Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    How is that a biased argument?

If someone originally thinks, "I like guns." Then realizes, "Oh shit, guns kill people." Then decide, "Maybe my original position was flawed."

That's intellectual honesty.
    I like guns isn't an argument, it's an opinion. Oh shit, guns kill people isn't an argument, it's flawed logic or more accurately not a whole truth.

Well if someone is pro-gun and their brother is murdered for no reason by someone with a gun and that changes their attitude, it's understandable, they got new information that changed their opinion, it happens all the time with some of us.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    Well that depends on your original argument and how come it suddenly changed only because it suddenly affects you personally.
    Isn't this is why family members can't testify in court?

If I was against welfare, but suddenly change my mind because I became dependent on the goverment, isn't that irrational and biased?
    People who use this argumentation usually don't present their original or current argument just the fact they have changed their mind.
    Or maybe just maybe you were stupidly biased before and your exposure to new realities made you feel that hey maybe my original position was wrong.

You have almost literally no idea what bias is apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I like guns isn't an argument, it's an opinion. Oh shit, guns kill people isn't an argument, it's flawed logic or more accurately not a whole truth.
    He didn't say it was an argument please learn to read.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Or maybe just maybe you were stupidly biased before and your exposure to new realities made you feel that hey maybe my original position was wrong.

You have almost literally no idea what bias is apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't say it was an argument please learn to read.
    The whole thread is about arguments. He's making the insinuation that changing your opinion would change your argument.

Learn to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    Hello,

Why do people think that if people suddenly support something because of bias makes their original argument invalid?

For example people who change their opinion on Guns, because some one in their family gets killed and they make some emotional argument and change their mind.

Why people are using this to support their argument, when it's clearly emotional and irrational?

Thank you
    Because humans are crazy, untrustworthy, and emotional.