Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The wild gods of the Night-elves. What will they do?

Hello folks!

Reading through all the threads here just sparked a question in me. Hopefully this one was not allready answered. Is BFA saying anything about Cenarius and his "follower" ? They certainly will be pissed about Teldrassil being burned down. With the Death of Ysera and maybe even Malfurion, Cenarius will be even more pissed. So mutch, that he is going to war with his dryads and stone giants. Could this happen? Lorewise it has to. He will not sit idle in Val, looking at an all out war after a World-Tree got burned down from the horde (As mutch as he knows i think?)

Any insights?

As long as the horde leaves hyjal/moonglade alone he most likely wont care. That tree isn't a world tree and has had problems since Vanilla it was corrupted by the nightmare for years and trapping Malfurion in the dream. Also we still dont have the whole story on the tree burning.
    Last edited by Felrane; 2018-02-21 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    As long as the horde leaves hyjal/moonglade alone he most likely wont care. That tree isn't a world tree and has had problems since Vanilla it was corrupted by the nightmare for years and trapping Malfurion in the dream. Also we still dont have the whole story on the tree burning.
    He came to the aid of the night elves when the Warsong clan entered Ashenvale. By analogy, he should care about the same people taking it for good now.

I doubt the Wild Gods will give a damn about Teldrassil. It's a barely decade old tree that doesn't really do anything for the planet.

Trolls will give them a few sacrifices and they would even help the Horde with Teldrassil?
    I mean, we don’t know almost anything about what’s in their minds. Maybe they would see these events as necessary for the future of the night elves? Maybe they would just stay in Hyjal? Maybe they would help to stall the Horde?
    Who knows. They are nature and nature is unpredictable.

Well considering the amount of WC3 influence we've seen in both Legion and the inferences coming from the BfA alpha I wouldn't be too shocked. I mean giants, dryads and faerie dragons were all Nelf units.

But you have to balance all that against how druids are considered a neutral faction in WoW via the Cenarian Circle.

I mean they didn't cut off ties to the horde when the horde literally blew up a druid school in Stonetalon, hard to see them giving much of a fart in a dark room about Telldrassil.

Horde-aligned Loa vs Alliance-aligned Ancients?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Horde-aligned Loa vs Alliance-aligned Ancients?
    I support this
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    The NE Wild Gods will do nothing. Nothing other than line up to be SLAUGHTERED BY THE HORDE! LOKTAR' OGAR!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    The tree has been a fully fledged World Tree since Cata, cleansed and blessed and the druids' souls (including Hamuul) bound to it. It was Teldrassil that helped Malfurion win against Xavius in Stormrage and reach out to the world. Its roots reach the world's core.
    Burning this tree will have dire consequences and I'm not talking about a few Nightelves being mad ^^

Unless ofc Blizz decide to retcon Stormrage and make Teldrassil just a habitat, in which case burning it will only serve as a good reason for furious Nightelves ;D

7+ Year Old Account
    Personally I hope some new Wild Gods are introduced.

Has it been confirmed that the ones considered "loa" by all of the different troll races are just Wild Gods? I know it was implied that the Cenarion Circle druids have tried to show the trolls the "error in their ways" in calling them loa, and the trolls are allegedly too stubborn and "set in their ways" but I am not sure if this is confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post

Has it been confirmed that the ones considered "loa" by all of the different troll races are just Wild Gods? I know it was implied that the Cenarion Circle druids have tried to show the trolls the "error in their ways" in calling them loa, and the trolls are allegedly too stubborn and "set in their ways" but I am not sure if this is confirmed.
    From the Chronicle:

All trolls shared a common religion around the misterious Wild Gods of Kalimdor. They called these powerful beings "loa", and worshipped them as deities.

Hopefully they'll get rid of Malfurion so we don't have to listen to his weak-ass terrible voice actor anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    He came to the aid of the night elves when the Warsong clan entered Ashenvale. By analogy, he should care about the same people taking it for good now.
    He quickly learned his lesson not to mess with the Orcs

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    We can have an expansion called "World of Warcraft: Defense of the Ancients"
    Lol. Honestly I've always wanted an expansion where we teamed up with the Ancients, Loa and August Celestials to defeat an ultra-empowered Hakkar the Soulflayer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Lol. Honestly I've always wanted an expansion where we teamed up with the Ancients, Loa and August Celestials to defeat an ultra-empowered Hakkar the Soulflayer.
    Well Hakkar is... sorta free? I guess?
    He did give a veiled threat during Cata.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Hopefully they'll get rid of Malfurion so we don't have to listen to his weak-ass terrible voice actor anymore.
    Malfurion Stormrage yells: TyYyYrAaAAAndDddDdreeEEee... I nEEEEEEEEEEEED you!

there's so many and they all don't follow the same rules. When you think of Wild Gods, you think of the highest deity of a race, like Malorne or Ursoc/Ursol that created sentient races. While a lot of the Loa are just really powerful animals, most times spirits that can take physical forms and empower trolls.

If Ursoc/Ursol are the twin Bear Wild Gods, then what are Nalorakk and Rhunok the bear Loa of the trolls?

Trolls seem to never worship the Wild Gods and the Night Elves seem to never worship the Loa, so I think the Trolls are right in calling them Loa since they're not even the same individuals... however the term Loa seems to include more than just power animal spirits, but also power troll spirits.

Malfurion Stormrage yells: TyYyYrAaAAAndDddDdreeEEee... I nEEEEEEEEEEEED you!
    /wrists

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    The tree has been a fully fledged World Tree since Cata, cleansed and blessed and the druids' souls (including Hamuul) bound to it. It was Teldrassil that helped Malfurion win against Xavius in Stormrage and reach out to the world. Its roots reach the world's core.
    Burning this tree will have dire consequences and I'm not talking about a few Nightelves being mad ^^

Unless ofc Blizz decide to retcon Stormrage and make Teldrassil just a habitat, in which case burning it will only serve as a good reason for furious Nightelves ;D
    Thanks for bringing this up. Funny how people forget that it was cleansed/blessed. Regardless, I'm sure that we'll either hear some kind of response from the Wild Gods, or nothing at all (but don't expect a substantive response if we even get one, since Blizzard isn't terribly good at story-telling).