Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Don't worry, soon you'll fall in love with country, it's just the natural human process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol
    You don't grow soft. You realize you are soft.
    You can use Niagara to fix that. Niagara, not just for collars anymore!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

There is no "normal" path in music. It will turn and go back out of your control and nobody will be able to determine what music you are supposed to like. Listen to what you want and find your individual taste. Music taste is like food taste, there is no wrong one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post
    Don't worry, soon you'll fall in love with country, it's just the natural human process.
    Country is awesome, so relaxing at times. And sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by Bairend View Post
    I used to just listen to the hard kind of music (I would call it pretty hard actually, there are more hardcore types of music i know) like Slipknot and Korn and stuff like that. But now I am actually learning songs from Ed Sheeran on the guitar! LIKE WHO HAD EVER THOUGHT I WOULD ENJOY PLAYING SONGS LIKE THESE! Went from drop B songs to capo on the 5th fret (Standard Tuning).

Also I feel like i care more about what others think about me and I like people more and more or less and less.. WTF IS HAPPENING TO ME!

Before anyone starts about age, Im 18 y/o and i am still growing up i know.. BUT I DONT FCKING LIKE THIS HAPPENING TO ME RIGHT NOW
    This is just you discovering a side opposite of your previous biased perspective about life and social interactions and your own tastes. You may hit a phase where you wonder why you ever liked the things you liked before and will probably start liking them again in a couple years but mixed with the new things you discovered in the mean time.

This is just what maturity and open mind does to a person, nothing weird, enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to just listen to the hard kind of music (I would call it pretty hard actually, there are more hardcore types of music i know) like Slipknot and Korn and stuff like that. But now I am actually learning songs from Ed Sheeran on the guitar! LIKE WHO HAD EVER THOUGHT I WOULD ENJOY PLAYING SONGS LIKE THESE! Went from drop B songs to capo on the 5th fret (Standard Tuning).

Also I feel like i care more about what others think about me and I like people more and more or less and less.. WTF IS HAPPENING TO ME!

Before anyone starts about age, Im 18 y/o and i am still growing up i know.. BUT I DONT FCKING LIKE THIS HAPPENING TO ME RIGHT NOW
    Your a teenager, if your hormones was personified it would be this...

All teens think/thought that "my music is serious and hard or complex" till you get old enough to say "my god what hell did I listen to" or " I liked that". Kid buckle up

Country is awesome, so relaxing at times. And sounds great!
    It's already happening... (To be fair, I like most older country. I find the newer stuff to be pretty terrible personally though.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paetolus View Post
    It's already happening... (To be fair, I like most older country. I find the newer stuff to be pretty terrible personally though.)
    Its not like i can name artists, but when country music get in touch with my ears i just become happy.

You were always soft.

As you get older you understand quality of music =/= genre. Just like anything else. People that would judge you over taste such as music are just not worth considering as mattering to you, therefore who gives a shit is the only answer. Most of us probably get to that conclusion mid 20s?
    Last edited by minteK917; 2018-02-21 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I thought this was going to be about getting fat.
    I thought it was about problems of maintaining erections...

So I've found that my musical tastes are changing as well. While I still listen to punk rock and all the alternative and heavy metal from the 90's I find myself now also listening to people like Megan Nicole and Lindsey Stirling(Currently lindsey is my favorite). It happens. Nothing wrong with evolution.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    As much as i agree with this Korn are still shit no matter what.
    I dont like Korn either, but im not gona judge someone based on liking it either. Just like i dont really care for people judging me for liking music in pretty much any genre, may it be Jpop, country, orchestral. If its good in my ear, its worth me listening.

I think most of us just have that teenage phase when we are trying to over compensate, thinking if we are caught wearing pink shirts or listening to "girly" music we lose masculinity. Then you realize your 60 years old father enjoys Dragostea Din Tei on the radio because he think its catchy. Then you get older and you realise, huh most adults dont actually give a shit. Because its about as stupid as telling someone they suck because they dont think lemon is as good as cherries.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2018-02-21 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Please don't tell me you're almost 30 and still listening to Korn
    Oh god, no. I was never much of a fan of nu metal. I prefer metalcore/hardcore for my "harder" music. Parkway Drive, Trivium, etc.

The sad thing is, I worked with a guy who has 3 kids and is in his mid-30's and still swears that korn and slipknot are the best bands in the world, lol. But he's also one of those guys who hasn't changed since he was 16.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So I've found that my musical tastes are changing as well. While I still listen to punk rock and all the alternative and heavy metal from the 90's I find myself now also listening to people like Megan Nicole and Lindsey Stirling(Currently lindsey is my favorite). It happens. Nothing wrong with evolution.
    Lindsey Stirling is amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I thought nu metal pretty much died after my generation. I never hear about teenagers listening to it today. Your music tastes aren't going to "change" per say, just expand and refine. I still love metal and hard rock, but I don't listen to 80% of the bands I liked back in my teens. I also opened up to rap, soft rock, electropop, etc... It's just natural.

Time to sub to Theneedledrop.

I listen from everything from Sabaton to Frank Sinatra.

Enjoy what you enjoy, don't be ashamed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenx View Post
    Man, I thought nu metal pretty much died after my generation. I never hear about teenagers listening to it today. Your music tastes aren't going to "change" per say, just expand and refine. I still love metal and hard rock, but I don't listen to 80% of the bands I liked back in my teens. I also opened up to rap, soft rock, electropop, etc... It's just natural.

Time to sub to Theneedledrop.
    Also I'm the only kid around my age i know listening to Nu Metal on a daily basis. And in the last year i've opened up to a lot of genres too. Pretty much classical, metal, country, house, dance, electronic, even rap which is the biggest suprise for me, and like the farmer rock (not sure how to say it in english though, its called farmerrock in my country)

But when there is nice, sweet or heavy guitar in a song. Im in basicly now a days. And other songs with exceptions ofc

Basicly music has been my life since 2 years. Dont care about much besides that
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I listen from everything from Sabaton to Frank Sinatra.

Enjoy what you enjoy, don't be ashamed.
    Sabaton is amazing indeed, i know their music

If you're using Korn and Slipknot as your basis for 'hard metal' then you was soft from the start. You just didn't know it. You still don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Rofl Korn is older than you.
    You can't say that you listen to "hard music", you're just going through teenage anger years and I bet in 5 years your music taste will be different.

I have been listening to Korn since late 90's and refuse to go to any other concert but Korn. Unless I don't have to pay for it.
    However I listen to mostly new metal and old disco/pop (ooold, 80's or early 90's). Funny thing is I can't really stand old metal or new pop music.

But seriously Ed Sheeran is music for chicks. It's like listening to Justin Bieber.
    You know calling yourself Strawberry and in the same sentence saying Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber is girly , classy indeed.