Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    So glad people are starting to say Tauren Paladins. It's so fucking stupid. A well-done retcon I can take, but this is just lazy as hell.

Edit: Tier list of ridiculousness

1. Tauren Paladins
    2. Freaking Night Elf Mages wtf wtf wtf
    3. Midget-race warriors
    4. Pandaren anything
    5. Undead DK's - unless they're named "Unundead" or "Reundead."
    1. They are Sunwalkers. Different"light lore-wise. Human paladin light is holy. Nightelf get their power from the Moon and Tauren from it's opposite the Sun. Two sides to a coin that is The Earth Mother. It would be just weird to have identical spells with different names for Tauren.
    2. Night elves were always capable of using magic. It was just taboo. After the Sundering, night elven society outlawed arcane magic on pain of death. In Cata we saw a Highborne agent sought an audience with Tyrande Whisperwind, to offer that they put their differences aside and combine their resources and skills to prepare for deathwing
    3. Well they are not human. The first gnomes that came into existence were mechagnomes who were turned into gnomes with the Curse of Flesh...didn't say anything about making them weaker...just mortal. I get appearances maybe weird but that does not make them weak.
    4. Whats wrong with that? If we can learn from them why can't they learn from us?
    5. Undead DK's is not an undead that has been reanimated. It is Scourge that was once freed by Sylvanas that became the forsaken that were reassimilated / brought back into the fold as scourge under the LK's influence. Undead DK is really a result of a power struggle of control of your will. Will of the LK vs Will of the Forsaken.

See undead intro text
    You don't remember me, do you? We were humans once - long, long ago - until Lordaeron fell to the Scourge. Your transformation to a Scourge zombie came shortly after my own. Not long after that, our minds were freed by the Dark Lady.
    A pact was made, brother! We vowed vengeance against the Lich King! For what he had done to us! We battled the Scourge as Forsaken, pushing them back into the plaguelands and freeing Tirisfal! You and I were champions of the Forsaken!
    Listen to me, <name>. You must fight against the Lich King's control. He is a monster that wants to see this world - our world - in ruin. Don't let him use you to accomplish his goals AGAIN. You were once a hero and you can be again. Fight, damn you! Fight his control!

Honestly the only weird one is Goblin Shaman because they use tech to force the elements vs being attuned to them which is a technicality vs actual lore behind it.
    Last edited by MrHappy; 2018-02-21 at 10:16 PM.

Gnome and Goblin warrior

5+ Year Old Account
    I cannot believe no one has said this yet:

Undead Monk

Considering 'Chi' is the power of LIFE's essence..
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Cool meme bro. Here are facts: Paladin in the lore is just a name for members of an organization formed by humans and dwarves during the second war to combat the undead and demons, Paladin in the sense of RBG archetype does not necessarily involve knighthood. Also get this, the Knights of the Silver Hand are *not* the original WOW Holy Warrior.

What's ridiculous is that by the definitions people like you throw out there no one else who is called a Paladin for gameplay purposes is a Paladin, even though by most RBG gameplay standards they most certainly are. Draenei ain't got no Knighthood shit going on either y'all.

Truth is that a lot of people Paladins actually have like a class fantasy of basically just being a racist. Apparently they have no idea that the Crusades and such were an extremely racist thing, and that racism and religion are very much linked in the real world.
    Draenei were a retcon so humans were the og paladins.

i always considered the most ridicoulous combo to be MALE TAUREN SHADOW PRIEST.

Zandalari Paladins.

Just to trigger people.

Glad we don't have it

Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Goblin Shamans shouldn’t exist

10+ Year Old Account
    Void Elf Warlock.
    I main one at this point, and it just feels weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Cool meme bro. Here are facts: Paladin in the lore is just a name for members of an organization formed by humans and dwarves during the second war to combat the undead and demons, Paladin in the sense of RBG archetype does not necessarily involve knighthood. Also get this, the Knights of the Silver Hand are *not* the original WOW Holy Warrior.

What's ridiculous is that by the definitions people like you throw out there no one else who is called a Paladin for gameplay purposes is a Paladin, even though by most RBG gameplay standards they most certainly are. Draenei ain't got no Knighthood shit going on either y'all.

Truth is that a lot of people Paladins actually have like a class fantasy of basically just being a racist. Apparently they have no idea that the Crusades and such were an extremely racist thing, and that racism and religion are very much linked in the real world.
    ... Sooo what are you trying to say, exactly? Because I don't really feel like what you're saying is disupting what I said. Also, the only definition I've known RBG by is "Rated Battleground."
    Why do I even bother to post on this damned site?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    I DEMAND they add Gnome Druids at some point. Cub form, Kitten form, Moonkinlette form, Canary form, and Deer calf form. And Shrub form.
    You are my hero :3

Now, it happened to me to want to roll a pally. Since I am horde 4 life, I had to go BE or Tauren; I didn't really like the former, but I had to... Holy cows are too much for me. Udder the Milkbringer, as ppl used to tell back in Cata

Human priest is a pretty wild combo esp of you name the George or Anna or something crazy... oh boy I need to take a seat

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Alternative, robot forms. And when the gnome shapeshifts it makes that transformers noise. You know the one.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's just address the elephant in the room, it's because Blizz can't be assed to do totems, druid forms and pally mounts for a dozen+ races.
    But that would go against the entire reason any race is ever a Druid. Nature and junk.

.......although I won't lie. That's a really good idea. I would play one. Mechagnome Mechakitty, Mechabear, Mechabirdy, and Mechadeer, and Mechamoonkin.

SOMEONE FAN ART THIS RIGHT NAO PLS!

Deleted
    Zandalari Paladins, kappa

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Night Elf Mage, because it casually throws out ten thousand years of culture. Not that Blizzard paid attention to that stuff in the first place.
    All cultures change and dilute over time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Mechamoonkin definitely should be a thing.

And suddenly everyone wants Gnome Druids..
    It's silly enough as to lure Blizz into actually doing it :P

Goblin Holy/Disc priest. I mean, what?

and Deer calf form.
    I think you meant Fawn form?

And Shrub form.
    Shrub could work, but I'd call it Sprout.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Why christian? I always thought of jewish medieval knight.
    Pretty sure the concept of a "Paladin" is based off the Knights Templar, which was a well trained, well armed, Christian Military Organization. Not that I really care.

Undead paladin hands down

If we consider existing ones gnome warrior (especially tank) and male orc rogue win
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2018-02-22 at 03:47 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    You are my hero :3

Now, it happened to me to want to roll a pally. Since I am horde 4 life, I had to go BE or Tauren; I didn't really like the former, but I had to... Holy cows are too much for me. Udder the Milkbringer, as ppl used to tell back in Cata
    I tried to make a Tauren Paladin, but when it wouldn't let me use the name <Sirloin> I gave up.

Tauren Priest and Tauren Paladin ... just ridiculous and look silly. Wish they never let that combo in the game.