Poll: Are you excited for Azerite gear?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So basically set bonus and combo wouldn't be tied to raid tier and would be dependent on how much azerite points AP is on that gear if you choose to unlock the inner most ring. I hope the Item level and stat get also boosted as you gain more AP. With this in mind, HoA is superior to existing raid tier set and artifact weapon/legendaries.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbleton View Post
    Tier pieces provided 3 passives, and only usually a few "dramatically" effected your spec. They also almost never changed your playstyle, just your power level, which for me is boring. Azerite gear has 12, four times as many.

- - - Updated - - -

That very well could be the case, but in that scenario you will still have more choice than artifacts and a new set every tier.

And yea, by "incentive to run raids" I mean running stuff past LFR/Normal. Plus, you won't get every piece on your first run.
    have u ever played WoW and atleast got Lfr tier set? i mean wtf dude tier sets don't almost never change your playstyle? kk u must be one of these 1h/day casual with no idea

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont like it.
    but i cant say until i have played it.

i like the less RNg, i like the no-titanforging.

but the whole thing about talents on items, and different ones on each one... its freakin leggos all over again. no thanks.

there will still be must-have items or your class wont function efficiently.

If Azerite gear comes out and the ring options amount to 3% crit I will eat my Orb of The Sin'dorei. Quote me on that.

So now that we have the first tier of azerite gear options with things like
    "

can we expect you to to eat your orb anytime soon?

BTW i really want you to be right about these things, but based on how they did artifact weapons my expectations are low.

Oh look azerite is just random stat bonuses oh what a surprise not

Did people honestly believe it would be mechanic changing like weapons? If it was then they wouldn't have fucking removed the weapons in the first place and just built upon them.

And now we are left with classes a shell of their former self cause blizzard can't get their heads out of their assess
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The worst part is that those bonuses are not even different for each class. You have 3 sets, one for DPS, one for Healers, one for Tanks, and deal with it. At least Legion Artifact +xx% damage passives were affecting a few spells.

Yeah.. the first batch is certainly underwhelming. DK seems to have 2 or 3 class specific ones, but even these suck. As most people predicted the erosion of class features and abilites keeps getting worse now that we will lose the artifact weapons. This will most likely be the most jarring expansion power reset yet in the history of WoW. Where leveling a character to 110 atm is "from zero to hero", once the patch drops it will be the opposite.

Even if latr tiers will be more interesting or they come up with stronger ones in Raids, the transition will still be awfully boring and bland.

I'm not excited about it. Tired of expansion-long gimmicks. They need to stop with this shittery and bake the artifact weapon system and azerite system into a meaningful character progression system that exists alongside Talents and starts at level 1.

a few expacs from now levels 100-120 are going to feel so awkward. "Here, take this and power it up!" "Naw give it back!" "Here, take this and power it up!" "Naw give it back!"

Barring a handful of traits, they just resemble glyphs. Kind of boring bonuses. Artifacts had way more interesting passives and abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Yassy View Post
    Barring a handful of traits, they just resemble glyphs. Kind of boring bonuses. Artifacts had way more interesting passives and abilities.
    Even glyphs were more interesting a lot of the time. So far the azerite traits look like 2set tier bonuses from the first tier of the expansion at best, which I guess is somewhat appropriate, but still boring.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

5+ Year Old Account
    It seems that they're taking legion systems and improving it... less rng (the bane of legendaries), 3 slots that can't titanforge (but are given +5 ilvls ala the fun of netherlight crucible) and 3 tiers of customisation (tier 1 and 2 seem to be passive upgrades ala the crucible once again, but tier 3 looks like a free-for-all-choose-your-legendary-special-ability.)

This seems like good ability progression. My only hope is that if tier 3 offers many choices, we will be able to visit a class trainer or something like that to 'respec' our tier 3 ability spending on fight, if it comes to that. Otherwise ppl will collect multiple shoulder pieces or azerite slot pieces in general for different fights (if those abilities are impactful enough to be game changing. Which, hopefully they are, because it enhances the system even moreso.)

Will have to just wait and see how it plays out..

4. It incentivizes actually completing raids more than once (for Casual-Raiders like me).
    How is this true? You don't need to raid for azerite gear, that's what the whole concept leans on; giving people the freedom to pick their content without losing critical pieces of armour (tiers).

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I'm not excited about it. Tired of expansion-long gimmicks. They need to stop with this shittery and bake the artifact weapon system and azerite system into a meaningful character progression system that exists alongside Talents and starts at level 1.

a few expacs from now levels 100-120 are going to feel so awkward. "Here, take this and power it up!" "Naw give it back!" "Here, take this and power it up!" "Naw give it back!"
    This already started with WoD, sadly.
    "Here, built your awesome bastion of defense against the Iron Horde!" Ding at 100 "Lol, what bastion, here is a dope weaopn though."

I don't understand this expansion specific feature either. Character progression from 1 - Max level already feels really lackluster due to one talent choice every 15 level. That's it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

Did people honestly believe it would be mechanic changing like weapons? If it was then they wouldn't have fucking removed the weapons in the first place and just built upon them.

And now we are left with classes a shell of their former self cause blizzard can't get their heads out of their assess
    Why are you talking about stuff you dont know?

What we are seeing here are the tier 1 passives. That much should be obvious to everyone.
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2018-03-07 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Why are you talking about stuff you dont know?

What we are seeing here are the tier 1 passives. That much should be obvious to everyone.
    Because the Artifact Weapons passives were already more interesting than what we see here. Mainly because they were focused on a few spells or required something to activate.

Those passives are "when you do whatever, you can eventually get a healing proc". And they're the same for all classes (probably split between DPS/Tank/Heal groups). Woohoo.

So the Tier 2 and Tier 3 stuff will be as boring. Generic boring bonuses valid for everyone. And seeing the laziness of their recent designs, Tier 3 "talents" will probably be the Legion Crucible Tier 2 like Torment of the Weak and Shadowbind.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    This already started with WoD, sadly.
    "Here, built your awesome bastion of defense against the Iron Horde!" Ding at 100 "Lol, what bastion, here is a dope weaopn though."

I don't understand this expansion specific feature either. Character progression from 1 - Max level already feels really lackluster due to one talent choice every 15 level. That's it.
    Stretching the artifact system progression design to accommodate the entire leveling process would be great. Save the new unique buttons for talents every 15 levels, but stuff the leveling process with all the +5% damage buffs they can think of.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yassy View Post
    Yes basically Glyphs with a twist. And perhaps a renovation to their canceled Path of Titans feature?

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Yes basically Glyphs with a twist. And perhaps a renovation to their canceled Path of Titans feature?
    rather have them waste time on the dance studio that's still apparently coming than azerite garbage
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I miss my waterwalking Dreadstead glyph.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    So now that we have the first tier of azerite gear options with things like
    "

can we expect you to to eat your orb anytime soon?

BTW i really want you to be right about these things, but based on how they did artifact weapons my expectations are low.
    I'll be honest I might be frying up that orb with some butter and oil soon.

The only thing I think might save us is if the rings get more substantial as they progress inwards. So for example the first ring might be this garbage, but the middle one could be more akin to the gilded traits on the artifact tree. Still terrible and static, but better then nothing.

If anything, it's a better and more customizable version of artifacts that change every raid tier. And if thats all we get I will at least be somewhat satiated.