Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I think Saurfang is just going to come over and be an Alliance hero instead He clearly knows where all the lore action is happening and wants to be part of the story.
    And that's not going to happen, unless they butcher his character completely, I can't see him betraying Thrall, Baine and the memories of Cairne and Vol'jin simply because Sylvanas was mean to him.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Half the Draenor Orcs are already allied with the Horde lorewise. Frostwolves and Warsong = Horde.
    Not true, if you go by AU orcs allied, it's frostwolves and the laughing skull. If you go by MU it's pretty much all the old orc clans.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Was about to say... is this remotely happening or confirmed?
    Nope. We know Draenor Orcs will happen at some point, but literally nothing says that they will be Alliance beyond Saurfang wanting to speak with Anduin (and he has close to no connection with Draenor Orcs beyond being an Orc himself) yet some players extrapolated from there.

To me it mostly seems to be Alliance players who want their turn to gloat about a popular faction race being available to the opposing faction after the Nightborne thingy, and/or people angry about not getting High Elves and demanding this as a weird sort of justice.

If somehow Blizzard really does this, they may as well dissolve the factions altogether if they're going to just use Allied Races as an excuse to give reskins of every race to the other faction. But I strongly doubt it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Nope. We know Draenor Orcs will happen at some point, but literally nothing says that they will be Alliance beyond Saurfang wanting to speak with Anduin (and he has close to no connection with Draenor Orcs beyond being an Orc himself) yet some players extrapolated from there.

To me it mostly seems to be Alliance players who want their turn to gloat about a popular faction race being available to the opposing faction after the Nightborne thingy, and/or people angry about not getting High Elves and demanding this as a weird sort of justice.

If somehow Blizzard really does this, they may as well dissolve the factions altogether if they're going to just use Allied Races as an excuse to give reskins of every race to the other faction. But I strongly doubt it'll happen.
    Sheesh. People need to chill and stop extrapolating into crazy town.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Half the Draenor Orcs are already allied with the Horde lorewise. Frostwolves and Warsong = Horde.
    Don't forget Laughing Skull.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Of course its a bad idea.

Why do you think we want it to happen?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

I hope that blizzard will add something in the next alpha build that will clarify everything so people will stop all these speculations. Maybe blizzard is just having fun and next alpha build they will add something again that will only increase speculations whether it is about Orcs from Outland or AU Draenor as allied race/Orcs in Horde or Alliance. ^^
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2018-02-16 at 08:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that it would be utterly, absolutely ridiculous for Mag'har to join the Alliance.
    "Argh! We hate Orcs! Except these brown, time-traveling orcs, THEY'RE OKAY FOR SOME REASON!"
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    Put it simply it would not only ruin the Alliance Faction Identity but it would also mess with Horde Players who have been wanting to play brown orcs for years and years on end will start feel cheated and soon enough will probably quit the game altogether if Draenor Orcs/Mag'har joined the Alliance.
    This notion didn't stop High Elves/Blood Elves from being implemented on the Horde, despite the narrative being contrived solely (and this has officially been stated) to improve the overall population of the Horde -- likewise, players have been asking to be able to play as a group/sub-faction of NE's that hadn't abandoned their ancient methodologies (i.e. utilizing the arcane, casually) and yet this didn't stop Blizzard from simply opening up the related class option (Mage) to Night Elves while electing to implement the relevant faction as a group on the Horde.

Not that I agree with the Orcs going Alliance, at all, but the specific argument that "man, this is something Horde players have wanted for longer than Alliance players" doesn't jive well when the reverse argument could be levied against virtually every Horde race added since TBC.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLDOOG View Post
    Saurfang goes to Anduin after getting freed from his prison just to say "you guys want sum orks?"
    See... now I'm picturing him wearing a trench coat and opening it to reveal a bunch of different types of orcs hanging inside of it like some bootleg watch seller from the 80s...
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLDOOG View Post
    Saurfang goes to Anduin after getting freed from his prison just to say "you guys want sum orks?"
    Anduin looks around nervously and says.....yes....HELL YEAH.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    I agree that it would be utterly, absolutely ridiculous for Mag'har to join the Alliance.
    "Argh! We hate Orcs! Except these brown, time-traveling orcs, THEY'RE OKAY FOR SOME REASON!"
    They ain't green?

Saurfang is totally going to betray all the horde and all his orc brethren.... The guy that's all about honor... Yeah totally. /s

Of course it's a bad idea, it's a bad thought as well. It's plain stupid.

Why do I think putting Draenor Orcs on the Alliance is a bad idea or perhaps one of blizzard's biggest mistakes in wow. Put it simply it would not only ruin the Alliance Faction Identity but it would also mess with Horde Players who have been wanting to play brown orcs for years and years on end will start feel cheated and soon enough will probably quit the game altogether if Draenor Orcs/Mag'har joined the Alliance. Whole Allied Race Feature is suppose to be about having to play different kinds of subraces and allied races that makes sense for lore reasons. Having Orcs on the Alliance is like saying Horde is totally ok with having Humans to be on the horde side or dwarves like the wildhammers.

Only reason why some players within the community feels this way is because of wanting revenge on the horde because of nightborne joining the horde. To those people they need to deal with it. Reason why the nightborne joined the horde is because they have same magic addiction problem just like the blood elves and when Night Elves lead by Tyrande who only comes to slain demons of the legion and not help the rest of her suramar people kind of shows why they joined the horde. Nightborne doesn't want to join the alliance because Tyrande refuses to help them in their time of need and would leave them to die. You got Void Elves which is kind of High Elves but Blood Elves who has Void magic and even through I some what dislike the void elves atleast they too have reasons as to why they join the alliance.

Really hope Blizzard doesn't make a lore mistake or ruining faction identities on both the alliance and the horde. Mag'har Orcs fits more of the Horde Side than the Alliance. Kul'tiras Humans, Wildhammer Dwarves, and Broken Draenei fit more with the alliance side than horde. Keep these subraces as correct faction identity. Because if Draenor Orcs were on the alliance it would pretty much ruin what makes Warcraft the way it is.

Keep Orcs on the Horde and Keep Humans on the Alliance. That is what Warcraft is and always will be.
    Don't worry mate, this gonna never happen. Will break the community, has little sense, will break saurfang character and would be bad for everyone. The one possible thing is they go MOP-Again and make saurfang conspire to bring sylvanas down, with some coordination with anduin like "we do this, you do not interfere". Mag'har could be some potential boost in saurfang's influence inside the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    See... now I'm picturing him wearing a trench coat and opening it to reveal a bunch of different types of orcs hanging inside of it like some bootleg watch seller from the 80s...
    Anduin:I want the Brown ones.
    Tyrande:Give me the shadowmoons.
    Jaina: Do you have any dead one?Or at the brink of death?
    Genn:Anything that isn't undead is fine for me.
    Mekkatorque:Blackrock!
    Moira:Oh no ay get the Blackrocks!
    Alleria:What a waste of...
    Turalyon:These Shattered Hands are sick.
    Velen:Can i get the Draenor Draeneis?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Anduin:I want the Brown ones.
    Tyrande:Give me the shadowmoons.
    Jaina: Do you have any dead one?Or at the brink of death?
    Genn:Anything that isn't undead is fine for me.
    Mekkatorque:Blackrock!
    Moira:Oh no ay get the Blackrocks!
    Alleria:What a waste of...
    Turalyon:These Shattered Hands are sick.
    Velen:Can i get the Draenor Draeneis?
    .... you win all of the everything.

But who gets Laughing Skull?
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Alleria sighed and picked the last one.

Alleria:What a cute mask.
    Smoll Ork in a High pitched voice:Trom'kar.
    Mage Tower Final Result:

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... WHAT?!

What did i missed?! Orcs never will join alliance, or Firelands will frozen!

I find it surprising that Blizzard started the Alliance vs Horde feud again after coming together against the Legion. It was a good moment to merge the sides together honestly and let us just be Azeroth vs the universe. Maybe this is just a step toward that inevitable unification of the factions. Seems unlikely that Orcs would go to the Alliance exclusively, but hey we just saw a BELFS faction swap sides so maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    How did you even got to a conclusion they are even a possibility to be alliance?
    Taliesin's tinfoil-hat theory video, basically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvcdQqt_-bI&t=673s

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

Laughing skull gets got by no one.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I hope that blizzard will add something in the next alpha build that will clarify everything so people will stop all these speculations. Maybe blizzard is just having fun and next alpha build they will add something again that will only increase speculations whether it is about Orcs from Outland or AU Draenor as allied race/Orcs in Horde or Alliance. ^^
    This would be pretty fantastic. Next build people start seeing new spoken lines from Garrosh in the files tied to a quest chain titled "Warchiefs return".

2 weeks later they find another quest chain called "Lionsgrave" with quest text from some placeholder name (Maybe literally Captain Placeholder!?) talking to the player.

Nothing to do with anything actually being done; but just there for the lulz so they can /popcorn on fan forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post

Taliesin's tinfoil-hat theory video, basically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvcdQqt_-bI&t=673s
    Actually people been speculating for a while,

Taliesin only talked about it.
    Mage Tower Final Result: