Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    Sorry but WowProgress is currently using the metric of players who have killed a T20 Heroic boss AFAIK. It certainly does not mean active players per day. They could kill one heroic t20 boss and quit and they would still be counted.

Yes, that's not all players, but my 1.2 million estimate was probably generous to start.. I didn't actually add them up and used a figure of 5k per server as an average which was an estimate from viewing the populations from most active server to least. Then I doubled it assuming most players who are even somewhat active players have probably killed at least the first heroic boss of the previous raid tier. Even if that number is 25% or 33% (which seems low to me), the population estimate, even given overly generous numbers to come up with that number, would be 4.8 million active players. I think most people would bet money that the number of active players is closer to 2 million than 4.

The player population matters because the general trend of the game affects the amount of resources Blizzard commits to future development. BFA frankly looks like a seriously maintenance mode type of expansion designed to squeeze a little more juice out of the dry rock that the game has become. Increase hours played and get more money out of the players you have left rather than trying to create enjoyable content that will grow the playerbase again. The size of the playerbase and trend of that growth does matter... it matters a lot when Blizzard is making high level decisions about how much they want to invest in the future of the game.
    You are on good stuff if you think raiding statistics is a good metric for determining active players. Not everyone raids. Not everyone does LFR.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnedge View Post
    You are on good stuff if you think raiding statistics is a good metric for determining active players. Not everyone raids. Not everyone does LFR.
    True, not everyone raids, even at LFR level. Not everyone runs M+, not everyone dabbles in PvP. But the numbers for all three types of activities are uniformingly downwards. Check wowprogress, raider.io and Blizz's own numbers for PvP respectively. The latter have tanked especially bad.

Was it? Better received i mean, we have no numbers...just people on the forums and twitch, i'd like to see some numbers but Blizzard doesn't disclose those anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    True, not everyone raids, even at LFR level. Not everyone runs M+, not everyone dabbles in PvP. But the numbers for all three types of activities are uniformingly downwards. Check wowprogress, raider.io and Blizz's own numbers for PvP respectively. The latter have tanked especially bad.
    Oh I don’t doubt that.

The problem is if one of the major areas of the game hurts, it drags the rest down with it. PvP has been pretty trash all expansion. But even with that Legion was still doing good. But then ToS happened and it smoked a lot of players. NH was tuned a little hard in Mythic then ToS stepped it up and was just too much.

No you have hurt PvP and hurt end game raiding and the rest of aspects suffer because they see reduced player participation. Legion was great up through NH.

Blizzard just needs to fix pvp and stop tuning raids around the top 1% of guilds.