Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see it come back as a 15 talent option. I always loved the idea of Sword and Board DPS, and Gladiator was fun for that. then they took it away.

Or its own spec.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Legion brought the artifact system, where you are locked to one single weapon at each of your roles/specs.

Playing a dps warrior with shield would be impossible in this system, because you would use 1 weapon for 2 roles. It would be unnecessary for a prot warrior to invest time into an other weapon, just to have an offspec dps role.

I want Gladiator's Resolve back as a talent once we get rid of this artifact weapon system, because I (and many other warriors) just need a mid-tier (aka decent) dps offspec for non-tanking situations.
    This is all I have to say.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20130929182255
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I'd love to see it come back as a 15 talent option. I always loved the idea of Sword and Board DPS, and Gladiator was fun for that. then they took it away.

Or its own spec.
    Can't have fun in a blizzard game anymore =(

That's why I posted it in the warrior forum, not in the general one, and I said Legion killed it, not WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Currently they are rogues looking like cats, and they are warriors looking like bears. That's one of the reasons I don't see fantasy in WoW's druids and I don't like them.

I remember the situation with druids, and it's a good reason to have other classes more options, before some wild DH comes here asking for a healer role.

Gladiator Stance wasn't a real spec, it just added some flavor and flexibility to prot warriors. I myself still do most of the non-instanced content as prot, because I like the style and I don't mind if it takes a little longer to kill some mobs or elites.
    Currently?

They have always been like that. The difference with today is that today you have a single gear that can be used for both specs while years ago you had 3-4 gear sets and weapons you had to use depending if you wanted to go melee/ranged dps, healer or tank.

If you were in cat form with cat gear you couldn’t simply switch to bear and tank with the cat gear, it would have been quite ineffective.

Deleted
    Bake Ravager into baseline (let's be honest, nobody ever picks up that waste of a talent) and put Gladiator stance in it's place...

done

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's a real shame Blizzard have gone back on their vow to look at bringing back Gladiator spec after Legion. Especially as it was arguably the biggest success story of WoD, and not something that should have been cut just to save dev time in the first place

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Anyway people saying gladiator was terrible during HFC are ignorant, or just they just jumped on the hating bandwagon.
    True, I did all of heroic HFC as Gladiator and most of mythic, no issues. It was a high skill cap but a low skill floor, it REALLY annoyed our fury warriors that I could out damage them on Archimonde with the same ilevel (passive cleave FTW), their rage was funny haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    Can't have fun in a blizzard game anymore =(
    then why the hell do you play? why do so many people complain they arent having fun and then go right back to playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It's a real shame Blizzard have gone back on their vow to look at bringing back Gladiator spec after Legion. Especially as it was arguably the biggest success story of WoD, and not something that should have been cut just to save dev time in the first place

- - - Updated - - -

True, I did all of heroic HFC as Gladiator and most of mythic, no issues. It was a high skill cap but a low skill floor, it REALLY annoyed our fury warriors that I could out damage them on Archimonde with the same ilevel (passive cleave FTW), their rage was funny haha.
    so, where is this vow you are talking about? i dont remember anything about them revisiting it anytime soon. also "biggest success story"? sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it wasn't really a success story at all was it? It was fine and did its job but hardly anyone played it after Highmaul. I enjoyed it, did some raiding with it and ripped out something like 87 waves in proving grounds with it, definitely had my fun with it but I was fully aware of its weaknesses for progression raiding and even more aware of how unplayed it was.

At any given time playing gladiator I knew that if I were to dedicate some time to It I could have taken all of the rank 1s for the spec, and not because I was especially good but because not enough people were playing it who had good gear and a decent amount of parses. The one raid I played it with "decent" Mythic level gear in HFC I took 6-7 rank 1s boss logs in a single raid purely because there was simply no real competition, nobody was playing the spec.

Early on for sure it was popular and it had fair few people who liked playing it (such as us Welsh folk), but it was far from a success story. I'd be surprised if we ever saw it return, Blizzard wanted it dead pretty much on arrival.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    so, where is this vow you are talking about?
    After people found out Gladiator was being dropped in Legion to save dev time on artifacts there was a huge backlash from the community that Blizzard wasn't expecting/prepared for, as a result they made a blue post stating they still loved the concept and will look to bring it back in the future. Turns out they didn't mean it and were just trying to placate the mob lol.

It's actually kinda funny because there's now like a weekly GS thread on the WoW forums and reddit as new people keep finding out they're not bringing it back after all XD

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Well it wasn't really a success story at all was it?
    Of course it was, they introduced a fourth spec for warriors which was noticeably different, provided new flavour to the class, proved widely popular and remained competitive all expansion. I'm struggling to think of anything in WoD that was as successful.

After people found out Gladiator was being dropped in Legion to save dev time on artifacts there was a huge backlash from the community that Blizzard wasn't expecting/prepared for, as a result they made a blue post stating they still loved the concept and will look to bring it back in the future. Turns out they didn't mean it and were just trying to placate the mob lol.

It's actually kinda funny because there's now like a weekly GS thread on the WoW forums and reddit as new people keep finding out they're not bringing it back after all XD

Of course it was, they introduced a fourth spec for warriors which was noticeably different, provided new flavour to the class, proved widely popular and remained competitive all expansion. I'm struggling to think of anything in WoD that was as successful.
    How was it widely popular when nobody played it after the first raid? Like I said, so few people played it that I logged 6-7 rank 1 parses in a single raid because there was nobody playing the spec, absolute tiny percentage of players actively using it for raiding and PVP. That's not a success story, that's a dead spec that had a few diehard fans.

Legion brought the artifact system, where you are locked to one single weapon at each of your roles/specs.

Playing a dps warrior with shield would be impossible in this system, because you would use 1 weapon for 2 roles. It would be unnecessary for a prot warrior to invest time into an other weapon, just to have an offspec dps role.

I want Gladiator's Resolve back as a talent once we get rid of this artifact weapon system, because I (and many other warriors) just need a mid-tier (aka decent) dps offspec for non-tanking situations.
    If anything you are looking at 4th specs possibly in the future and they could build a spec around it, though I think most would agree that Blademaster would probably fit more with the Warrior is that was done.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    How was it widely popular when nobody played it after the first raid?
    Because loads of people did play it after the first raid, an OP spec getting nerfed into line isn't the same as a spec being killed off. Even late into the expansion there was still a large amount of Warriors sticking with Gladiator spec for raiding as while it was the third highest simming of the specs it still put out competitive numbers in actual fights and was viable right into mythic (it was sooo funny seeing Fury warriors rage on Archimonde over being beaten by a GS warrior due to the built in cleave XD). As for solo and 5man content it still had a big following due to being the best solo warrior spec and was fully competitive/represented in 5mans.

The fact there was such a backlash when it's removal was announced and there are still so many threads/posts on the WoW forums/reddit asking about it's return shows how popular it was.

Because loads of people did play it after the first raid, an OP spec getting nerfed into line isn't the same as a spec being killed off. Even late into the expansion there was still a large amount of Warriors sticking with Gladiator spec for raiding as while it was the third highest simming of the specs it still put out competitive numbers in actual fights and was viable right into mythic (it was sooo funny seeing Fury warriors rage on Archimonde over being beaten by a GS warrior due to the built in cleave XD). As for solo and 5man content it still had a big following due to being the best solo warrior spec and was fully competitive/represented in 5mans.

The fact there was such a backlash when it's removal was announced and there are still so many threads/posts on the WoW forums/reddit asking about it's return shows how popular it was.
    Look man there were not a lot of people playing the spec and it wasn't as competitive as you're suggesting even in the slightest. - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/8/ - 279 damn parses on Mythic for the entire raid and it's 5th from bottom dps just above Frost DK's who were much more valuable to raids for progression (hence the 7000+ parses by comparison). I'm well aware of how competitive it was because when I played it I was one of the top parsing players with the spec, I'm fully aware of of how much damage it was capable of just as I'm fully aware of its glaring weaknesses (which I described earlier in the thread) for progress raiding.

Just take these numbers

Fury parses = 14.6k
    Arms parses = 11.6k
    Gladiator parses = 279

If that's what you call a popular spec that was a massive success then by all means, but that's not how anyone else looks at it.

I would love a sword and board dps spec... doubt it will happen anytime soon, but I am a sword and board kinda guy... but sometimes I want to relax and dps too!