Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Woman charged 17.850 $ for urine test. In USA.

How awesome is that?
    I remember a man being charged almost 8000$ for a simple tetanus shot few years ago.That was in USA, too.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/19/h...ner/index.html

7+ Year Old Account
    Good thing that lab is being investigated by the Texas Attorney General and has a F rating with the BBB. Unfortunately people are unaware that they have to check with insurance for in network providers. Someday thos wont be a thing, hopefully.

If you want to understand the reason, go to N.....x, find the series called 'Dirty Money' and watch episode 3, on Valeant Pharmaceuticals.
    Then, watch all other episodes. Then, have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Good thing that lab is being investigated by the Texas Attorney General and has a F rating with the BBB. Unfortunately people are unaware that they have to check with insurance for in network providers. Someday thos wont be a thing, hopefully.
    Imagine how much time and money would be saved by people, employers, etc if we had a single-payer system where people wouldn't have to worry about who's in-network or not, what the insurance will cover and won't, co-pays, deductibles, all that.

I'd gladly pay 1% more in my taxes in order to not have to deal with the BS of whether or not a doctor's visit - with insurance - will end up costing me hundreds of dollars, as has been the case with my most recent forays into medicine.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by ayrton2388 View Post
    How awesome is that?
    I remember a man being charged almost 8000$ for a simple tetanus shot few years ago.That was in USA, too.
    I had my gallbladder removed a couple years back. A few weeks later I got a copy the bill (thankfully paid by insurance) for 87,000$.
    The medical system in the US is cooked af.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    For-profit healthcare - best in the world suckas.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Imagine how much time and money would be saved by people, employers, etc if we had a single-payer system where people wouldn't have to worry about who's in-network or not, what the insurance will cover and won't, co-pays, deductibles, all that.

I'd gladly pay 1% more in my taxes in order to not have to deal with the BS of whether or not a doctor's visit - with insurance - will end up costing me hundreds of dollars, as has been the case with my most recent forays into medicine.
    We wouldn't even need to pay more taxes, the government could allocate what they take now better.

Well, someone gotta pay Trumps welfare hand out to corporations, because those aren't going to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Well, someone gotta pay Trumps welfare hand out to corporations, because those aren't going to.
    What does Trump have to do with anything? This happened back in 2015. Did you even read the article?

I had my gall bladder out recently. I elected to go private as I had insurance. Cost to me: AUD$89. Total cost billed to my health fund: AUD$9980. That was for a private room too. And it only cost that much because I ended up having to be in hospital for 6 days instead of overnight.

$87,000??! lol.

Sadly, same as with school shootings this will end with nothing changed after some outrage and blah blah blah speaches.
    And there are enough people defending this system, whether intentionally or foolishly, which will keep this spinning.
    Greed is bad, m'kay?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually an ongoing problem with how medical insurance is tied in with medical care in the US. Trump in this case has nothing to do with it.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    What does Trump have to do with anything? This happened back in 2015. Did you even read the article?
    Trump is just the latest offender on long list of reasons on why those sort of prices are around. Would you prefer it linked to God king Reagan for his start of trickle down then (one Trump is continuing full force). Would that please you?

I had a really bad ear infection a while back. It cost me about 45€ with all the checkups (yes plural) and medicine combined. Unicersal healthcare is a scam right?

Trump is just the latest offender on long list of reasons on why those sort of prices are around. Would you prefer it linked to God king Reagan for his start of trickle down then (one Trump is continuing full force). Would that please you?
    Does your arm hurt for how far you are reaching?

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't care what you link, I state my stance in my first two posts. You not reading the article is evident by you responses, since this particular instance is a two fold problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I had a similar experience with Vodafone, for my mobile broadband;

Thumbnail (Click!):

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Does your arm hurt for how far you are reaching?
    You still have your choice to make. Call me when ready.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Sadly, same as with school shootings this will end with nothing changed after some outrage and blah blah blah speaches.
    And there are enough people defending this system, whether intentionally or foolishly, which will keep this spinning.
    Greed is bad, m'kay?
    Who is defending rip off medics and a broken insurance system?