Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I hope they are not playable race at all.
    Prepare to have your hopes crushed.

Deleted
    I made this picture a few days ago about potential allied races based on NPCs that can be found in the embassy. It's probably totally wrong but... Here you go :

https://i.imgur.com/hKQvXg0.jpg

Tortolan is coming!

Prepare that you get yours.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...100-confirmed/

It doesn't make sense to just, you know, boom-insert the race as a playable, at least not for BFA and Vulpera that is.
    That old thing again.
    That blue post doesn't say No, and it's the exact same rhetoric as when players first datamined current Allied races.

So again, prepare to have your hopes crushed. Vulpera are getting far more development than other races, and will have story development in BfA.

I'm neither in favor nor against vulpera.

Particularly, I hate that every expansion has to have some new half-animal humanoid, as most of them end up uninteresting and barely developed. The only exception that I really liked so far were the Arakkoa, all the others (furbolg, tuskarr, wolvar, saberon, ginyu, hozen) are little more than gimmicks.

In the case of the vulpera, they are a new race, they are in the right position to get lore, their story seems very well positioned to ally with the Horde, they have an aesthetic that has not been featured in playable races so far. All these favor them as playable. Plus, vulpera are way less of an asspull than void elves.

I don't expect to like them, but they are clearly popular, so I'm not against them becoming playable, so long as it does not become a trend and we end up with Horde and Alliance as beastmen zoos.
    Whatever...

Let's see:

Horde
    Mag'har (uncorrupted) Orcs: May include outland AND Draenor orcs, skins and options for the various clans
    Vulpera: Small and shamanistic race.
    Revantusk Tribe: Forest Trolls, big and bulky, old Horde allies, lots of throwing axes. Another troll race after Zandalari could make them unlikely to happen though.
    Ogres: Highly requested and oldschool but not "good looking" enough to be a full fledged race since very few people would play them, could work as an Allied race or they could be swapped for Mok'nathal as a compromise if Blizzard doesn't like the idea to make them playable still.

Alliance
    Kul Tiran: A compromise to have a Vrykul like race without making playable Vrykul.
    Wildhammer Dwarves: Classic Alliance option, the last memember of the Council of the Three Hammers. Primal and Shamanistic. Unlikely after Dark Iron Dwarves though.
    Furbolgs: Old Nigh Elven allies, threatened by the Horde. Another primal and shamanistic race which could complement the Alliance.
    Broken Draenei: Another classic choice with a new working models from Argus based on Draenei skeleton. Unlikely after Lightforged Draenei though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    That avatar... fitting.

Theres vulpera in kul'tiras aswell. The pirate ones. You also don't know how this "horde helps" is gonna end up, as you don't know what happens in the alliance campaign when they go to zandalar. So... shut up? Don't give facts you don't have.

It is likely, but theres nothing confirmed. The horde mark on the files is just cause they are NPC's on hordes questing line. I said that cause i know you were gonna try to bring it up.
    I never used that argument in any vulpera related discussion. Ever. Although I think it's a pretty decent one. At least more decent than your bullshit.

And the only thing I am gonna try bring up is the fact that Blizz wouldn't state "Befriend the vulpera" if it actually didn't mean befriending them. And they wouldn't state that either if there wasn't an actual reputation tied to them. So, sorry to ruin your theory but considering this PLUS the datamined horde mark on the files (that actually you brought up to this discussion), I think we can pretty much assume that if vulperas become playable, they will be allied to the Horde most likely.

And yes, there really are some vulperas in Kul'Tiras that are pirates. I am aware. And there may or may not be another reputation tied to these people. But please don't tell me you would be so naive to think that their numbers within those pirates are so big that you could actually befriend just specifically them and recruit just them. Those pirates (as all pirates we've seen in the game so far) were people of multiple races. So the fact that some vulperas actually are pirates in Kul'Tiras means nothing.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2018-02-16 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I never used that argument in any vulpera related discussion. Ever. Although I think it's a pretty decent one. At least more decent than your bullshit.

And the only thing I am gonna try bring up is the fact that Blizz wouldn't state "Befriend the vulpera" if it actually didn't mean befriending them. And they wouldn't state that either if there wasn't an actual reputation tied to them. So, sorry to ruin your theory but considering this PLUS the datamined horde mark on the files (that actually you brought up to this discussion), I think we can pretty much assume that if vulperas become playable, they will be allied to the Horde most likely.

And yes, there really are some vulperas in Kul'Tiras that are pirates. I am aware. And there may or may not be another reputation tied to these people. But please don't tell me you would be so naive to think that their numbers within those pirates are so big that you could actually befriend just specifically them and recruit just them. Those pirates (as all pirates we've seen in the game so far) were people of multiple races. So the fact that some vulperas actually are pirates in Kul'Tiras means nothing.
    also till now seems like the only vulperas on kul tiras are in freehold(dungeon), so you might only kill them as alliance

If the Alliance gets reskinned Pandaren as Furbolgs, I'm out.

The first faction to get Murlocs loses.
    Last edited by Futhark; 2018-02-16 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    You do know, that Samwise Didier, senior art director at Blizzard Entertainment, the first memeber of the Sons of the Storm, drawn alot of anthropomorphic Pandas even before Mists of Pandaria become a thing? And then eventually lead to become Mists of Pandaria. Along with other Sons of the Storm members which togather made the concept art for mists of Pandaria.

Perhaps you should look up all info before making such bold statements.
    He also made illustrations for kids book with all sorts of cute characters, aswell as christmas warcraft illustrations every year. There's a difference between making artwork and implementing design in the game.

You also fail to mention that a pandaren (one pandaren) was a joke/easter egg character in W3.
    You know what W3 also had? Arthas playing an electric guitar when the credits started rolling, shall we have that in WoW too and make it important lore?

Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    Along with other Sons of the Storm members which togather made the concept art for mists of Pandaria.
    Yes and when the story team comes to artists to whip up a pony race, they will make concept art of a pony race. Your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Problem is the alliance have no ties to the Vrykul, outside of the Valajar all the one's we've met have tried to murder us. I cannot see Odyn taking sides in a mortal war when Azeroth is potentially dying, so that rules them out of the picture. They'd need to make a story about why the Vrykul would join the alliance and not to mention the female Vrykul models have no facial animations and a lack of customisation options, they also fall outside what allied races are about from Blizzard's PoV.

Blizzard use existing skeletons to make it much easier than adding new races, Vrykul fall outside of this, the Kul'tirans have their own model but odds are Blizzard will copy the human animations over to them to save time.
    True true I agree with you! in all honesty I prefer Kul'tirans as an allied race over the Vrykul since it's much more possible and the fact that kul'tirans have a much more obvious physial difference compared to vrykuls if scaled down to human size

Quote Originally Posted by j4y3eon View Post
    Why does everyone think, that kul'tira will be a race? They have 2 faces and share the skeleton from the ogre. Ogres arent a playable race and blizz confirmed that only playable races that share a skeleton will be playable. The only playable one could be the thin-kultira but they have no females (yet) and have like 5 faces?

My guess: Draenor Orcs for horde (confirmed) and vulpera for alliance. Because the snake-people don't have the playermodel, like underwear and don't even have different genders. Vulpera on the other hand, have like 8 skins, 14 different ears & earrings for each ear and 5 faces.
    Because it's the next logical step if we want to get human allied race considering the fact that they already have the models up and ready, and the fact that Kul'tiras would be in a location in BFA, it's just more likely gonna be a thing.

I'm not saying it's not possible and I am not saying they said "NOT EVER" as they never do. But, do you hear yourself? A new, completely non-existent race ever before is going to have "FAR MORE DEVELOPMENT THAN OTHER RACES"?!?!? Get real dude.
    They aren't wrong. Vulpera have eyeball animations: Naga and Ogres don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    He also made illustrations for kids book with all sorts of cute characters, aswell as christmas warcraft illustrations every year. There's a difference between making artwork and implementing design in the game.

You also fail to mention that a pandaren (one pandaren) was a joke/easter egg character in W3.
    You know what W3 also had? Arthas playing an electric guitar when the credits started rolling, shall we have that in WoW too and make it important lore?

Yes and when the story team comes to artists to whip up a pony race, they will make concept art of a pony race. Your point?
    But it have been implemented into the game, you said that none of the sons of he storm would ever come up with such things, Samwise came up with such things, and he is part of the Sons of the Storm. It's not more then that, it was implemented into the game. And as you say, he have done a kids book with alot of anthropomorphic pandas in them, both illustrated and written it by himself. He have done it into the World of Warcraft as he done it outside World of Warcraft. He done album art to Hammerfall also.

Is there a reason that he needs to be mentioned(the one pandaren), as we are talking about the Sons of the Storms? Also, wich one of them? The one in the Human Campaign or the one in the Orc Campaign? 'Caus yes, I agree the one Pandaren in the Human Campaign can be seen as a joke and a easter egg. But Chen Stormstout helping Rexxar during the Orc Campaign as a joke and a easter egg? I kinda doubtful about that, arguably since the Founding of Durotar was realsed a few months after the realse of Frozen Throne itself if I remeber correctly? But in either case.

Regardless if the Pandaren during the WC3 was an Easter Egg/Joke or not. Just two years later after the release of Frozen Throne, they did expand on the lore of the Pandaren in the RPG-books, ofcourse the book are considered non-cannon now. But during that time very early around 2005 they where offical, they only established some lore and it was vague I will admit that, but it was still Pandaren lore, so they where considered cannon very early. And I remeber people back during TBC era was very interested in Pandaren as a playable race, along with the Ogres as a playable race ofcourse.

It doesn't stop the artists to contribute with an idea to the story team. Not saying they are doing it all the time, but it ain't impossibal.

And goblins don't.
    Right, but the Vulpera are using animations highly likely to be new Goblin animations, and they have eyeball movements. Goblins and Worgen are getting a rework. NPC races with detailing that high quality are usually also player races: even Nightborne had to be changed to become expressive/emotive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Classic duo races: Draenor clan Orcs along with straight backed Orcs and Kul'Tirans for the Humans

Voldun duo races : Vulpera for the Horde and Sethrak for the Alliance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    I'm getting the impression that you don't know what things make a race a "furry race". Its not just about the fur. Actually fur isn't that important in the end. Its about the whole aura and presense of the race. Which Worgen, Pandaren (expect mabye Females) and Tauren totally lack. Vulpera have exactly the furry vibe. Even a half blind man can see that. But looks like you can't. But who cares. Some people just have to babble about everything, even though they obviously don't even know what they're talking about.
    ok the "vibe"

im "felling"

hehe, i care less about this shit, like i said, there things worse, is worthless crying about the fox people
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-16 at 09:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post

The bullshit is yours. You don't have facts to give. You literally don't know how that story with the Vulpera is gonna go or what the alliance side one will be at max level. So, shut up and wait until there's confirmation. You don't get to play higher than thou when you don't have facts.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-02-17 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    The bullshit is yours. You don't have facts to give. You literally don't know how that story with the Vulpera is gonna go or what the alliance side one will be at max level. So, shut up and wait until there's confirmation. You don't get to play higher than though when you don't have facts.
    Okay. See you later.

I'm not saying it's not possible and I am not saying they said "NOT EVER" as they never do. But, do you hear yourself? A new, completely non-existent race ever before is going to have "FAR MORE DEVELOPMENT THAN OTHER RACES"?!?!? Get real dude.
    I am real, you're the one denying facts here and obviously getting triggered as hell over it.

Vulpera has received far more development than other NPC races. Just because you don't like the facts, doesn't mean they ain't present.

- - - Updated - - -

And goblins don't.
    Because Goblins haven't been brought up to scratch yet, AKA they're outdated models not making use of more recent tech. They'll be updated. Doesn't stop Blizzard from adding new races though.

I find it hilarious how you rail on about how "people wanting something and seeing patterns as a result", when that's exactly what you're frantically trying to do yourself, only from a point of NOT wanting something to happen.