Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The way I see it the alpha is basically the blizzcon demo with some extra stuff enabled that they weren't able to access at Blizzcon. Hence why it seems to be only content creators who have been given access at this time (and some lucky folks). My hunch is there will be some pretty big patches and some pretty big invite waves soon that will bring the alpha up to where they are currently in development and a lot of the concern will fade away at that point.

I seem to recall something similar happened with Legion. The alpha was unusually long. I received my Legion Alpha invite 30th March. According to Google the Legion Alpha began in November. It then went into beta status. I think March will be a pretty busy month in terms of patches and invites.

Provide a source?

Because Preach is swiftly turning into the new Towelliee or Asmongold on these forums...

Preach loves it when you create threads about him on MMO-Champion, he feeds on it, keep at it guys!

I don't know what is funnier, the fact that this forum is hilariously easy to rile up or the fact that false statements and partial quotes are what continue feed this dumpster fire.

Source?

Honestly, you can dislike or like him, its no concern of mine, but at least provide evidence of your claims.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Here is where you're wrong.

Almost everyone HATES current survival. And it is by far the least viable of any spec in the current game.

Also Preach likes the new survival changes, and they are quite good whereas current survival is not.
    So the changes are actually garbage then?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Remember what Alpha means and then come back this summer after they've patched it a few dozen times.
    Also who tf is preach
    You clearly don't know how alpha, beta, and test realms work.

The majority of the content is basically done and the testing is for bugs or severe mechanical errors and balancing.

In the defense of people saying it's just the alpha, they have multiple builds that they deploy over time in terms of what seems unfinished.

Lore will more than likely remain unchanged, but gaps could be filled in. Abilities and class flow is most definitely subject to add more, but what is actually there will be more unlikely to change with the caveat being only that they may have just thrown a placeholder in there which is unlikely.

Is he one of those dreadful YouTube 'personalities'? If so, ignore what he says and just wait for beta. That's when you need to see if there's anything to worry about.

This entire argument is so damn idiotic.

You can't critize things that are in early development super harsh (which Preach never really did in the videos i've watched).
    However, you also can't just "play" the Alpha and assume anything you don't like is going to be changed.

Because Blizzard gives out no communication where things stands, it's next to impossible to get some sort of funded opinion on this matter.
    Is X just a placeholder? Do they want to make Y work? And so forth.

People that keep saying "It's just Alpha / Beta, wait and see" are slowly sinking on the same level as the doomsayers, there is no reasonable discussion to be had if you just say "Well it's in testing phase, it will change".

Certain things can and should be discussed early on, the best example is this entire Azerite gear drama, do specs really need to those talents to be functional?
    In Legion you did not neccessarily need the artifact to play a halfway decent spec, it lacks stuff obviously but even without the artifact almost all specs have a basis to stand on (In the sense that a spec is moderately playable & fun).

Is this good? How does this fit together with the idea of customization if some talents will seemingly be that crucial to make a spec work?

There is a time to panic when things on the Beta aren't going well.

...that time is not at Alpha's third public build.

I don't see how anyone can stand to watch Preach. He takes 4 minutes to start each video because he loves to hear himself fucking talk so much.

I don't even understand what's the point of arguing because someone has an opinion on something. Newsflash: people can dislike something that you like, and that doesn't make them idiots and literally isn't an issue at all. It's not like you can't stick to what you think because a well known person believes otherwise.

Also, the quotes are false, I watch his content and he never said the shit op claims. In some cases he said something exactly the opposite (like the ele sham quote).

And btw, in case you're wondering, no I don't agree with him on everything, I often have an exactly opposite opinion on game related things. Guess what....it doesn't matter. I don't watch youtube to validate my opinions, but for entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    classes are unfinished and are still gutted from the loss of artifacts; every feature for the bfa expansion that gives it flavor isn't enabled other than zones and dungeons
    "the expansion feels like it will be dry"

????????

It's a shame people like this who have huge followers are so misinformed and confuse their viewers. Just because the Alpha has became a glorified media pass doesn't make it any less of an alpha.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-02-21 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beta is when not everything is implemented and they slowly bring stuff in.
    ALPHA (which is what we're in now) comes before that and even less is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    You clearly don't know how alpha, beta, and test realms work.

The majority of the content is basically done and the testing is for bugs or severe mechanical errors and balancing.

In the defense of people saying it's just the alpha, they have multiple builds that they deploy over time in terms of what seems unfinished.

Lore will more than likely remain unchanged, but gaps could be filled in. Abilities and class flow is most definitely subject to add more, but what is actually there will be more unlikely to change with the caveat being only that they may have just thrown a placeholder in there which is unlikely.
    Great, a post full of contradictions.

As someone who plays Alpha daily & this is my forth year of Alpha/Beta , judging it this early is a severe mistake.

Alpha = Barebones as hell, more of zone testing of quest flow/figuring out any big game breaking bugs.
    Beta = PvP usually is in, things start to get ironed out for the final build/live. Beta is still 2/3 months away, easy.

Also as viewers of ALPHA content, manage your expectations.
    Not every expansion is going to be life changing as WOTLK.
    Nor will these changes you are desperately seeking a answer to come in within the first 3 alpha builds.

I like Preach and respect his grind, but seriously.. How many of these videos will he make or that we have to read about?

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post

It's a shame people like this who have huge followers are so misinformed and confuse their viewers. Just because the Alpha has became a glorified media pass doesn't make it any less of an alpha.

Well said. +1

Edit: Would like to add also. If you are genuinely curious about the state of alpha, ask a streamer before a Youtuber. They tend to have more investment/time actually playing it.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2018-02-21 at 10:53 PM.

Besides, isn't this the youtubers and whatnot alpha, in which they're just giving a preview of what alpha's gonna be?
    Then comes beta... there's like a shit ton of time, and besides there's lots of stuff disabled and whatever.
    ... oh and lots of other youtubers are quite happy with the whole alpha thing.

alpha - Computer Definition. Referring to a product, usually a software product, that is ready for initial testing, in-house and possibly under laboratory conditions. An alpha product generally is unstable and does not include all planned features or functionality.

Not sure who this guy is but he's probably blowing shit out of proportion, seeing as it's early alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Who is Preach, and why is his opinion relevant to anyone but himself?
    It isn't. But there's this group of people here on MMO on his tip for whatever reason, and every time the guy says something we get a stupid topic like this one.

"Rain confirmed by Preach, will fall tomorrow."
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.