Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People still complaining about LFR when there are 3 more difficulty levels to choose = fucking retards

Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    Legendaries, titanforging, the never ending daily quests ( emissarys / WQ), the simplistic rotations and further pruning (dumbing down) of the game, the forced AP grinds that got reset multiple times during the expansion. Also pvp has been pretty terrible.
    That still doesn't make it the worst expansion ever. It's not even the second. Or third.

Breaking News: I don't like the expansion. WoW is dead.

So we're gonna forget that WoD was so awful even the devs scrapped it mid run to work on this expansion. The had to dig out of one hell of a hole and they did an awesome job saving this franchise. I would argue that Legion is one of the best expansions. Legendaries were my only small gripe enjoyed everything else.

OPs talking out of his ass. Legion was one of the better expansions. Must be a Vanilla whore.

Deleted
    I just don't see eye to eye with how people rate their expansions.

For me, the most important thing is how much fun the game is to play, not how repetitive and grindy it is.

Legion was boring. It was Really boring. It had content patches, but the classes were ass to play after the revamp and all that Legion offered were RNG and grind systems (AP) in order to make you play the same boring content over and over.
    In Warlords, i had a blast each time i played. The classes were fun to play, alts or off-specs were easy to roll. There was less content but there was also less repetition and when i played i was truly enjoying it.

For me Legion is in the same league as Cataclysm into how boring it was. WoD wasn't the best expansion but it was definitely not the worst. Pretty much everyone in my guild agrees with this aswell. So, these opinions that Legion was good are really detached from me. Legion effectively killed the interest in the game for alot of my guildies that lived through WoD (75% or so).
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-02-23 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post

That still doesn't make it the worst expansion ever. It's not even the second. Or third.
    What's worse then Legion? TBC/TLK? You'd have to be retarded to think that Cata? Nope MoP ? LOL you have to be actually stupid. Wod? Yeah maybe not for me tho.

Most people I talk to from casual player to elitist raider to top end PvPer Legion has been pretty terrible.

Jokes on you guys that actually read the entire OP. There are better reads on toilet walls at truck stops.

Legion made it very easy for me to quit WoW, it was/is the best/worst expansion ever. Upon release it was the best expansion ever made, this lasted for about 4 months then it just became a daily reoccurring nightmare. I cringe and get nauseous thinking back about it now. The painful deceitful legendary system that locked you into a spec, HORRIFYING grinds and constant re balancing of specs. I've been unsubed for over a year and I still get Legion nightmares. It truly was a traumatizing experience that will thankfully keep me away from WoW for good.
    Last edited by zoned; 2018-02-24 at 05:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    These are the same people that want vanilla back, but complain that legion is too grindy and that gear is "hard" to get.

It wasn't. I played almost every day since launch I can say at the dullest it was on par with MoP. At it's best, it was ToT patch like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    These are the same people that want vanilla back, but complain that legion is too grindy and that gear is "hard" to get.
    Yeah, I remember grinding BRD +15 for gear that was better than Naxx 40 for all eternity and feeding artifact power to my Benediction. Thank God Legion came and rid us of terrible Vanilla grinds.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Dottywotty View Post
    Legion and Vanilla are two very different types of grinds. I personally don't even consider Vanilla to have been a grind. It was more like having fun playing a game and feeling good about it. There was a real sense of accomplishment and reward for your efforts. While Legion felt more like, wasting my life grinding this game. No sense of reward, only relief for completing daily/weekly chores.
    Last edited by zoned; 2018-02-24 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Yeah, I remember grinding BRD +15 for gear that was better than Naxx 40 for all eternity and feeding artifact power to my Benediction. Thank God Legion came and rid us of terrible Vanilla grinds.
    Lol man, the vast majority of players never remotely saw anything anywhere close to bis gear in Vanilla. But they were grinding the shit out of the game outside of raids to get consumables and such. And you think Legion is grindy? You do not have a clue. For fucks sake it took most people a good month or more just to level up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    Legion and Vanilla are two very different types of grinds. I personally don't even consider Vanilla to have been a grind. It was more like having fun playing a game and feeling good about it. There was a real sense of accomplishment and reward for your efforts. While Legion felt more like, wasting my life grinding this game. No sense of reward, only relief for completing daily/weekly chores.
    I disagree a little with no real sense of accomplishment for your efforts in legion. Putting the effort in gives you more legendaries and ap over time. Sure after 75 traits you don't really need to grind ap, I certainly don't and any I get is usually from activities that go towards legendary chances.

Honestly though, I don't see these things as grinds, just like how you didn't see vanilla as a grind. Is the term "grind" supposed to be a negative term? I don't think it is. To me, it means doing repetitive stuff to gain an advantage, not something that takes long for the sake of it taking long.

I didn't play vanilla, so I don't have a valid comparison. Only from videos ive watched from vanilla players and other people who played during vanilla.

Legion was one of the best we had in a long time! The only thing I didn't like was the legendary grind but that was just at the beginning. Fresh characters are a walk in the park to gear(if you got a good guild you're geared in a night).

Story wise I loved leveling this expansion and this is the first time o got all 9 to end level instead if my typical three.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol @ Legion questing being an awful experience. Implying other expansions did it better. I've been waiting to see that from someone so I can have a good laugh. Come on, now. Like, really?

It's not even a competition.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    did you ever played any other mmorpg out there ? like ever ? because every single mmoprg out there does offer slow single player gear progression outside of group content. rpg without it is as good as dead sinply because most of people are not good enough to participate in hardmodes - but without gear progress rpg aspect is as good as dead - yes it wont be best gear - but it should be decent enough to keep people playing. wow doesnt offer it atm and thats why its online numbers are worse then ever before, worse then at the end of WoD even though it offers much more content http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weekly...hp?serverid=-1
    did you ever play wow? like ever ? cause it sure as hell looks like its not the case.solo gearing is atm the easiest it has ever been with free 910 gear on argus and before that u got decent from just doing the world quests, or the weeklies....

Quote Originally Posted by Bantais View Post
    I've played all Legion, and I had to spend 10 months of gametime to actually understand this isn't the game for me.
    Here, I summed up your post for you. You are just a hater and tired of the game, just quit, wow is not for you anymore mate.

Legion had:

- Amazing Story
    - Fun raids
    - Fun dungeons and m+
    - Artifact progression, constantly empowering your char
    - Legendaries, while controversial, I really liked gathering legendaries on my main, not a good system for alts.
    - World quests and nice zone design with exception of broken shore
    - Fun rewards in terms of mounts, pets and titles
    - Very good catchup mechanics, if you actually try, you can have an alt raid ready for mythic in 2-3 weeks, even without bis leggos.

The bad:

- Pvp
    - Broken shore

10+ Year Old Account
    The only real aspect of the game for me that was worse in Legion than in any other expansions was the sense of never having something completed:

• Artifact Power -> Endless grind for more power & talents.
    • Reputations -> Finally reach exalted, then realize you never max out with paragon levels.
    • Loot rewarding activities (WQ's/Raids/Dungeons) -> War-/Titanforging. That snowflake piece of gear always eludes you.
    • Raids & (M+) Dungeons -> Never become irrelevant due to the same war-/titanforging.
    • Legendaries -> The ones you wanted/needed when they were relevant refused to drop, and the only way to obtain them faster (besides the usual weekly raid clear) is participate in the 'endless' grinds above.

I know nothing on that list is mandatory. But it still plays a trick on my mind which, for me, results in apathy. Why bother at all when you know odds of getting a big upgrade, let alone absolute BiS, are close to winning the lottery?

I'm well aware that some people absolutely loved this, and I understand why they do. But for me, it's pretty much the complete opposite. I miss the sense of being done with something. In the past, alts were my go-to activity when things on my main were done for the day/week. Now I rarely touch them, because in that rare situation that I feel like playing, playing an alt feels like a waste of time because I could've done something 'useful' on my main in stead. Which then completely puts me off playing again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    do I even need to laugh at the "gearing in legion wasnt hard, what people complained about was getting gear"
    Are you REALLY that SILLY that you can differentiate between getting gear and getting legos? You are? okay then....

- - - Updated - - -

We've had kung-fu pandas and space cows and yet the legion storyline was garbage?
    I hope you ignorant silly know that we had Pandas in WoW lore long before Kung fu Panda?

Problably the most disappointing expansion ever.
    we talked about that and that you dont mean Legion but WOD...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    someone clearly forgot to farm his resilence gear....pink glasses on your nose still? D: