Poll: Are you ready for Warcraft 4

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Would unfortunately be a waste, rts as a genre is currently deader than dead

Isch, RTS... no thx!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am ready for a WC Trilogy (Remake, HD, retelling, ect) AND WC4. I want both.

Deleted
    since the rts genre seems to be dead. and mobilegaming is the future (oh god.. why) i predict the following:

there will be an announcement of something called a "game" which basicly is a boiled down WARCRAFT RTS for mobile.

the twist is that it has some kind of interconnection to world of warcraft and probably the warfronts etc. right now BfA is just a big marketing filler expansion.. right now BfA reads like Legion 2.0.

so a warcraft mobilegame seems pretty reasonable (just think of so great games like clash of clans... yeah i know "AMAZING" yet somehow these games make tons of money)

Yeah its really not likely to be WC4, at all. It's either WC3 remaster, some mobile type game or mixed game having to do with WC and BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    Yeah but what are they going to do? Make a whole new game just to recreate the events that couldn't be shown in a mmo? Because we all know they aren't going to give up on WoW any time soon
    what they doing right now, like how KJ is one and same across all universes (in AU and MU) while his boss Sargeras because he is titan there is version in MU and another in AU, and so many fucked up lore because FUCK U, lore bend and spread its legs for gameplay, that simple
    let's not forget that if wow story stay canon, we now have at least dozens of 'heroes' who literally beated a titan already, how exactly can u fit them in lore anymore without making it cartoonish childish stupid no idea
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Not happening. SC is the RTS brand of Blizzard - however desolate it may be. It wouldn't make sense to launch another brand to compete with your own.

EDIT: Current.
    fantasy vs sci fi
    different markets / target audiences
    Always been more a fan of warcraft than star craft, and if only half wows current playerbase bought a copy they would make bank.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    RTS is dead, Starcraft is their RTS brand and there can't be another warcraft story vehicle but WoW.

Maybe a WC3 remaster, but believing in WC4 is completely delusional.
    Almost definitely a WC3 remaster. The WC3 subreddit is going nuts about WC3 pros being invited to some event by Blizzard. They could definitely do a WC4 though. Nobody ever said it had to be set in the same time, or even the same universe (Opened that can of worms with WoD) as modern day WoW. Or it could retell events from classic WoW. Who gives a fuck about the story? The multiplayer is going to be where it's at

Can someone explain to me the thought pattern of these people who would prefer a wc3 remaster over a new wc4?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Almost definitely a WC3 remaster. The WC3 subreddit is going nuts about WC3 pros being invited to some event by Blizzard. They could definitely do a WC4 though. Nobody ever said it had to be set in the same time, or even the same universe (Opened that can of worms with WoD) as modern day WoW. Or it could retell events from classic WoW. Who gives a fuck about the story? The multiplayer is going to be where it's at
    This, WC3 patch of some type is already coming.

Multiplayer is even getting a balance patch with 1.29 or whatever it's called (currently 1.28.6 PTR).

And improved connectivity/bnet client integration would help the game a lot by itself

Having a new remastered graphic engine is the cherry on top.

Only thing stopping me is what story will we be telling. WoW took off from wC3 pretty much and if they jump forward there will be a limit to WoW’s story and I think it will cause issues. They sort of painted themselves into a corner with WC3 and WoW
    I wouldn’t be 100% opposed to a WC4 using some of the WoW story. Maybe bring in the Titan keepers etc and old gods.

Edit: regarding the announcement though I see it as the StarCraft remaster that was done recently but for WC. A full WC 1 and 2 and 3 remaster would be good but I only played 3 so I wouldn’t complain either way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAte View Post
    Can someone explain to me the thought pattern of these people who would prefer a wc3 remaster over a new wc4?
    It's not about that, but more about realism.

WC4 would be a blizzcon event.

They have recruited for a mobile game, they have invited WC3 streamers (wasnt even aware this was a thing still....)...

It all points to one of two things for the event, either a WC3 remaster or a Mobile game reveal that is based on the Warcraft RTS games :P

There is no point getting excited for something that isnt happening.

My idea for a warcraft 4 is to have many races but each race only gets ~ 4 units and needs to suppliment their army with other races to create a full faction with a cap on 3 races per army.

Example would be:
    Gnomes - get t1 mechagnome cheap mechanical light infantry, upgrade makes them explode on death, t3 steam tank, medium ranged high damage high durability, t2 engineer defensive support(advanced builder unit (repair/build buildings), build cheap light infantry, buff mechanical units) and gyrocopters
    Human - get t1 foot soldiers light infantry, t3 knights, t2 priests as defensive support and mages as offensive support
    Dwarf - get t1 riflemen, t2 heavy melee dwarven warriors, t2 mortar teams siege unit, t3 griphon riders

Orc - gets t1 grunts as heavy infantry, t2 raiders as cavalry, t2 shaman as offensive support, t3 wind riders as flying units
    Troll - t1 berserkers as ranged units, t2 raptor riders as cavalry, t2 witch doctors as defensive support, t3 bat riders as flying units
    Goblin - t1 goblin shooters ranged infantry, t2 goblin alchemists defensive support, t2 goblin bomber squad siege unit, t3 shredder heavy melee

you can pick trolls as your starting race to get early headhunters, then build an orc embassy/barracks and recruit orc units for the heavy melee, then later you could perhaps pick a goblin embassy/workshop and build goblin units for their siege units, but after that you cannot pick any more race units to build.
    or perhaps you could do a forsaken/goblin/high elf army, or a worgen/night elf and forgo a third race, or a tauren/blood elf army, or just go pure gnome only and mass engineers and steam tanks for lulz, or perhaps just pick 3 races for their cavalry and do mass cavalry and roam the map harassing stuff

This is the only way that each race could be represented faithfully, it would allow each race to ooze their identity and bring something truly unique to the faction, allow interesting army race combos, unique armies and a ton of fun. Would also avoid the issue of having some races not represented and avoid 'clown' armies with different race for every unit for the sake of diversity. There needs to be common elements for each race to feel cohesive and each race needs to be represented.
    Mercenary camps could be expanded to simply include access to a single entire races catalogue of units, for instance a night elf merc camp would give access to archers, huntresses and druids of the claw.

This would allow further expansions to add in new races that dont require a full faction army, in TFT they planned on adding in demons and naga as playable factions, but couldnt create enough units to flesh out each race, with this system, they could use other races as auxillary, for instance burning legion could have a unique demon race with 4 units, eredar with 4, then suppliment the rest with orcs, highborne or other legion affiliates, overlapping with the alliance and horde factions, and the old gods could have a faceless race, aquir race and suppliment itself with twilights hammer orcs and some alliance castaways.

The story could follow on from the end of warcraft 3 till the start of battle for azeroth, focusing on the stories and actions of the faction leaders instead of the adventurers. Warcraft 3 did a much better job at fleshing out the main characters of the franchise than wow has ever done, and many say that wow butchered the war3 characters, this would be a good opportunity to fix those issues and seed some stories for the future.
    For instance i would really like to go through the burning crusade from the faction leaders perspectives instead of just seeing them phase in as ghosts then disappear, you could have an intro cenario of building thrallmar, fighting back the legion then expanding and building all of the other camps in each area before the adventurers appear. Would be great to see what occupied thrall and voljin while the adventurer was doing quests

The hero system could potentially face a complete revamp and just include every class in wow as a playable hero and even allow players to port in their wow heroes for multiplayer, taking only the most iconic abilities for each hero.

I voted yes even though I couldn't care less about a WC4 RTS, as the RTS genre is all-but-dead right now.

Heroes of the Storm is a spiritual successor WC4. All it needs is a proper PVE mode to solidify it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    My idea for a warcraft 4 is to have many races but each race only gets ~ 4 units and needs to suppliment their army with other races to create a full faction with a cap on 3 races per army.
    At some point, Warcraft 3 had 12 playable races(one mentioned were worgens for example). Later they reduced it to 6, then to 5 (what we have now + Burning Legion) and finally they removed BL as playable race. I wouldn't be surprised if this concept would be revisited in either mobile version of Warcraft or in Warcraft 4.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    At some point, Warcraft 3 had 12 playable races(one mentioned were worgens for example). Later they reduced it to 6, then to 5 (what we have now + Burning Legion) and finally they removed BL as playable race. I wouldn't be surprised if this concept would be revisited in either mobile version of Warcraft or in Warcraft 4.
    My concept was for a modular factions where you pick up to 3 out of 6 races, each with 4 unique units. This way they can have a troll race without needing 13 units.
    Blizz then would realistically only need 4 combat units, 1 worker, 1 hero and 1 building for each race, in warcraft 3 you could already almost do this (ive tried but i need some extra gnome units, used goblins isntead)

Taverns would be reworked to offer random heroes of generic wow classes, like a priest, paladin, warrior, etc, perhaps allow players to port in their wow characters to determine race/class. Each army would have access to up to 3 race themed heroes and access to 10 or so generic class heroes with a cap of 3.
    Mercenary camps would instead allow access to another races catalogue. would help immensely in maps that favor one particular race by making that race available in the merc camps (like, say, a map that favors flying units)

I split the scourge into undead scourge, cult of the damned and nerubian which pretty much gives them their full set, could expand it with vrykul, a burning legion race (whichever one has dreadlords as their hero) and perhaps the forsaken

Burning legion gets eredar (mostly warlocks), fel orcs (demon blood pumped warriors), gan'arg/mor'arg (fel reavers, siege machines etc) and a pure demon based faction, could add in a dreadlord faction consisting mostly on weakish undead that the dreadlord commander controls (shared with scourge).

Then there is the illidari who will mainly be a mish mash faction, my idea for illidans 'race' was to just have a module dedicated to his demon hunter army with 2 units representing vengeance and havoc, with maybe a demon or 2 for support. illidari faction also includes naga (shared with old gods), blood elves(shared with horde) and fel orcs (shared with burning legion) and perhaps satyr or night elves

Old gods would get naga, satyr, faceless and aquir and maybe 2 more from the other races.

By being able to share some races between some factions, blizz wouldnt need to worry so much about needing to come up with fully fledged factions and instead focus on modules.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Where was this information from? I thought Worgen were purely a creation of WoW, they weren't even that big of a presence in Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

The event is a tournament. No wc4. Hype train crashed. Bye
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Where was this information from? I thought Worgen were purely a creation of WoW, they weren't even that big of a presence in Vanilla.
    Super old magazine I still have somewhere. When first screenshots of Warcraft 3 were released with first info. I can't confirm it via internet search sadly, but in the magazine, some races were mentioned you could play were human, orcs, dwarfs, elves, trolls, "minotaurs like creatures", werewolves.. So I assume werewolves were worgens?

I wouldn't be surprised if these would be just some dev talk to some random reporter. The next info we had was "now" they have 6 playable races.

If it ends up anything like Starcraft 2 did at launch, no. It took them years to fix the glaring UI problems and to get the game to a state that's enjoyable to play for extended periods of time and by then it was far too late.

They even managed to make the map editor suck.