Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I do speak Hungarian. Some that I learned from my grandparents, but enough to actually understand the article.

There's a shit ton of projection, supposition and hearsay in that.

The article says that 4 Hungarian cities applied for the position, 3 were accepted into consideration, 1 was rejected because it too narrowly focuses on one single aspect of European identity with no representation of anything that isn't Western Christian (no Greek Orthodox or Jewish representation in an application that focuses heavily on religious heritage) and nothing connected to modern EU politics, you know...multi culturalism, open boarders, etc.

It wasn't rejected because it was "too white" or "too Christian", it was rejected because it was one sided, disconnected and apparently boring.
    So it was rejected for being too european, confirming EU's anti-european agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    So you cite a source that you CAN'T EVEN READ? lel.
    I'm a true born (rofl, wording) Hungarian, and as Mihalik said, the news is true, but it's a heavily opinionated article.
    The thing is, Caucasian and christian is the norm here. The biggest minority are Roma, and that's it basically.

And the EU is pushing it's bullshit immigrant propaganda and they don't want a regular white European city to represent EU culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    I'm a true born (rofl, wording) Hungarian, and as Mihalik said, the news is true, but it's a heavily opinionated article.
    The thing is, Caucasian and christian is the norm here. The biggest minority are Roma, and that's it basically.

And the EU is pushing it's bullshit immigrant propaganda and they don't want a regular white European city to represent EU culture.
    So rejecting 1 of 4 applicants because it presented itself as too onesided is now a "crusade to exterminate eruopean people" and "immigrant propaganda". Gosh, do you people really think people stop laughing at you if you don't stop blowing everything out of proportion in this manner?

Quote Originally Posted by warlordoflordwar View Post
    So it was rejected for being too european, confirming EU's anti-european agenda.
    Not really, it's just your definition of what "European" is, is narrower than what for example my definition of European is.

As someone who incidentally also happens to be half Greek (my mother's side of the family) I think Greeks for example are also European, although they don't really fall into the Western Christian category. Nor do all the Slavic Orthodox and Muslim Europeans.

And then there are...the Jews. Whose history for example in the city of Szekesfehervar goes back all the way to the 13th century. https://dbs.bh.org.il/place/szekesfehervar

I could talk multi-culturalism too, but, I can't be arsed right now, I already made my point.

So rejecting 1 of 4 applicants because it presented itself as too onesided is now a "crusade to exterminate eruopean people" and "immigrant propaganda". Gosh, do you people really think people stop laughing at you if you don't stop blowing everything out of proportion in this manner?
    You escalated that quickly, all I said was they are pushing multi-racial propaganda in a region where the population is 90%+ Caucasian.
    No-one is saying they are on a "crusade to exterminate European people". Who is blowing things out of proportion now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Technically it's up to you to prove that it's a credible news source, but just for the heck of it, because it's so goddamn easy to show that it's a shitty biased site:
    - Their site opened quoting bible verses
    - They repeatedly have shown Victor Orban in a good light in past articles
    - It's littered with opinion pieces
    - The front page has multiple articles slandering Soros (tin foil hat level crap there)
    - The front page has articles moaning that other european countries are losing their 'christian values'

It's a zealous religious right-wing site filled with absurd opinion pieces and conspiracy theories.

EDIT: Don't quote Breitbart to try proove a point, they're just as fake, and their sources are shitty sites like the one you just linked.

Fuck off with fake news.
    Ive looked for something credible, there isn't anything. At best it looks like someones opinion as to why they weren't shortlisted, at worst, it's an outright fabrication.

The only sites reporting on this are known Alt-right lie peddlers. There is not a single reasonably unbiased source. There are no quotes from the EU team that are responsible for making the decision.

Even the article at the begining of this has only quotes from one source, the person making the claims, with nothing to back up the veracity of them.

- - - Updated - - -

I do speak Hungarian. Some that I learned from my grandparents, but enough to actually understand the article.

There's a shit ton of projection, supposition and hearsay in that.

The article says that 4 Hungarian cities applied for the position, 3 were accepted into consideration, 1 was rejected because it too narrowly focuses on one single aspect of European identity with no representation of anything that isn't Western Christian (no Greek Orthodox or Jewish representation in an application that focuses heavily on religious heritage) and nothing connected to modern EU politics, you know...multi culturalism, open boarders, etc.

It wasn't rejected because it was "too white" or "too Christian", it was rejected because it was one sided, disconnected and apparently boring.
    I'm going to point out, it was actually 7, 4 were rejected and 3 were shortlisted.

Deleted
    EU's anti-white agenda is well known.
    There is no such thing. I live in the EU. Born and raised white European. Nobody in eu is anti white.

You escalated that quickly, all I said was they are pushing multi-racial propaganda in a region where the population is 90%+ Caucasian.
    No-one is saying they are on a "crusade to exterminate European people". Who is blowing things out of proportion now?
    Aren't Hungarians descended from Asiatic steppe nomads instead of being a proper Indo-European ethnic group? Europe has never had anything resembling a homogeneous monoculture, why start trying now?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    I'm going to point out, it was actually 7, 4 were rejected and 3 were shortlisted.
    I was just going on what I understood from the article. While I'm conversational in Hungarian, reading it is a bit harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Aren't Hungarians descended from Asiatic steppe nomads instead of being a proper Indo-European ethnic group? Europe has never had anything resembling a homogeneous monoculture, why start trying now?
    Genetically they are basically identical now to the Western Slavs surrounding them, but yeah, it's worth pointing out that Hungarian are literally the latest arrivals to the whole European Christian thing and they only went Western Christian over Orthodox based on pretty much a coin toss, and the language is not actually Indo-European either.

So if you wanna get really technical, they are pretty shitty examples of Europeaness.

Deleted
    SNIP
    Some random schmucks youtube video sure is a great source for reliable, objective information.
    And what kind of site is that 888 one even? We can't fucking tell.
    But I do know that these shitholes like Hungaria like to be nationalistic so they don't have to think about how shit their countries are. A victim complex fueled by Russian propaganda often comes with it.
    Yes the evil, oppressive European Union, the scourge of shithole countries who don't know how shit they are. I mean, if you want to go at it alone and not mooch off of it, just piss off to daddy Russian and see how well that goes. They've treated Hungary so well before.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2018-02-19 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I mean hungary were willing collaborator with nazis. It's still full of nazis. So...
    They weren't collaborators. They were Nazis themselves.

Genetically they are basically identical now to the Western Slavs surrounding them, but yeah, it's worth pointing out that Hungarian are literally the latest arrivals to the whole European Christian thing and they only went Western Christian over Orthodox based on pretty much a coin toss, and the language is not actually Indo-European either.

So if you wanna get really technical, they are pretty shitty examples of Europeaness.
    I wonder if people have done studies trying to measure how well people's perceptions of their own ethnicity and ancestry lines up with their actual genetic makeup, I'm guessing the answer would be not at all. Of course, there probably aren't a lot of live tissue samples from medieval Magyar warlords out there, but I bet if we start exhuming we'll find something.

Also, I know about 88, but what the hell is 888? Heil Hitler...Hungary?

I take it, you haven't read the OP.

Fair point tbh.
    We went quite off-topic haven't we? Who are you to say such things?

We were allied with the Germans in WW2, our government back then really fucked that one up.
    Basically it was either be allied with them, or end up like Poland.
    In any country occupied or allied with Germany, Hungary was the last one to start shipping off Jews, the country held out longest till '45.

And you know what happened? The country is still an economical wreck, because none of the reparations were let go, but look at Germany.
    Fuck the western conspirators.

I wonder if people have done studies trying to measure how well people's perceptions of their own ethnicity and ancestry lines up with their actual genetic makeup, I'm guessing the answer would be not at all. Of course, there probably aren't a lot of live tissue samples from medieval Magyar warlords out there, but I bet if we start exhuming we'll find something.

How does that even make sense in your head, I'm talking about the last line.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck anyone who sided with nazis. Fuck any country that still harbours them
    You are a simple person, I see.

You don't actually need to dig up 1000 year old DNA to compare. You just follow the language group. Hungarian belongs to the Fino-Ugric group.

You just need to compare the genetics of groups that never left Asia, like the Khanty and Mansi. I mean not like there's much genetic relation between Sami/Finns and Hungarians, let alone with central Siberian ethnic groups.

Fuck anyone who sided with nazis. Fuck any country that still harbours them
    I am from Norway, and we for the most part collaborated with the germans. Denmark elected a pro-Hitler governement. But I guess it's ok since we're taking new world order dick in our ass and replacing our population. It's the only way for white people to relieve themselves of the SIN of being white (according to the marxist religion).

I am from Norway, and we for the most part collaborated with the germans. Denmark elected a pro-Hitler governement. But I guess it's ok since we're taking new world order dick in our ass and replacing our population. It's the only way for white people to relieve themselves of the SIN of being white (according to the marxist religion).
    You went from a covertly Nazi to full blown Quisling in 3 pages. Congrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    So you cite a source that you CAN'T EVEN READ? lel.
    That’s how it’s done. The sad part is you go to read it and you hear that Homer Simpson “d’oh” by the time you realize what you just said is true.

My question is why the he’ll cant people leave Hungary alone. They seem to be alright.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis