Page 1 of 47
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why legion was probably one of the worst expansions

Some of the players here seems to be praising legion to a point where some of the praise starts to become a little bit delusional. I have a somewhat different opinion about legion and thought it was one of the worst expansions.

• The Story in legion was a bit far fetched, and seems to be build around a spaceship invasion of dalaran.
    • Artifact Power is a boring and mindless grinding loop. Same goes for grinding nethershards and veiled argunites, you just do the same mindless and repetitive grinding over and over again, theres almost no sense of having accomplished anything.
    • Questing was bad with some of the quests being bugged and they would sometimes show a wrong location for the quest mark on the minimap. Some of the questing areas had awful map design and they were annoying to navigate through, with high mountain being the absolute worst.
    • Gearing up was a pain in the ass in the beginning, with titanforging and the broken RNG loot system making it worse than it already was. It felt like you were wasting your time gearing up for raids.
    • LFR in legion is a joke. I realize its supposed to be for beginners, but seriously. LFR is so mind-numbingly boring and easy that you could go out and make a cup of coffe and come back to pick up your loot.
    • Time Gating has never been more obvious than in legion. It felt like this expansion was designed to make you spend as much time as possible, instead of giving you an expansion that is enjoyable to play.
    • Argus is some of the most boring and uninspiring content ever produced in world of warcraft. You would constantly run into dead ends, the rewards are abysmal and mobs are swarming all over you.
    • Legiondaries are a bad joke. They are based on RNG so we don't have to do anything to earn them, its disgraceful the way blizzard designed this system. What's the point of playing the game if the best items are given to you by luck?
    • World Quests are the same boring and repetitive daily quests that often gives you worse gear than you already have. Sometimes it takes longer to get to the actual quests than it takes to complete them.
    • Mythic+ takes away your option to decide what dungeons you want to play, so the RNG in the game will decide that for you instead. You won't get any loot from any boss besides the final boss, which often gives you useless AP instead.
    • Class Design in legion is pretty bad. Some of the classes has been dumbed down and oversimplified to a point where they feel similar to some of the classes in Diablo 3, and most specializations feels boring and uninspiring to play.
    • PvP is probably the worst of any expansion.

Summary, legion was a garbage expansion and a boring RNG shitshow with the same mindless grinding over and over again. It felt like grinding for the sake of grinding, and it felt like a job rather than an enjoyable game to play
    Last edited by mmoc7197edf7e7; 2018-06-30 at 09:06 AM.

I'm with the guy above me... I do not feel like we had the same experience... in the slightest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not experience the same Legion you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Did we play the same expansion? Just unsub and leave, no need to lie on MMOchamp and make out the game to be far worse than it is. No one cares.
    Agreed... But it's likely just troll bait... Some very odd opinions up there.

Wait, that's about Legion? Feels like you are talking about some other game instead...

7+ Year Old Account
    I would say Legion is the worst but i bet most people love it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gonna have to say I truthfully vehemently disagree with 99% of what you said. It's just not true, factually, and I honestly think this is just bait.

Alas, if this is truly how you feel, just know that millions of people disagree.
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2018-02-16 at 06:01 AM.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lolwut. Why do I feel like this is bait?

The Leveling was some of the best we've ever had.
    I geared up easier than any Expansion previous to Legion.
    Mythic+ gave me more non-raid challenge than I've had ever in WoW.
    I always felt a sense of Progression since I was always able to work towards something to make my character stronger.
    LFR is meant to be a Joke and as such If you think it is go do "actual" Raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    can agree on some points i also dont like how we get raid zones /argus/broken shore/ before the actual raid is out

Why your opinion doesn't matter. Should be title of thread.

or Why millions of people disagree with you
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Legion stopped the skidding collapse that was WoD. It was a vast improvement from that in my opinion. But that doesn't make it the jesus of expansions or anything. It was better than the worse expansion of all time. Cheers. But like all expansions it had its goods and bads. The goods were about even with the bads for me which makes it pretty solid for me. I just have come to accept that the "magic" for the game is lost to me. So I just don't seek it anymore. WoW is just a social media game for me that I get to play with friends and such. Not much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm not sure what this guy is talking about, but it's definitely not WoW: Legion.

It is far from perfect, but it was/is an enjoyable expansion compared to some others (WoD/Cata).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Did we play the same expansion? Just unsub and leave, no need to lie on MMOchamp and make out the game to be far worse than it is. No one cares.
    We played the same expansion, but we have two different opinions. If you get upset by someone else opinion, then a message board isn't for you.
    Last edited by mmoc7197edf7e7; 2018-05-05 at 05:54 PM.

Another echo: we didn't play the same expansion.

You're a solo, unguilded player who expects that LFR should be a challenge. Although that playstyle is not disallowed by the game, it is suboptimal. Go make some friends or go play Elder Scrolls.

7+ Year Old Account
    the leveling process in this game is too easy, I think it should be harder. The playstyle is dated now and blizzard needs to work on there next big mmo to replace an aging wow and Legion was by far not the worst expansion but WoD definately is. I played in Vanilla wow and as much of a pain it was too level you felt powerful even if you weren't geared once you hit level 60. The new style of MMO's coming out of Korea now are definately a much more fun type of MMO to play for me. The grind can be annoying but it's also rewarding. I've been playing BDO currently while I wait for Ascent: Infinite Realm and a few other MMOs that are coming out to pick my next game to play. I enjoyed my time in WoW but I have moved on now to newer games.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axial View Post
    I'm with the guy above me... I do not feel like we had the same experience... in the slightest.
    Me neither. Overall I was happy with Legion as an expansion. I'm on indefinite break from WOW, but it's not because of Legion or anything else other than the fact that I'm severely burned out on MMO's period (I'm also on break from FFXIV despite enjoying that game while I was playing it).

I'm not going to say Legion was bug free. But there were *surprisingly* few problems. Compared to say, WOD, where Horde couldn't use flight paths for the first two months. And MOP where flight paths were broken entirely for everyone for almost 2 and a half months (as in, Pandaria flight paths did not work at all, for anyone - Blizzard's "solution" in the interim was "you have a flying mount, use it").

Legendaries, titanforging, the never ending daily quests ( emissarys / WQ), the simplistic rotations and further pruning (dumbing down) of the game, the forced AP grinds that got reset multiple times during the expansion. Also pvp has been pretty terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did OP play a different game to the rest of us?

Hard to gear up? You have to be jokes. This was the easiest expansion to date to gear a player.
    Aye mate

I'm pretty sure this is jebait. your argument isn't even backed by facts at all. If you didn't like the expac you didn't like it but no need to hop on here and spew nonsense.

Every opinion in the OP is incorrect.