Prot spec taking massive damage

Hey all,

Thought this would be the easiest place to ask. But during the likes of heroic Antorus, I am taking some serious bit hit to the point of 6-7 million. And end up dying most fights.
    I am using every defensive cooldown as much as I can, but still take a beating.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...thilas/blitzar

My actual in game stats (From memory) are:
    8.4M Health buffed.
    54% Mastery
    30% haste
    7% Vers (Damage reduction side)

Is there anything I can change or do (Except change class and get more ilvl) to stop this? Or help the damage at least?

10+ Year Old Account
    Provide logs if possible, that'll help a lot.

Just after looking really quickly at your longest duration Varimathras wipe duration 0:53 I see a slew of things you can do to drastically decrease your damage intake. You only cast Shield block once in that 53 seconds. You definitely want to have shield block up as much as possible when tanking. You only cast shield slam 3 times....you want that to be a priority cast whenever it's off cooldown as it's your #1 rage generator and you will be proccing it off CD with devastator. Not to mention you should be spamming shield slam following your use of battlecry and demoralizing shout because of your 2pc Set bonus giving it 100% cd reduction. You spam that along with ignore pain giving yourself a huge damage shield.

Long story short you're not using your active mitigation Shield block and rage dump(ignore pain) at all. I'd advise you to check out a prot warrior tanking guide on wowhead or the warrior discord (skyhold) to read about proper rotation and use of your defensives.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at your Gorothi Warbreaker kill, you only cast ignore pain 12 times over the 4 minute encounter as opposed to your 36 casts of revenge. You're choosing to dump your rage into an offensive ability which is why you're taking so much damage. The benefit of being a prot warrior is smoothing your incoming damage with block and preventing the damage with ignore pain. Also by not using ignore pain, you're not gaining much benefit from your renewed fury talent that increases your damage by 10% after using ignore pain.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Do you use Weak Auras? I have WAs set up for all my defensives so I can see at a glance what stands between me and my attackers. Shield Block (Spell Reflect for magic) with time remaining is one of the most important bits of data in my display for most fights.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Thank you Shandrazel, am going to make those changes to abilities used.
    Didn't realise it was that bad haha - now you type it out though I can see

And yes I use WA - have stole one from a site that lists ALL warrior procs. A bit ott but seems to work

You're also wasting alot of rage by overcapping. In that Garothi Worldbreaker fight you had a raw rage gain of 2913 you wasted 816, that's nearly 30%. That would have been like 13 full IPs, which in turn should have been like 20+ million damage absorbed. And it also would have taken 81 seconds off cooldowns affected by Anger Management.