Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    The rasmussen also had Romney beating Obama as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Since you ask. Here's an example from Nate Silver on them directing the outcome to a predetermine result.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...eports-biased/
    How does that impact a presidential job approval poll? What wrong question is being asked? Provide the proof or move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Provide the proof or move along.
    If that was the case then how come you haven't moved along ages ago?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Great! We are in agreement, and there is no need to even go any further.

Stop it, I'm on the floor with the second bit. If people like you describe actually exist, they have been run out of power long ago. I have seen these parties swing back and forth quite a bit in my long life, and I have never seen one move so far from the center. Bernie moved the party hard to the left, and he would be right wing now among them.
    What the hell are you even talking about?

I am asking you for sources that people support the things Trump is doing.

Can you please, with only a yes or no answer, tell me whether or not you intend to back up your statement with a source?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'd contest that by pointing out that before the Internet, and even TV, each person's worldview was far smaller than it is today. Ignorance is bliss, and before mass communication like we have today, there were many more ignorant people. The difference is, in today's world, you have to be willfully ignorant to not know what is happening in each small part of the world. Where in the past, it was almost excusable since access to such information wasn't available to everyone.
    Well I'm not trying to say that the internet is entirely responsible for humanity's habit of creating reality insulation.

But it has facilitated it. Before the internet, you might have one crackpot in your town who believed the Moon landing was faked. But now all the crackpots get together on crackpot.com and discuss how the Moon landings were fake, and egg each other on to being more and more committed to their crackpot theories.

It's the down side of the way the internet brings together small subcultures and communities across the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Or perhaps people simply support what Trump stands for like immigration, healthcare, taxes and yes climate policies. His muslim ban had an approval rating of 60%.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Or perhaps people simply support what Trump stands for like immigration, healthcare, taxes and yes climate policies. His muslim ban had an approval rating of 60%.
    Sources for these approval claims would be fantastic.

That would be a source specifically showing 60% approval for the travel ban, not a job approval poll or similar.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Sources for these approval claims would be fantastic.

That would be a source specifically showing 60% approval for the travel ban, not a job approval poll or similar.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...-voters-240215

Asked whether they support or oppose the State Department’s “new guidelines which say visa applicants from six predominately Muslim countries must prove a close family relationship with a U.S. resident in order to enter the country,” 60 percent of respondents said they support the guidelines, and only 28 percent oppose them.
    That's the more recent version. Trump has never had a 60% job approval.

What about the first version of the travel ban? 55% supported it: http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...n-polls-2017-2

President Donald Trump's executive order barring refugees and people from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the US is one of his most popular so far, according to a new poll from Morning Consult and Politico.
    The order has a 55% approval rating among voters polled, with 35% saying they "strongly approve." Thirty-eight percent of voters said they disapprove.

Opinions about the order fall along party lines — 82% of Republicans support the ban, and 65% of Democrats oppose it.

The only executive order more popular than the travel ban is the one revoking federal funding for so-called immigration sanctuary cities. That order has a 55% approval rating, with 33% disapproving.

So not only is Trump's executive order on the travel ban popular. It was actually the most popular one he did along with Sanctuary Cities.

https://morningconsult.com/2017/02/0...rt-travel-ban/

What people need to understand is that Trump's policies, except for a few like Net Neutrality, are NOT unpopular. He is and has always been unpopular. Because quite frankly he's a piece of adulterous shit.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2018-02-22 at 08:45 AM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Part of the solution is lower income inequality, the other part is just access. A person in our country should have access to the best education in the world regardless of how much their parents are worth.
    The "best" education is for the top brightest students. What about the others? So poor smart people can access good education.. Great.. What about legit stupid people? Are you just going to leave them in the dust? Providing higher education won't help people that are just plain stupid, because they would just flunk out or not care about doing it in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Well I'm not trying to say that the internet is entirely responsible for humanity's habit of creating reality insulation.

But it has facilitated it. Before the internet, you might have one crackpot in your town who believed the Moon landing was faked. But now all the crackpots get together on crackpot.com and discuss how the Moon landings were fake, and egg each other on to being more and more committed to their crackpot theories.

It's the down side of the way the internet brings together small subcultures and communities across the world.
    I can absolutely agree with that. Mass communication has amplified not only the positive education, but also the negative education.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

How does that impact a presidential job approval poll? What wrong question is being asked? Provide the proof or move along.
    We all know reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. But if it was then you would understand the quote I posted.

To spell it out for you, if you ask primarily folks who approve of Trump as your selection sample then you are guiding the poll's results to a predetermined outcome. Which is what Rasmussen is know for doing, thus is why they have a low reliability score.
    Last edited by Hobb; 2018-02-22 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...-voters-240215

That's the more recent version. Trump has never had a 60% job approval.

What about the first version of the travel ban? 55% supported it: http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...n-polls-2017-2

So not only is Trump's executive order on the travel ban popular. It was actually the most popular one he did along with Sanctuary Cities.

https://morningconsult.com/2017/02/0...rt-travel-ban/

What people need to understand is that Trump's policies, except for a few like Net Neutrality, are NOT unpopular. He is and has always been unpopular. Because quite frankly he's a piece of adulterous shit.
    Thank you. This is exactly what I have been asking @Tijuana for for the last 5 pages.

I want to call out the following snippet from your article:
    Quote Originally Posted by POLITICO
    Polling on the travel restrictions has varied wildly since the Trump administration unveiled the first executive order on travel in late January. But after months of litigation and controversy, 6-in-10 voters back the ban — and the survey suggests the actual policy may be more popular when separated from the president. [emphasis mine]
    This is the point I have been making the entire time. So many people hate Trump, yet might actually agree with his policies when his name is not attached.

I would caveat the approval for the travel ban with this snippet from the article though:
    Quote Originally Posted by POLITICO
    An Associated Press-NORC Center poll last month showed a 57 percent majority of Americans thought courts were acting rightly in blocking the travel ban.
    I would posit that this shows split support for the travel ban, rather than broad popular support as initially implied by the article.
    Last edited by Antiganon; 2018-02-22 at 02:47 PM.