Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or it could be this skeleton was one which was uncommon for that area. May not be a real representation of the humans as a whole who populated that region. Or he may have migrated up from the far south. But overall, I do not have any issues with it ether way.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    (Source)

I already knew to a degree that the first anatomically modern humans in Western Eurasia (Europe/Middle East) had darker skin up until a few thousand years ago. I think it's interesting to look back and see how our ancestors physically differed from us while still being modern humans.

@Connal @Theodarzna
    That is not terribly suprising as paler skin tones would have taken a lot longer to develop and I've even read some research that it the first farmers were the ones to actually begin lightening out. The dietary aspect to skin color might suggest that all humans will get paler over time as we mostly eat wheat and other similar products.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    The swedes who claim they evolved their blue eyes? Or is it just anyone that says this is fake news.
    Some scant bits of evidence might suggest blue eyes had already proliferated early on in Europe, but there was also a great influx of blue and green eyed traits as well as blond hair traits with the arrival of the Indo-Europeans, though the Finnic Speakers may have already also had blonde hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    I find it more interesting how some get angry about their ancestors before they even were called homo sapiens.
    Neanderthals began going extinct about 40k years ago. The rains of Cheddar man is homo sapien

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Neanderthals began going extinct about 40k years ago. The rains of Cheddar man is homo sapien
    I spoke of when you were shit on the ocean... but ok

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to read a lot of Robert E. Howard, so it is interesting to see the modern, scientific examination of one of his themes.

At 13, Howard, being of Scottish-Irish descent, began his studies of Scottish history and became fascinated with what he calls "the small dark Mediterranean aborigines of Britain."[1] As these Picts were portrayed as inferior to later tribes, Howard imagined them as a link between modern and ancient times
    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bran_Mak_Morn
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

You ever wonder if the first white guy to have existed ever spent time thinking about just how much bullshit would result in the coming years from that little mutation. I guess he was probably more concerned with not being able to wipe his ass and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    That is not terribly suprising as paler skin tones would have taken a lot longer to develop and I've even read some research that it the first farmers were the ones to actually begin lightening out. The dietary aspect to skin color might suggest that all humans will get paler over time as we mostly eat wheat and other similar products.

- - - Updated - - -

Some scant bits of evidence might suggest blue eyes had already proliferated early on in Europe, but there was also a great influx of blue and green eyed traits as well as blond hair traits with the arrival of the Indo-Europeans, though the Finnic Speakers may have already also had blonde hair.
    Human migration is fascinating. Didn't Uralic people originally migrate West from Northern China? That's at least what I read a while back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I’m not sure why this is surprising or why it may cause drama... why does the amount of melanin in the skin matter to so many people? I don’t get it.
    Some people in Europe seem to despise the notion that they, the enlightened paragons of virtue, knowledge, wisdom, and civilization, may not have been the actual progenitors of humanity as we know it.

See: people claiming that egyptians were really white, or that the middle east counts (or rather, counted) as white back when Mesopotamia was the cradle of civilization. Or all those people that jumped to claim that humans, proper, probably actually arose in Europe when those fossils were found in Europe a year or so ago, despite scientists not actually asserting that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    >sensible
    >racist

Choose one
    You're taking what he said out of context. He said "most racists are sensible" and though it might seem attractive to label all racism as insensible (because, at its root, it is all lacking sense), it's also worth it to not ignore the fact that there are some racists that operate on very high levels of tact and logic. Philosophical and sophisticated racists are the most dangerous types of racists, because they spin the illogical nature of racism in a way that seems very logical to some people- and ultimately converts them to racist ways of thinking.

Don't just write off all racists as completely lacking all sense. You underestimate them when you do, and that's very dangerous.

The ancient Britain's was conquered and absolved into the Roman Empire then the Roman Empire crumbled and left and the ancient Britain's did something incredibly stupid and invited the Anglo-Saxons from Northern Germany to come and help them fight off the Viking incursions and while they did that and enjoyed the tribute they thought why not take over? and they did!.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Or it could be this skeleton was one which was uncommon for that area. May not be a real representation of the humans as a whole who populated that region. Or he may have migrated up from the far south. But overall, I do not have any issues with it ether way.
    Came here to say this, too. It's unknown if the remains are from a genetic lineage that was living in that part of the world, or if it this person was living there as some kind of unknown early migration. It's more likely that former, but the latter is also a pretty exciting aspect to consider, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I “get it” academically; I just don’t “get it”. Why “race” is such a big issue. Genetic concentrations becoming some weird fetish (the classical version of the word) seems borderline insane.
    Because people like to legitimize themselves for things they had no part in to make up for the fact that they, themselves, have very little going on.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Wonder how many generations it takes for changes like this to happen. Would all black people in northern countries turn white and all white people in Africa turn black in a few thousand years even if they only bred with others of the same color?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find this entire Story kind of pointless to be honest. I learnt when I was like 7 years old that Africa was considered the cradle of Human Beings as a species. Why would people be surprised that at one point People that lived on an Island that was likely easy to cross over to during the Ice Age had a Dark Skin tone.

it's like well no shit, they would've been Darker and changed over time as they lived in a more northern region of the Hemisphere. Seems like race-baiting We wuz kangz and shiet stuff tbh.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2018-02-19 at 08:56 AM.

that's not really a surprise.

i wonder if they looked like the people from the atlantis movie. that'd be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Neanderthals are not ancestors of modern humans. Homo sapiens and neanderthals we're like cousins, they had a common ancestor, and for a while, they lived in parallel. Modern humans did not evolve from neanderthals.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Wonder how many generations it takes for changes like this to happen. Would all black people in northern countries turn white and all white people in Africa turn black in a few thousand years even if they only bred with others of the same color?
    If the population was low enough, then, probably yes. It order for mutations (lower / higher melanin levels) to perpetuate, you need pretty small populations. If you take Galapagos islands, for example, over there there are A LOT more species of animals than in other places. And that's because there are a lot of isolated islands, with very small populations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a way to report someone for flamebaiting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    Is there a way to report someone for flamebaiting?
    OP isn't a flamebait, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I “get it” academically; I just don’t “get it”. Why “race” is such a big issue. Genetic concentrations becoming some weird fetish (the classical version of the word) seems borderline insane.
    The same reason why there's a certain group of people who are hellbent on trying to prove black people have a lower IQ than white people. It's to establish an idiotic sense of superiority using arbitrary factors in an effort to feel better about their own inadequacies and lack of accomplishments .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    And now? What will happen because of these findings?

I mean, I like historical facts but ...based on my experience with these kinds of findings in the last 10-20 years I feel there is an agenda attached to it somewhere.