Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

A Westfall Revamp is coming - Thin humans in the Horde?

While I was looking at BfA alpha files I found something interesting, something that went unnoticed: Some isolated texture got labeled as "Westfall". That's enough for me to believe something is going to happen there... But I'm still short of evidences yet, see by yourself all I have.

Plus, fresh new harvest golems that are coming to town:

So either Blizzard has decided to revamp this place because it's one of the oldest one of the game, or they have some plans for it. It seems unlikely for it to turn into a warfront seeing how little ressources can be found there... So I'm starting to believe a twist is coming our way.

Westfall has been economically ruined since Cataclysm and Stormwind Kingdom showed little to no care to their misery. New waves of banditism regularly emerge from there even without the Defias and its inhabitant would do anything to survive. As if it wasn't enough, the Burning Legion directly attacked them and destroyed many of the few infrastructures they had.

I can totally picture Gallywix buying their allegiance for a few gold coins. It would make sense seeing how much he needs workforce to exploit Azerite and how little he cares about the traditional Horde values.

What do think about that?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    perhaps Anduin is finally dealing with the whole starving populace problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

That would be really cool. I'm always up for moving the story of any zone forward. Either the Horde funds Defias activities in the zone or the Alliance regains full control would be amazing.

I can see the Thin Humans being Westfall...ians? And the fat ones being Kul'Tiran. But one would have to think they would be introducing ~2 new Orc races to counter balance. Mag'har and .... Dragonmaw? Maybe Shattered Hand?

Very interesting, though I can't see them replacing the harvest golems with the more Kul'tiran variant. I'm sure it would only require a small model tweek. I've been saying for quite a while that Blizzard should update old zones piece meal as appossed to all at once, to avoid the Cataclysm issue. I think this is a move in the right direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be great to see the Fat Human too as a rich snob who wants to steal everything from the Thin Humans.
    Human Guards (Can be normal ones) protect the land from both threats etc...
    For the Horde!

Might be preparation for a 1-60 revamp?

I always thought that they should do a few zones at a time when they've got developers to spare rather than focusing all development resources on a revamp.

I think this is definitely pointing towards the Westfall people being involved in something, between the skinny humans, their data strings, the golem revamp and this texture.

I think there would be some backlash to two human allied races however, and if they didn't do Kul Tirans with their unique models and the fact that we help them and get nothing in return (unlike Zandalari) may rub some people the wrong way.

What's weird to me though is that the skinny men use the female Undead rigging, so what would the skinny women use? Would both use the same rigging? I think that would look strange and doesn't seem like a thing they'd do.

Seems like quite a stretch, very little to go on and potentially just the reuse of assets that were used in west fall so using the same file identifiers.

If they went or not to the Horde, it won't be Gallywix.

He already said that he will run his business and leave diplomacy to you.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Seems like quite a stretch, very little to go on and potentially just the reuse of assets that were used in west fall so using the same file identifiers.
    True, it could be a reuse, but Westfall being included in the same category of files as the other new 8.0 zones is a little suspicious isn't it?

New harvest golem models likely mean Kul Tiras will use them as well. It even looks thematically appropriate.

Certainly not enough evidence to claim a Westfall revamp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Probably some kind of warfront. Though a revamp would be nice.

Thin Humans on the Horde is unlikely... unless the Alliance get Draenor Orcs.

Introducing fat and thin humans as an Allied Race is asinine in nature and scope. Both of those options should be BASELINE, customization options for humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wetfall is likely the location of a warzone
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Unlikely that a zone right in Stormwinds backyard would suddenly turn Horde.

Deleted
    We dont need humans in the Horde....
    Boring races belong in the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    We dont need humans in the Horde....
    Boring races belong in the Alliance.
    But but...but they are THIN !!!

The Alliance Mag'har/Horde human thing has no basis besides a single line from Saurfang, who has little connection to the Mag'har of either world. Character strings for thin humans being added along with Vulpera points to them being worked on alongside the Vulpera, so if anything they are the Alliance counterpart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    perhaps Anduin is finally dealing with the whole starving populace problem.
    ^This seems more likely than human joining the horde.