10+ Year Old Account

what is the point of Bfa ?

- this is not a rant post, i simply want to know a simple thing -

ok, since i stated the obvious, let's go on. what i want to know is blizzard's intention of fueling the war between the factions. we all know that neither alliance nor the horde will win this coming-out-of-nowhere war. can you imagine horde conquering the alliance as a whole ? vice versa ? so, in the light of losing 1 city from each side (because if there wasn't a 1-1 score, imagine the outrage from the other faction right ? ) so far, i guess we can say that now we have an almost fully horde controlled kalimdor and alliance controlled azeroth (continent)

no matter what, none of the factions will lose or win at the end. i know this is world of warcraft and all but don't you guys think this is a pretty pointless turn of events ? i mean, we are killing gods and titans left and right. why the hell do i want to kill that human ? or why do i raze undercity when i know there is a much much bigger threat in the universe than that pesky and smelly undead ? are we (we being the character in-game) that retarded to raise swords to each other right after we defeat the entire titan population ? (except the good old sargeras ofcourse)

did you guys find a reasonable explanation on to why we try to kill each other instead of uniting against an obvious threat ?
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    - this is not a rant post, i simply want to know a simple thing -

ok, since i stated the obvious, let's go on. what i want to know is blizzard's intention of fueling the war between the factions. we all know that neither alliance nor the horde will win this coming-out-of-nowhere war. can you imagine horde conquering the alliance as a whole ? vice versa ? so, in the light of losing 1 city from each side (because if there wasn't a 1-1 score, imagine the outrage from the other faction right ? ) so far, i guess we can say that now we have an almost fully horde controlled kalimdor and alliance controlled azeroth (continent)

no matter what, none of the factions will lose or win at the end. i know this is world of warcraft and all but don't you guys think this is a pretty pointless turn of events ? i mean, we are killing gods and titans left and right. why the hell do i want to kill that human ? or why do i raze undercity when i know there is a much much bigger threat in the universe than that pesky and smelly undead ? are we (we being the character in-game) that retarded to raise swords to each other right after we defeat the entire titan population ? (except the good old sargeras ofcourse)

did you guys find a reasonable explanation on to why we try to kill each other instead of uniting against an obvious threat ?
    Answer 1 is of course that any serious answer to your question won't be available until we know more about the expansion.

Answer 2 is that from a meta perspective, the "humans vs orcs" aspect of the warcraft universe is a core tenet and attraction for lots of players, so you can bet your sweet bippy that Blizz will keep that fire burning. You may not like the reason they come up with though.

War is used for marketing. The actual meat of the expansion seems to be exploring old lands for the first time, expanding on existing lore and dealing with old god worshipping enemies.

We're getting extremely powerful, the only logical enemy left to fight is other player characters. It's a good opportunity to take us down a peg.