Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Seeing as people are always going to find a way to kill others and all, I think we need to introduce legislation to allow people to legally own nuclear weaponry. It only makes sense.
    Thats right. No one would ever launch a nuke if everyone has one.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as people are always going to find a way to kill others and all, I think we need to introduce legislation to allow people to legally own nuclear weaponry. It only makes sense.
    i think it's easier to legalize murder. Perhaps mass shooter would lose interest if it's legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Naw, it won't be "safe" until we start locking up mentally incompetent people that pose a threat to society.
    Why do you hate the Constitution?

14th Amendment Section 1
    All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
    Last edited by Anevers; 2018-02-21 at 11:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Why do you hate the Constitution?
    The only amendment that matters to them is the 2nd. Dead kids are just a bonus to them.

I have a dumbass relative who works at a state prison. After arguing with him about his beliefs that Texas has reduced violence due to all being allowed to carry guns, I suggested to him to go to the prison warden and suggest to him to arm all the prisoners with guns as a means for reducing prison violence.

He just glowered at me and did a "hah hah, real funny" response. I consider that a win. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Togashii View Post
    I think that @Ransath @TheWalkinDude @Dacien are upset that more kids weren’t killed because kids tend to be liberal. And more dead kids mean less liberal voters in the future.
    This has got to be the most foul, awful attack I've seen in all my time here. In all my time here, I've never reported a post for any reason directed at me, because I'd rather try to persuade and continue to have a discussion, and a ban destroys that opportunity, and I'm not going to start now, but I can't find anything redeemable about what you've said here.

My arguments about media outlets propping up children affected by the shooting in Parkland to push for gun control means I wish there were more dead kids?

Just one of the worst posts I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    This has got to be the most foul, awful attack I've seen in all my time here. In all my time here, I've never reported a post for any reason directed at me, because I'd rather try to persuade and continue to have a discussion, and a ban destroys that opportunity, and I'm not going to start now, but I can't find anything redeemable about what you've said here.

My arguments about media outlets propping up children affected by the shooting in Parkland to push for gun control means I wish there were more dead kids?

Well, since you love to push misinformation and attack others, then deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My arguments about media outlets propping up children affected by the shooting in Parkland to push for gun control means I wish more dead kids were killed?
    To some people it obviously does. After all, we have dead children, while you are arguing that the media is not showing the children asking for armed students. Why isn’t Fox News showing them? Why are places like brietbart and infowars, talking about a conspiracy, instead of these children that are being silenced?

Really? There is a guy with a location, referring to tossing communists from a helicopter. I had one tell me that he hopes Moore’s win burns me to my core. There was one guy who said he was glad for the second amendment, because there are people on this forum who disagree with him. This? This ranks no higher than any conservative that has mouthed off about being a real American or how liberals want to destroy the country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, since you love to push misinformation and attack others, then deal with it.
    This is from people who claim liberals funneling murderers and criminals from Mexico, to win elections, is a reasonable political stance. From someone who gave me the “the father held his dying daughter” treatment, just two weeks ago, because an illegal immigrant killed her.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    To some people it obviously does. After all, we have dead children, while you are arguing that the media is not showing the children asking for armed students. Why isn’t Fox News showing them? Why are places like brietbart and infowars, talking about a conspiracy, instead of these children that are being silenced?

Really? There is a guy with a location, referring to tossing communists from a helicopter. I had one tell me that he hopes Moore’s win burns me to my core. There was one guy who said he was glad for the second amendment, because there are people on this forum who disagree with him. This? This ranks no higher than any conservative that has mouthed off about being a real American or how liberals want to destroy the country.

- - - Updated - - -

This is from people who claim liberals funneling murderers and criminals from Mexico, to win elections, is a reasonable political stance. From someone who gave me the “the father held his dying daughter” treatment, just two weeks ago, because an illegal immigrant killed her.
    Yeah, SuperTony went off the deep end. It's a shame watching the radicalization of people based off of internet propaganda. His rhetoric and behavior mirrored that of the actions of the most recent school shooter. If I had to bet anyone on these threads would join a white nationalist hate group, or commit an act of terrorism, it would be SuperTony. Sure, there are other white nationalists... but you could see that man's mental capacity degrade before our very eyes.

10+ Year Old Account

This, coming from someone who voted for sexual predator that publicly mocked disabled people.

How delightfully ironic. Suck it up, buttercup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    This, coming from someone who voted for sexual predator that publicly mocked disabled people.

lets not forget that their god-emperors kid supports conspiracy theories about this shooting. But the kids are the pussies here for getting shot. Much like Trump thinks dead soldiers knew what they were getting into, dead kids are at fault for getting shot.

Well, as you're well aware, I find policy much more important than tweets or despicable behavior. His disrespectful behavior isn't going to drive the entire country in the wrong direction, but you know what actually will? Policy. And Hillary's policy was exceedingly awful. I'll disregard the fact that she hid her own bad behavior behind a glossy veneer of grandmotherliness, let's accept that it's not as consequential as policy for the purposes of my voting. Her policy was awful, and so much was at stake, I voted for the lesser of two evils. As I put it before, I voted for someone to shoot 5 people instead of 6. That doesn't mean I'm glad 5 people got shot.

But this is way off-topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

I think everybody knows I am not on Dacien's side of the argument, but how is this not whataboutism? This has absolutely no relevance to what he is currently talking about, and the post that offended him was somebody literally claiming he wanted more dead kids. I would say he is pretty much absolutely correct in being upset by that, I have pretty thick skin, but if somebody accused me of wanting more children to be murdered I would be upset too.

If we want to keep the moral high ground on our side of the argument that means we have to act like it, and some of the crowd piling on the usual suspects in this thread have been getting pretty nasty.

A few posts up even Ransath acknowledged he was willing to make some concessions on background checks and closing loopholes, and you guys just kept attacking rather then trying to build any consensus.

Well, as you're well aware, I find policy much more important than tweets or despicable behavior. His disrespectful behavior isn't going to drive the entire country in the wrong direction, but you know what actually will? Policy. And Hillary's policy was exceedingly awful. I'll disregard the fact that she hid her own bad behavior behind a glossy veneer of grandmotherliness, let's accept that it's not as consequential as policy for the purposes of my voting. Her policy was awful, and so much was at stake, I voted for the lesser of two evils. As I put it before, I voted for someone to shoot 5 people instead of 6. That doesn't mean I'm glad 5 people got shot.

But this is way off-topic.
    We all know that you go out of your way to ignore the bad things, because you want to deny responsibility for voting for such a person. It's your way of reliving yourself of voting for such a terrible human being. That's the thing about religious conservatives, they tend to be complete hypocrites. It's a shame that you admit to supporting evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    We all know that you go out of your way to ignore the bad things, because you want to deny responsibility for voting for such a person. It's your way of reliving yourself of voting for such a terrible human being. That's the thing about religious conservatives, they tend to be complete hypocrites. It's a shame that you admit to supporting evil.
    Loves pedos like Moore and guns more than love kids. of course they support evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Togashii View Post
    Loves pedos like Moore and guns more than love kids. of course they support evil.
    I mean, he didn't support Moore's pedophilia... he just ignored it, because Moore is such a godly man, and he supports his politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, as you're well aware, I find policy much more important than tweets or despicable behavior. His disrespectful behavior isn't going to drive the entire country in the wrong direction
    Aside from setting an example that normalizes publicly embracing anti-fact and anti-science conditions, as well as one that precludes any and all compromise or mediation. Sure, Felicia.

but you know what actually will? Policy. And Hillary's policy was exceedingly awful.
    Competent administration is left wing propaganda, apparently.

I'll disregard the fact that she hid her own bad behavior behind a glossy veneer of grandmotherliness, let's accept that it's not as consequential as policy for the purposes of my voting. Her policy was awful, and so much was at stake, I voted for the lesser of two evils. As I put it before, I voted for someone to shoot 5 people instead of 6. That doesn't mean I'm glad 5 people got shot.
    It does mean, however, that you need to own your decision and accept the consequences of it. Including being viewed as a despicable individual that opted to put party over everything else.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

It does mean, however, that you need to own your decision and accept the consequences of it. Including being viewed as a despicable individual that opted to put party over everything else.
    Party, power, and guns matter more than dead kids to deplorables.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I think everybody knows I am not on Dacien's side of the argument, but how is this not whataboutism? This has absolutely no relevance to what he is currently talking about, and the post that offended him was somebody literally claiming he wanted more dead kids. I would say he is pretty much absolutely correct in being upset by that, I have pretty thick skin, but if somebody accused me of wanting more children to be murdered I would be upset too.
    Pointing out the hypocrisy of excusing behavior of that sort then crying foul when someone uses harsh language is hardly whataboutism.

If we want to keep the moral high ground on our side of the argument that means we have to act like it, and some of the crowd piling on the usual suspects in this thread have been getting pretty nasty.
    They can go back to their safe space on /r/The_Donald, then.

A few posts up even Ransath acknowledged he was willing to make some concessions on background checks and closing loopholes, and you guys just kept attacking rather then trying to build any consensus.
    I've already explained why I'm not interested in "building consensus" with that brand of gun rights activist; they fundamentally do not agree on the scope of the discussion. They have no intention of making anyone safer with their 'concessions' - the chief goal is creating an environment in which commonplace firearm ownership is less contentious.

Well, as you're well aware, I find policy much more important than tweets or despicable behavior. His disrespectful behavior isn't going to drive the entire country in the wrong direction, but you know what actually will?
    Their behavior is what will. Saying actions don't count towards someone, which will give you what their character, personality, and morals are all indicators of how someone will lead. That's not hard to figure out.

Seriously if someone murdered 30 people 40 years ago but ran for president as long as they ran with your ideals you would be like "Pffft, their murders aren't an indicator of who they are as a person, as long as they give me what I want I'm okay with it." The hell is wrong with you?

Past actions are a clear telling of what someone is truly about and to ignore the thing you should actually judge someone on is insane.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866