Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Wetfall is likely the location of a warzone
    Was thinking this too with the filenames in the screenshots OP posted (siegetower). It's more likely Westfall will have a Warfront rather than become an introduction zone to Thin Humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    True, it could be a reuse, but Westfall being included in the same category of files as the other new 8.0 zones is a little suspicious isn't it?
    Its probably a azerite thing...apparently azerite isn't exclusive to Slithius and its popping up in other areas and zones maybe the people of westfall are about to strike it big with azerite mining.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I can see the Thin Humans being Westfall...ians? And the fat ones being Kul'Tiran. But one would have to think they would be introducing ~2 new Orc races to counter balance. Mag'har and .... Dragonmaw? Maybe Shattered Hand?
    Wouldn't make sense to add Westfall thin humans as new allied races, when they already are alliance and are the same race as Eastern Kingdoms humans already, but only thinner

This must be a toggle for Race: Human. Just like Orcs/draenor orcs will be able to toggle upright orcs. Maybe they can add the toggle to the Kul'Tiran too, but I have a feeling that the Race:Kul'tiran Human can toggle either big bulky or normal human.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
    Was thinking this too with the filenames in the screenshots OP posted (siegetower). It's more likely Westfall will have a Warfront rather than become an introduction zone to Thin Humans.
    I don't think those assets are part of the second Westfall folder as it isn't highlighted. I do think it may be a Warfront, but I think the warfront models in that screenshot are unrelated to the folder. OP can correct me if I'm wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    The game is slowly being updated to meet today's standards (with itself). I wouldn't dig too deep on this. Buzzards also go a model update (which are also found throughout Westfall).

I don't know why the only motives people come up with for most of the races joining the Horde over the Alliance is that they don't like the Alliance. Feels like a one-dimensional cop-out excuse to just make them available to Horde players. Sure Westfall humans are victims of, and upset with, Stormwind's politics. This is certainly a complex and realistic motive for something, but is it a realistic enough motive to join the Horde? If you are upset with the U.S. government, would you immediately say "alright, i'm going to pack up and move to Russia?" (this is pure analogy here. A&H are two opposing superpowers just like U.S. and Russia. Not trying to insert any kind of agenda).

I think having them join Horde because of the problems in Westfall just throws out potential story and character development within the Alliance. It gets rid of the potential for inter-faction conflict, which is something the buddy-buddy Alliance sorely needs. What Blizzard did with the Cataclysm Defias arc -- having them band together with the disenfranchised, and trying to change things in their own way -- is much better than simply having them run to the Horde for help. It makes them feel more relatable than arguably any other faction in the game. It makes them actually feel human (mind the pun). Sure you can say Gallywix might buy them out, (not sure if you're refering to Defias, or just Westfall in general), but that wouldn't be enough to make them playable for Horde characters, that just means they've found work. Also you can be sure that Stormwind's forces would be all over that to stop Gallywix.

Also the idea of "thin humans" all banding together and joining a certain faction is a little silly. A differing weight class from the norm doesn't constitute an entire race. It'd be better to classify them by their nationality in Westfall rather than their unique model. This is the same with "fat" humans and "normal" humans. These different body shapes are likely to be mixed into every faction of humans rather than being segregated.

TL;DR The denizens of Westfall that are willing to go rogue are more likely to join the Defias rather than Bilgewater Goblins. I can see The Brotherhood becoming a neutral faction tempting the humans of Westfall with profit from shadier methods. Soon they become more and more popular among homeless citizens after the robin hood stance Defias has taken during Cataclysm. There is enough motive to leave the Alliance, but not enough to join Horde, (let alone become playable for them).
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-02-16 at 07:07 PM.

More likely a scenario of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    We dont need humans in the Horde....
    Boring races belong in the Alliance.
    Sweet, Alliance is getting orcs!
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    End of expansion we will be fighting in/for Stormwind, Westfall will be a staging ground for that.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    ^This seems more likely than human joining the horde.
    Although I'd lol if he showed up and everyone was dead for several years by that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Introducing fat and thin humans as an Allied Race is asinine in nature and scope. Both of those options should be BASELINE, customization options for humans.
    YES, we need a boob slider!

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting find. There would not seem to be an initial reason for Westfall to be revamped or part of the textures as far as we know to this point, so why would this be?

While warfronts are an interesting idea here (and make sense with siege tower assets), I tend to believe that not to be the case if for no other reason than the 8hu_westfall category these assets were found in. Given that there is an 8or_warfronts folder as well, it seems likely to me that we would either see 8hu_warfronts or these assets in the warfronts folder were they meant to be warfronts themselves. Plus, why would we be starting with this Warfront and not the Stromgarde one already advertised?

I too see this perhaps as a way for the "Thin Human" allied race to join the Horde. I had initially thought that they might be sort of the underbelly of Kul'Tiras, the forgotten thieves in the city which the Horde would leverage to gain a secretive foothold on Kul'Tiras. But Westfall makes just as much sense, particularly when you look at the "Before the Storm" text with Sylvanas pondering invading Stormwind. Westfall is perhaps the best staging location for such an attack. Close to the city, right by the water to bring in extra troops and supplies, seemingly not super well defended by the Alliance. Combine that with the hatred that most of the Defias and other bandits have for the Wrynn dynasty and how they were never paid, it would not take much convincing at all to work alongside the Horde to overthrow Sentinel Hill and assault Stormwind. As these people are the ones who built Stormwind as well, they would know all the secret entrances and hidden areas for the Horde to get in.

I would be for a max level revamp of all the zones. So that any and all zones could be used at max level for World Quests, Azerite gathering. Invasions, whatever. So they aren't just forgotten zones you never need to go back to unless you are farming mats for the AH, transmogs, pets, or simply gold farming for whatever reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Although I'd lol if he showed up and everyone was dead for several years by that point.
    Anduin: Ok now let's deal with Westfall...
    Soldier: They are dead sir...
    Anduin: Dead?! How?
    Soldier: Let me see....starvation, bandits, glitched farm machinery, a hellish chasm flinging building sized pieces of earth everywhere, legion demons and chickens.
    Anduin: Chickens?
    Soldier: They grew bold....very very bold....Gyran's still alive at least.
    Anduin:....Well Duskwood-
    Soldier: *sighs*.....your grace.....no
    Anduin: Redridge?
    Soldier: Keeshan blew have half of it to Oblivion....on the bright side we don't have a orc problem anymore.
    Anduin: I'm in deep shit am I?
    Soldier: Yup.

A single rock texture in the alpha is labeled "Westfall"

"Thin humans as an allied race for the Horde confirmed, revamp incoming, N'Zoth has been hanging out in Deadmines this whole time and we just never noticed!"
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    We dont need humans in the Horde....
    Boring races belong in the Alliance.
    We will trade you Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei for Draenor Orcs and Highmountain Tauren. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Introducing fat and thin humans as an Allied Race is asinine in nature and scope. Both of those options should be BASELINE, customization options for humans.
    Just like how draenor orcs are brown and brown should have been a baseline option for orcs? Just like how lightforged Draenei are white and gold and should have been a baseline customization option for Draenei? Face it; new races are what you’re going to get instead.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd love some of the major cataclysm elemental effects on zones to be phased out/replaced over time.

Seeing how they made a ton of new models in BfA for old world, many npcs will get updated once again.

I just hope they also will follow through with updating Trees models and overall mountain textures.

New harvest golems look great, hopefully they'll become a hunter pet under the mechanical family.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I can see the Thin Humans being Westfall...ians? And the fat ones being Kul'Tiran. But one would have to think they would be introducing ~2 new Orc races to counter balance. Mag'har and .... Dragonmaw? Maybe Shattered Hand?
    or just two, who cares if there is a slight imbalance, have them both be "one allied race" but have the choice of one or the other, both unlocked at once, and getting one or the other to max would unlock the heritage armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

we dont want thin humans, we want thicc humans.