Uncut Gems: or, Adam Sandler's Attempt at a Comeback

Supposedly early reviews of this have been very positive:

And I think I might actually be on board for this. It's about time Adam Sandler stopped churning out lazy comedy schlock that he snoozes his way through and actually put some effort into something different. It's always interesting to see a lifelong comedian break type and do a serious role.

10+ Year Old Account
    That... Actually looks pretty good. I mean, Adam has never been a BAD actor, he's only ever been a LAZY actor. Good to see him actually try for once. I think this has potential.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    That... Actually looks pretty good. I mean, Adam has never been a BAD actor, he's only ever been a LAZY actor. Good to see him actually try for once. I think this has potential.
    I think that's really the main problem with all his recent work. Nothing he's done in like the last 15 or so years feel like he's put any real effort into it. They all felt like he was just doing them for the paycheck and couldn't care less about putting in more than the bare minimum.

When he actually tries, he can act and he can be funny.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sandler is a good actor when he wants to be. His problem is he's just really lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Sandler is a good actor when he wants to be. His problem is he's just really lazy.
    It's not really his problem though, all his lazy comedy stuff still makes $$$. Which is why he's lazy, because it simply doesn't matter. It's mainly a problem for people that want to see him making good movies again that keep getting let down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post

And I think I might actually be on board for this. It's about time Adam Sandler stopped churning out lazy comedy schlock that he snoozes his way through and actually put some effort into something different. It's always interesting to see a lifelong comedian break type and do a serious role.
    Looks like a very interesting film IMO.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    It's not really his problem though, all his lazy comedy stuff still makes $$$. Which is why he's lazy, because it simply doesn't matter. It's mainly a problem for people that want to see him making good movies again that keep getting let down.
    That is sadly true.

You must not know much about Adam Sandler if you think he's a lifelong comedian and just now breaking that type to do a serious role.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that's really the main problem with all his recent work. Nothing he's done in like the last 15 or so years feel like he's put any real effort into it. They all felt like he was just doing them for the paycheck and couldn't care less about putting in more than the bare minimum.

When he actually tries, he can act and he can be funny.
    He's admitted to being lazy because his movies still make money and it lets him just go on vacations with friends and family while filming.

Looks good. But seeing Sandler look so old makes me depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Twice. Punch Drunk Love is a classic. Anyway, been looking forward to this for awhile cause I follow A24 a bit, this has been getting a lot of hype.