Poll: Do you own a gun

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Yes, 3. CZ 805 Bren S1 (Combat rifle modified for civilian use, semi auto) With a scope. CZ 75B 9mm pistol. Mossberg 590A1 Shotgun.

I own them because they are fun to shoot and for self defense, no matter if it is against a home invader, or if the alt left ever takes power and tries to take our rights away.
    One of the best handguns in existence. Also, one of the most copied. Love the design of it.

I don't own a gun.

I own an arsenal. I even have a nuclear bomb.

It is pretty much a matter of time now, you will lose your crazy rifles, they will try hard to stop it but it will only slow it down.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nope - what on earth would I need a gun for?
    Retired in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    One of the best handguns in existence. Also, one of the most copied. Love the design of it.
    Yup. It was a tough choice. I fired best with the CZ 75b and Springfield XDM. I preferred the safety on the XDM but loved the look and feel of the 75B. Right after the 5 day waiting period the gun store for in a CZ 75 SP01.. I was kinda bummed but tbh I don't see myself using a rail on a pistol much.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Only rednecks and gangbangers own guns in Canada. I’m neither.
    Lmfao what? Im sure a lot outdoors men own rifles or high caliber pistols

Nope. Even if I wanted one for whatever reason I couldn't use it because I have ridiculously sensitive ears. I'd probably immediately crumple into a screaming heap grasping my bleeding ears with one being shot near me, going by my reaction to comparably loud noises.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Nope. Even if I wanted one for whatever reason I couldn't use it because I have ridiculously sensitive ears. I'd probably immediately crumple into a screaming heap grasping my bleeding ears with one being shot near me, going by my reaction to comparably loud noises.
    They make some really good ear protection muffs. My wife has super hearing and I have her wear mine when she shoots the lever action .22 we have and she said shooting it does not bother her hearing at all. It is like shooting a BB gun. The caliber makes a big difference in the level of the sound a firearm makes.

I own quite a few- handguns which I carry as often as practical, a number of shotguns and rifles from .22 to larger caliber hunting rifles. I first became interested in carrying concealed because a guy I worked with was taking money to the bank and was robbed - shot in the face with a shotgun. Because I did the same kind of work and didn't want to end up the same way, I armed myself and became proficient with my carry gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohelric View Post
    I own quite a few- handguns which I carry as often as practical, a number of shotguns and rifles from .22 to larger caliber hunting rifles. I first became interested in carrying concealed because a guy I worked with was taking money to the bank and was robbed - shot in the face with a shotgun. Because I did the same kind of work and didn't want to end up the same way, I armed myself and became proficient with my carry gun.
    Smart. Hope it never happens to you and you are better prepared if it does.

I don't need a gun.

Yes, I have had two people threaten my life. One had mental issues, the other was because he was sexually harassing my friend and I came between them, he said he was going to gut me like a tuna (we live in a port town lol) and put his hand in his pocket and started towards me. I put my hand behind my back and had my hand on my glock...he changed his mind. Both times I could have had nothing...both times I'm glad it wasn't just a bluff however I am incredibly freaking happy I've never had to pull it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    They make some really good ear protection muffs. My wife has super hearing and I have her wear mine when she shoots the lever action .22 we have and she said shooting it does not bother her hearing at all. It is like shooting a BB gun. The caliber makes a big difference in the level of the sound a firearm makes.
    I love my CZ455 Lux .22 Tac driver and super quiet. With snow it's near silent with the right ammo. The sound of it hitting the target is the loudest sound you can hear aaaaaaaand I can shoot all day with it and not feel the pain of each shot to my wallet like I do with my Enfield and a lesser extent my .270
    Last edited by EyelessCrow; 2018-02-23 at 01:20 AM.

Rofl 1/3 of people here own a gun. Ye right haha

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Rofl 1/3 of people here own a gun. Ye right haha
    bunch of insecure beta males, not surprised.
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep. I have a Concealed Handgun License too, but I never carry. Just wanted the certification. -shrug-
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

*shrugs*
    Last I read, there were 90-100 million legit gun owners in the US.

Yes, I own a few. I live out in the country, so I need guns incase coyotes or other wild animals come around. There is a pack of coyotes in fact in this area that have killed at least 10 dogs in the past year or so.So for me the threat is real for them to come around+ mountain lions have been known to come in this area from time to time.

I also live so far out that if someone did break into my house it would take the police around 15 to 20 minutes to get to me, so I also keep a hand gun for protection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Yes, I have had two people threaten my life. One had mental issues, the other was because he was sexually harassing my friend and I came between them, he said he was going to gut me like a tuna (we live in a port town lol) and put his hand in his pocket and started towards me. I put my hand behind my back and had my hand on my glock...he changed his mind. Both times I could have had nothing...both times I'm glad it wasn't just a bluff however I am incredibly freaking happy I've never had to pull it.

I love my CZ455 Lux .22 Tac driver and super quiet. With snow it's near silent with the right ammo. The sound of it hitting the target is the loudest sound you can hear aaaaaaaand I can shoot all day with it and not feel the pain of each shot to my wallet like I do with my Enfield and a lesser extent my .270
    Oh yes and maybe the act of indicating you had one , he saw it and it helped him change his mind. This happens a lot more than people know. But such events are not reported to the police or news media a lot of times.

Actually, the .22 cal is a good choice for a lot of people because of low recoil and sound issues. And a.22 on target is a lot better than a .44 mag which misses. My wife had one of her cousins killed with a .22 when he attacked someone with a knife.

I have a shotgun and a rifle, both used for hunting. And to keep the flies down.

I have a 12 guage benelli nova I use for skeet shooting. I used to use it for bird hunting but I haven't been bird hunting in ten years, have a 22 ruger, and a Walther PPS 9mm. I mostly got the pistol because my brother shoots several times a month and I go with him on occasion. I shoot two to three times a year but I keep everything locked up in a safe. So everything is for recreational shooting.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.