Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What would be your perfect WoW expansion?

Post your ideal features for a major WoW expansion, the WoW expansion that would make you play for countless hours and get you back into the game for years, others rate and judge everyone else's. It doesn't need to have a concrete name, but a concrete feature list:

(Takes place after TLK, CATA> no longer exist)

World of Warcraft: NAMELESS EXPANSION

- Level to 90.
    - Revitalized Outland: Adventure through Outland as it recovers from the burning legions influence!
    - Revitalized Northrend: Adventure through Northrend as it recovers from the deathly Scourge!
    - Revitalized Azeroth: Adventure through Azeroth as heroes have solved many of the problems of the populace.

- New Race: High Elves, Explore the continent of Northeron, and what remains of the High Elves (neutral race)
    - New Class: Classless, play the game as a hero that isn't bound to any specific teachings.
    - New Raid: Lordaeron, reclaim the legacy of the Alliance, for the Alliance, forever.
    - New Raid: Stratholme, Help Tyrion, and the Argent Dawn retake Stratholme as the new home of the Death Knights.
    - New Neutral city: Stratholme, On the borders of war with Lordaeron, with only a sliver of the remaining scourge.
    - New feat: Level 91, become a hero among heroes.
    - New Server Option: Hardcore, when you die, you lose your some of your best items, others can loot, inter-faction pvp.
    - New Skeletons and Models
    - Removal of LFD , removal of Achievement System, removal of heirlooms, bring back old WoW launcher. (suitable replacements instead)

10+ Year Old Account
    My idea for an expansion would see the discovery of a truly enormous Titan facility on one of the moons of Azeroth, and by enormous, I mean continent sized. Think the themed wings in Ulduar, but bigger. This facility holds the key to the full awakening and empowerment of the Azeroth world soul, or its eternal corruption and damnation, and has come to the attention of the void lords, who are about to launch an all out assault to take control of the facility and use it for their own ends. This expansion would be called The Void Unleashed, and would be the final expansion of WoW. It would have the Ethereals available as a selectable race by both Horde and Alliance, and see some further changes to the class/race combinations available, but no new classes. For the purposes of the story, peace would have been established between the Horde and Alliance in the previous expansion, with this one finally allowing collaborative party/raid groups from both factions.

I'm sure there's more that could be added to flesh the idea out, but Titan facility on the moon would be ace I think

Wow expansion good question and good answer

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    ...World of Warcraft: NAMELESS EXPANSION...
    This list is goddamn awful. Alliance fanboy detected.

My perfect xpac - WotLK (without LFD and Argent Tournament stuff).

There is only one feature I want and it's to revamp the achievement system and reps to be like GW2(and others) where It's across the account. There are plenty of great options out there to do this, especially for the rep. I know they are meaningless points and I know this is a me problem but I really hate that feeling of incompleteness on a non-main character. It irks me way more than it should and really wouldn't affect gameplay in any meaningful negative way.

Mist of Pandaria already existed so...

WoD

(full disclosure: gold plz)
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I'd basically like MoP again, unchanged. WoD wasn't so bad either.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2018-02-21 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    World of Warcraft: Clash of the Lich Kings

"Arthas has returned! After rounding up his New Scourge he now seeks to take back his rightful throne!" ... and all the cool stuff that follow.

About features, dunno.. Levels and raids most certainly don't concern me. I just want to see more zombies and death knights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    This list is goddamn awful. Alliance fanboy detected.

My perfect xpac - WotLK (without LFD and Argent Tournament stuff).
    Argent Tournament and the dungeon+raid released with it were literally one of the best things ever added to the game. Cool new mechanics. Lots of rewards. People doing stuff everywhere. Dungeon and raid without trash, just bosses coming one after the other.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kobolds and Catacombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    There is only one feature I want and it's to revamp the achievement system and reps to be like GW2(and others) where It's across the account. There are plenty of great options out there to do this, especially for the rep. I know they are meaningless points and I know this is a me problem but I really hate that feeling of incompleteness on a non-main character. It irks me way more than it should and really wouldn't affect gameplay in any meaningful negative way.
    I know how you feel, I have around 90 exalted reps I believe and I can't ever main change because even if I do I'll still have to farm rep on my Druid to get my exalted reps.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted
    an expansion after wotlk that followed the same pace of change and nothing like cataclysm lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    an expansion after wotlk that followed the same pace of change and nothing like cataclysm lol
    man cataclysm changed everything

I'd love a proper full blown old god expansion. Old Gods, their minions and followers with us in the middle caught in the politics between them all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Mist of Pandaria already existed so...
    Good joke, WoTLK was the greatest it's ever been, heck, even late-WoTLK wasn't as good as launch WoTLK. From Cataclysm through MoP the game was already trivialized, classes were homogenized, dungeons and raids were faceroll zergfests, scenarios were horrible and required no communication or teamwork, talents were gone; i.e. overall the game had really gone significantly downhill. :/

But TBC/launch-WoTLK were where it was at
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    - New Race: High Elves
    BELF are HELF deal with it guys.

Ask for blue eyes but stop elves.

Deleted
    South Seas.

Kezan, Tel Abim, Plunder Isle, Frostlands (moved from absyall maw to give some variety), Balor and the BfA Contients (this would play basically exactly the same role as they do in Bfa, get allies get fleet, but condensed into a single zone)

Ashara As the main villian try to do some ritual to bring the waters of the Maw to drown Azeroth or something. Have at the pre-launch event the Naga destroy the Horde and Allaince fleets. We take one of the last ship and venture it the seas to stop her. I'd save Nzoth for a different expasion though.

Your own War Ship. (With crew acting like champions)

More or less the typical fan south seas. I really wanted a South Seas xpack
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2018-02-21 at 10:48 AM.

one in which i have time to play it...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    World of Warcraft: Soulstone

Diablo Expansion where Khadgar goes to teleport Dalaran but shit hits the fan and we end up in Tristram. Main Villain is obviously Diablo (again) only we can introduce the void into the diablo universe? so we get corrupted angels and even more powerful demons.

Main Features:
    - Diablo's dungeon generation mechanic and portals for HC and M+
    - Necromancer class introduced.
    - Armour Dyes
    - Beginning of linking franchises to the MMORPG genre

/Dab

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: The Black Empire

A continent on the other side of Azeroth has been discovered by explorers from the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

A bastion of Old God civilisation trapped in time. Explore cursed lands and battle your way through infested and corrupted zones with aims to reverse the corruption and purify it.

New resource management system "Sanity" (or fear, paranoia, phobia) You must remain in control whilst out in the world. If you lose all sanity you become hostile to ALL FACTIONS, PLAYERS AND NPCS for a duration of time. You must periodically manage your sanity and cleanse yourself. Find shrines or purified outposts to regain sanity. The more you kill mobs, the more you fill your meter. Remaining too long around Old god ruins or relics fill the meter. Strategy required to plan your levelling path and where you quest.

New weather and seasons engine.

Zones will now follow the seasons as they would in real life. Not all zones changed, only the logical ones.
    New weather effects. Thunderstorms, rain, snow, fog, mist. Weather now effects cities and settlements.
    Darker nights.

New class: Necromancer. 2 ranged specs as dps and one healer spec.

New races: Vrykul for Alliance.
    Ogres for Horde.

New weekly treasure run. Obtain a key and plunder a lost vault. Opportunity to find mounts, pets, a title, transmog items and gear upgrades. RARE CHANCE OF OBTAINING KEY.

New treasure finding system. Whenever you are near a treasure, whispers of the old gods will communicate with you. The frequency of the whispers increase the closer you are to a treasure.

Profession overhaul. All old worlds materials are relevant at this current tier. I would change all node and gathered mats into tiers: lesser, greater, normal what have you) but make the focus on older mats relevant again. Utilise all that is available across all the production tables. But each profession would utilise the majority of trainers in game as quest hubs for that profession. You would run errands and do quests to unlock the tiers but also the rewards would be 5-10 skill points on completion.

What you make can be BoE, those pieces would benefit others as they can be used for their skills so can be traded on the AH.

Each profession would benefit others but indirectly. An engineer wouldn’t need a blacksmith as such for certain parts, but if they did, that engineer would get better skill points and greater yield for seeking the service of a blacksmith. A skinner would benefit from a blacksmith made skinning knife. A carpenter would benefit a black smith making polearms or an engineer making a bow. Hell a carpenter could make a spear or polearm as well as a fishing rod.

Heck two new professions. Glass blower and carpenter. Carpenter can make fishing rods, handles for tools, glass blower = alchemy flasks. May as well add masonry as another profession. Masonry can make stones, or sharpening stones, relics, get them enchanted and or imbibed from an alchemist or enchanter.

Level a profession solo or seek others skill sets to increase your own skills and yields. Making them more dependant on each other would offer rewards. Solo would offer a different benefit instead of sourcing from an another player.

Guild hall. Guild hall offers group related tasks. Accept and complete dungeon and raid quests and tasks in a guild group to earn rewards and complete unique challenges.

Legion without Titanforging, Crucible, damage increasing legendaries & make AP class wide.

Remove ToS, add BRF.