Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But...this is supposed to be chocolate Rift. Literally why the fuck would we ever have access to SL/NT/etc. souls?

What the fuck is the point of this server? I don't fucking get it.
    This is supposed to be a fresh start with all content being relevant and progress step by step up the current version. The current live version and eg. current wow only have relevant content at max level, everything else is pointless.

I definitely wanted a fresh start - I'd like to see a fresh start server in WoW, too - not that vanilla classic crap.

Locking souls out would be rather silly imo, there is no reason to lock them. Having all souls available adds more diversity to the classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    looks like Rift is trying to profit off the OSRS craze. btw - http://oldschool.runescape.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    It's Rift, who cares.
    They gotta keep saying “You’re not in Azeroth anymore” somehow. Even though they’ve clearly gone that way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This is supposed to be a fresh start with all content being relevant and progress step by step up the current version. The current live version and eg. current wow only have relevant content at max level, everything else is pointless.

I definitely wanted a fresh start - I'd like to see a fresh start server in WoW, too - not that vanilla classic crap.

Locking souls out would be rather silly imo, there is no reason to lock them. Having all souls available adds more diversity to the classes.
    The issue is that all previous examples of this, such as the Legacy EQ servers (which also does have a sub fee) and OSRS (and coming soon: WoW Classic), also reset those servers to how they actually were when said content was new. This is more akin to the "play to level 20" or "Play to level 30" demos that WoW and FF14 do (respectively) for their games... except this has a monthly fee while those are free.

Rift is a fun game. This is just a mode without all the F2P bags and such for being a member

The amount of negativity towards this game is fucking staggering. I don't get people here.

I might hop back on, maybe buy a month and try it out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Rift is a fun game. This is just a mode without all the F2P bags and such for being a member

The amount of negativity towards this game is fucking staggering. I don't get people here.

It's level capped to 50 and will also be launching with only the dungeons and raids that were available in 1.0, but will have current soul trees and whatnot rather than have the game be closer to how it was in 1.0.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm exactly on the same boat with you. I'll give it a spin, most likely it will be awesome at least for the beginning.

The US only server is a bit worrying though.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    then again on WoW Champion which is more like Off Topic Champion these days, no surprise.
    Why are you still here then if you have such a issue with the site?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Because Trion managed to mess something as simple as releasing an older version of the game up. As I said better off waiting for WoW classic because that will be as close to the actual experience rather than lazily designed. The only reason you are getting prime so soon is because all they are doing is downgrading the patch. That's it. It's lazy.

Not to mention they were never very forthcoming about how the server is being handled. It's not classic whatsoever. It's a warped version of it.

The negativity comes from the design decisions of the current game for the most part when they started focusing on filling the cash shop to the point a major patch is considered a class that was panned and a 3 boss raid. This is just another piece of icing on the cake.

It's paying a sub for a lazily designed version of what they claim people asked for yet showed zero statistics on. Simple as that.

And you said it yourself. You are literally paying a sub just not to have P2W shit in the game yet there are still the servers with the P2W shit in.

- - - Updated - - -

No it wouldn't. The content would be relevant if the original content was there. Simple as that.

The old souls enabled more freedom. The current ones will literally have barely any hybrids because they've been changed so much over time. There is less diversity with the current trees. Even with the more points to spend ironically.

As for the extra souls they should unlock over time when it's the current expansion.

You cannot compare Classic WoWs talent trees to Rift. Period. Rift had optimal builds but allowed some insane ones with hybrids. WoW for the most part only had optimal builds or viable specs and never really gave much focus to hybrids.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-23 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because Trion managed to mess something as simple as releasing an older version of the game up. As I said better off waiting for WoW classic because that will be as close to the actual experience rather than lazily designed. The only reason you are getting prime so soon is because all they are doing is downgrading the patch. That's it. It's lazy.

Not to mention they were never very forthcoming about how the server is being handled. It's not classic whatsoever. It's a warped version of it.

The negativity comes from the design decisions of the current game for the most part when they started focusing on filling the cash shop to the point a major patch is considered a class that was panned and a 3 boss raid. This is just another piece of icing on the cake.

It's paying a sub for a lazily designed version of what they claim people asked for yet showed zero statistics on. Simple as that.

And you said it yourself. You are literally paying a sub just not to have P2W shit in the game yet there are still the servers with the P2W shit in.

- - - Updated - - -

No it wouldn't. The content would be relevant if the original content was there. Simple as that.

The old souls enabled more freedom. The current ones will literally have barely any hybrids because they've been changed so much over time. There is less diversity with the current trees.

You cannot compare Classic WoWs talent trees to Rift. Period. Rift had optimal builds but allowed some insane ones with hybrids. WoW for the most part only had optimal builds or viable specs.
    Icar hybrids, duracell, blinkblade (and varients)
    34/32 MM/Ranger

in SL there was a 41necro/35harb build that did insane aoe damage with respectable single target

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    Icar hybrids, duracell, blinkblade (and varients)
    34/32 MM/Ranger

in SL there was a 41necro/35harb build that did insane aoe damage with respectable single target
    That's Storm Legion.

Again I'm pretty sure the trees were changed even further beyond SL.

If you can get those builds working again with the current soul trees and have them set up for endgame content then I'd love to see it once the server is live.

Because with the current trees and supposedly upped difficulty I don't see anyone being generous to any hybrid builds that are left except premades. The old hybrids are dead which is a shame.

And again I don't believe their reason for this is that they can't. It's just a quick cash grab hence why prime is coming so soon. All they have to do really is turn the patch down. The 30 dollar intro pack already screams cash grab.

As I said I'd wait and put the sub money into something that is actually getting the time and effort to be developed.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-23 at 09:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I strongly disagree with you @Eleccybubb. I don't want classic, I want fresh. And all this p2w and cash grab talk is rather moot, considering it's just patron and you are in - if it had some extra price tag on it, then you could argue about cash grab.

I don't want to play RIFT on live servers for these reasons:
    1. P2W cash shop and mechanics
    2. I've skipped like 2 expansions, I would like to progress content from the scratch, not grind to lvl 70 w/e and start doing current end game
    3. I'm so much (years of gameplay) behind everyone else on just about everything and know nothing of the new systems

Prime server addresses all of these problems.

Whether it has classic or current soul trees is irrelevant.

PS. they said on the stream that the 8 vanilla souls per class are available at launch, then you can unlock additional souls later via playing the game (at this point the design is grinding enough planarite to buy them).

Well I strongly disagree with you @Eleccybubb. I don't want classic, I want fresh. And all this p2w and cash grab talk is rather moot, considering it's just patron and you are in - if it had some extra price tag on it, then you could argue about cash grab.

I don't want to play RIFT on live servers for these reasons:
    1. P2W cash shop and mechanics
    2. I've skipped like 2 expansions, I would like to progress content from the scratch, not grind to lvl 70 w/e and start doing current end game
    3. I'm so much (years of gameplay) behind everyone else on just about everything and know nothing of the new systems

Prime server addresses all of these problems.

Whether it has classic or current soul trees is irrelevant.

PS. they said on the stream that the 8 vanilla souls per class are available at launch, then you can unlock additional souls later via playing the game (at this point the design is grinding enough planarite to buy them).
    And you are fine to disagree. You are actually presenting why you disagree which again I respect. It makes for good discussion.

The thing is if you go around a few forums, reddit and whatnot there are people who wanted classic. And it does seem a majority thing. Even older players aren't returning for this which is the issue.

It just seems they looked at the Pristine Server idea that Blizzard had and scrapped for good reason and thought it would work. Maybe it will for the first few months.

The main issue is even with the prime server the P2W elements are still there on the game itself. So it doesn't fix the issue of the game itself being P2W. It just means you pay a monthly fee to avoid it.

The soul trees are mostly relevant because they were the core of the game. Without the older ones a lot of the powerful hybrid builds will be gone. And with the upped difficulty that means that pugs aren't going to be very forgiving towards any hybrids.

The cash grab comes from that shitty 30 dollar intro pack and how lazily designed it is in my opinion. The current client is already bug riddled with poor multicore support so it's not really going to change anything.

I somehow believe they will fuck it up down the line though and offer the souls as a paid option. Trions track record tells me that. Or do something shady with the cash shop. They said "no tricks and traps" the last time and we ended up with shit like gear slots/raid gear.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-23 at 10:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The 30 dollar intro pack includes:
    a mount
    a title
    portrait icon
    30 days patron for your account
    2x 15 days patron you can use yourself or gift to a friend

For a price of 60 days of patron.

It's not a cash grab, it's just a promotion to get people invite their friends to test it out as well.

The 30 dollar intro pack includes:
    a mount
    a title
    portrait icon
    30 days patron for your account
    2x 15 days patron you can use yourself or gift to a friend

For a price of 60 days of patron.

It's not a cash grab, it's just a promotion to get people invite their friends to test it out as well.
    I disagree. They knew what they were doing with it personally.

It's more a cash grab because of how lazily designed it is. It's just rolling back a patch rather than actually dedicating proper development towards a full client. Again I somehow don't believe that bugs/bugfixing is a viable reason when plenty of developers have done it with no issues.

I mean I do hope you enjoy it Puupi but well I wanted a proper Classic experience personally as did a lot of people from what I read. I just can't justify the sub for this product if I'm honest and would rather wait for a product of more quality down the line and keep subbed to products that I believe provide a better quality.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-23 at 10:14 PM.

I feel like giving Rift a chance again every now and then, but then I remember to myself...Why bother, others games or WoW.

I really did enjoy the game for the 2-4 months I played it. Loved my rift-blinking rogue.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    whats the word from the stream
    If you didn't see the Stream last night, you can watch it here in comfort and at your own pace.

Two Rift regulars/dataminers/fan site operators, Holyroller12 and Clowd also took comprehensive notes so all credit due to them for my lazy copying.

These are the very rough notes for the 2/23/18 Live Stream. Always remember that any and everything is subject to change and I will be highlighting the stuff that I'm not 100% sure I noted correctly. I tried to get in as much as I could. I'm sure clowd may clean this up later and some point and post them over on Ghar Station for everyone. Hope this helps.

- 2 characters on Prime (mainly to limit crafting professions)
    - Pack will carry over to live after the prime ends
    - Prime uses the live install so you will alway need to update once for both versions of the game as they come out.
    - Both factions available
    - Free for all pvp servers were a potential idea for a future prime server where you're only safe from your guild, but limited to 5 members.
    - End date is not set in stone, but they plan on going through all of the current and past content available.
    - Live content will (mostly event type updates) will release on Prime too.
    - Both servers will be supported and no attention will be taken away from Live.
    - Prime global chat will be separate from Live server chat.
    - Prime will have separate forums. Anyoine can view and read the forum, but you have to be a patron to post there.
    - Live unlocks such as packs, wardrobes and the like will not carry over to prime. You will be starting from scratch on that server specifically.
    - No carry over from live servers at all.
    - You cannot unlock character slots on Prime.
    - Multiboxing will be allowed on prime just as they are on live servers, but like live, you will not be allowed to bot or play unattended.
    - The calendar will be getting a revamp for both Prime and Live-
    - The calander will contain a random mount at the end of the month. One you don't already have. I think this may have had more to do with the point below this one.
    - Montly challenge rewards are being looked at.
    - Prime will have exclusive mounts that were intended to be released with the original game, but never did. They will be in there with this new launch.
    - Classic currencies will use void stones
    - No PA on prime at launch.
    - Guild levels will go to 30
    - Starting with the original 8 vanilla souls and unlock the rest with planarite and planar notoriety. (Subject to change) but never purchased.
    - No Primalist on this first version of Prime.
    - Mystic Archer is a possibility, but it's still may be too strong for Prime.
    - Survival and fishing will be available at launch, but dreamweaver won't come out until they get to Nightmare Tide.
    - Prime will have a limited number of mounts and companion pets will be available for credts. Guild name, name change scrolls and some dimension items will also be available credits.
    - Entire wardrobes will drop throughout the world and off of bosses on Prime
    - Greenscales Blight will Not be released on launch. Content releases will depend on how fast players get to it like leveling and gearing up. Content releases are not set in stone for that reason.
    - Soul damage will be back again, but falling damage will not return.
    - Warfronts available from day 1, but conquest won't be coming back.
    - Vengeance and valor will not be coming back.

Anything PvP related will be for a future version or next iteration of Prime server/s. This first iteration will mainly be focus on PvE, but will of course still have mercenary activated warfronts. The same way it is on live.

- PvP ranks will be enabled, but capped at level 50.
    - No PvP rifts with this version of Prime
    - All classes will be locked to their armor classes. Warriors can't use leather as an example.
    - Wardrobe appearances wil not unlock by just landing in your bag, You have to equip them in order to unlock it. Warriors can wear all armor classes and they don't want them rolling on everything. "
    - You won't need Crit Power in classic Rift. Not until Storm Legion at Least
    - Crafting rifts and raid rifts will not be available until later.
    - Guild names and character names will not be allowed to be reserved. It's a free fo all.
    - Prime will support zone event API. It won't roll out with the launch.
    - No loyalty
    - Fragments ARE being looked at right now by the devs.
    - Wed and Saturday for raid Lockouts
    -- When prime ends, you will be allowed to choose the region and server that you want to transfer your characters on live, butIf you're character capped (13 per server) on the server you want to pick, then you'll need to find room. I'm not 100% sure and it wasn't clarified from what I heard on whether or not they will unlock a character slot for you automatically if your personal cap is something less than 13 or if they just mean for whatever your person cap is in the first place.
    For more details, Clowd has more on his Ghar Station site here:

https://www.thegharstation.com/2018/...ruary-23-2018/

As people have pointed out, if you're not a Patron, the Starter Pack is a bargain as it gives you 60 days Patron, that makes the mount, cape, title and portrait frame totally free, if you are already a Patron it's just an option to buy.
    Last edited by Slipmat; 2018-02-24 at 07:03 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't realize Rift was popular enough to do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I didn't realize Rift was popular enough to do something like this.
    It isn't. It's just a cash grab since the last 2 they tried ended up with Trion get absolutely hammered on for it.

100 dollar mount lootbox and selling current tier raid gear on the store. So you can tell why they were absolutely dumped on for it considering they already sell previous tier/LFR gear on their shop and at one point were actively selling a gear slot and the ability to equip specific gear.

It's not even actual classic either. Just current client downgraded and warped into a hot mess.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-24 at 07:14 AM.