Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Liking the animations, especially the death and sleep animations. Pretty decent model overall, although I hope they get hair options, nothing insane, but maybe fur braids (they seem to be a tribal society so it fits) and fur tuffs.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who genuinely doesn't care about these dumb foxes? Everyone is either creaming their pants over them or is planning to go on vulpera genocide. I don't want to play one, but it's not the end of the world if it's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Putin-Chan View Post
    Am I the only one who

I've taken a chance to look at some of the other new models and the Kul'Tiran females look like they've been rigged with a fair amount of facial bones. I get the impression that they were made from the ground up to be playable. The males show fewer signs of this, so it was probably a recent decision.

Here's how I think this all shakes down with regard to the Vulpera: We've got four allied races on each side with Mag'Har and Kul'Tirans coming in last. That makes 8 total new(ish) races in one expansion. Vulpera are obviously going to be playable at this point, but giving them to the Horde would necessitate adding another race for the alliance. 10 total races is a little bit insane coming from the Blizzard we know.

The Vulpera are insanely popular with the types of people who don't post on forums - I think Blizzard intend to take advantage of that by making them WoW's second neutral race. Book it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think you'll need to wait a while. But yeah, they are probably happening. I wonder what the Alliance gets though; I mean Sethrak look awesome but they are too damn evil for the Alliance.
    We don't know if they are all evil, we do know that there is a group of Sethrak that work with the player to deal with the "evil Sethrak", so not impossible

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Alliance is getting 3 Allied races in one.

- Thin Kul'Trians
    - Average Kul'Trians
    - Bulky Kul'Trians

I will not be surprised if each one of them have a slight racial variance too.
    Maybe to make sure that the Alliance is not so mad that the Horde is getting the Orcs of Draenor with all the different clan options while they got the Dark Iron as 1 option, instead of having the Dark Iron and the Wildhammers together as the Orcs did.

Note: What are the "Average Kultirans"? Don't they look the same as normal humans?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    why the hell would they have so much customization if they're just npcs?
    For the same reason vrykul, ogres and several other recent NPCs have had lots of customization?
    Last edited by therealstegblob; 2018-02-23 at 06:45 AM.

This is clearly just for easier NPC customization guys. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    This is clearly just for easier NPC customization guys. /s
    I agree. And the 7.3.5 datamined allied races are for 8.0. :^)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    For the same reason vrykul, ogres and several other recent NPCs have had lots of customization?
    Come on. Don't be naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Come on. Don't be naive.
    Are you butthurt or something lol. Lots of non-playable NPCs have gotten lots of customization options pretty much ever since WoD (maybe even MoP if you count some of the work they did on the NPCs there). This, alone, isn't very good evidence that Vulpera will be playable.

Are you butthurt or something lol. Lots of non-playable NPCs have gotten lots of customization options pretty much ever since WoD (maybe even MoP if you count some of the work they did on the NPCs there). This, alone, isn't very good evidence that Vulpera will be playable.
    Butthurt? No, but it's clear they're slated to become allied races.

Butthurt? No, but it's clear they're slated to become allied races.
    No it isn't. This isn't proof of it, unless you're going to argue that ogres are "clearly slated" as well or something.

No it isn't. This isn't proof of it, unless you're going to argue that ogres are "clearly slated" as well or something.
    Different faces, nose options, ear options, skin options.

Yeah, it's clear.

Different faces, nose options, ear options, skin options.

Yeah, it's clear.
    No it's not, butthurtboi.

http://bfa.wowhead.com/dressing-room...zzS8Jul8zzS87m

Vrykul males have multiple different beard colors, beard styles, skin colors and they have other faces but apparently the WoWhead model viewer doesn't let you use them? I dunno.

Vulpera have no more options than Vrykul do. Player models on the other hand have 8-14 options for hairstyles, colors, etc.

Butthurt yet, or do you need to ground into you some more?

For the record even though I think Vulpera are a really, really cliche and boring race, I don't necessarily have anything against them being playable (other than I'd think they were stupid but whatever, I could totally see Blizzard adding them at this point so whatever), but a typical amount of NPC variations is not unflagging proof they're being made playable.

No it's not, butthurtboi.

http://bfa.wowhead.com/dressing-room...zzS8Jul8zzS87m

Vrykul males have multiple different beard colors, beard styles, skin colors and they have other faces but apparently the WoWhead model viewer doesn't let you use them? I dunno.

Vulpera have no more options than Vrykul do. Player models on the other hand have 8-14 options for hairstyles, colors, etc.

Butthurt yet, or do you need to ground into you some more?

For the record even though I think Vulpera are a really, really cliche and boring race, I don't necessarily have anything against them being playable (other than I'd think they were stupid but whatever, I could totally see Blizzard adding them at this point so whatever), but a typical amount of NPC variations is not unflagging proof they're being made playable.
    Vrykul definitely have no unique facial geometry.

They have more uniqueness, customization-wise, than Worgen.

You really are making it clear you know you're wrong but don't want to admit it with the whole little "butthurt boi" thing. Infantile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Tbh tho, if horde get orcs and vulpera, what do alliance get other than kul'tirans?

and pls don't tell me thin humans.

that'd be so terrible if we got 2 separate human allied races
    Well, it would fit in with the humans, short humans, shortest humans and humans who turn into wolves we have now.

Vrykul definitely have no unique facial geometry.

They have more uniqueness, customization-wise, than Worgen.

You really are making it clear you know you're wrong but don't want to admit it with the whole little "butthurt boi" thing. Infantile.
    Riiight.

I may be mis-remembering vrykul faces being different (I'm almost certain there's 3-4 variations for both but I don't know for sure I guess), but Vulpera still don't have as many customization options as playable races, use out-dated skeletons and currently (in light of Kul'tiran humans and Draenor orcs) have no visible place to fit into the lore as being playable, unless Blizzard pulls a fast one and makes them neutral.

At any rate, I am not wrong. You're basing this whole '100% sure thing' of yours on pathetically weak conjecture. You are wrong and this conversation is over. Try some ice for that butt, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Putin-Chan View Post
    Am I the only one who genuinely doesn't care about these dumb foxes? Everyone is either creaming their pants over them or is planning to go on vulpera genocide. I don't want to play one, but it's not the end of the world if it's an option.
    Vulpera genocide sounds fun, since probably most of the people playing them are going to be furries IRL.

On that note, no fat person is going to be caught dead playing a Kul Tiran human.

Riiight.

I may be mis-remembering vrykul faces being different (I'm almost certain there's 3-4 variations for both but I don't know for sure I guess), but Vulpera still don't have as many customization options as playable races, use out-dated skeletons and currently (in light of Kul'tiran humans and Draenor orcs) have no visible place to fit into the lore as being playable, unless Blizzard pulls a fast one and makes them neutral.

At any rate, I am not wrong. You're basing this whole '100% sure thing' of yours on pathetically weak conjecture. You are wrong and this conversation is over. Try some ice for that butt, man.
    Don't forget to be excited for Void Elves, Lightforged, Highmountain and Nightborne in 8.0!

Don't forget to be excited for Void Elves, Lightforged, Highmountain and Nightborne in 8.0!
    All of which were, you know, races not using outdated goblin skeletons and that came either into the game (in the case of Light Forged Draenei and maybe Highmountain Tauren but don't quote me on that one) with player model numbers of customization or were leaked as confirmed playable races. Unlike Vulpera... which are none of those things.

The butt remains hurt.

All of which were, you know, races not using outdated goblin skeletons and that came either into the game (in the case of Light Forged Draenei and maybe Highmountain Tauren but don't quote me on that one) with player model numbers of customization or were leaked as confirmed playable races. Unlike Vulpera... which are none of those things.

The butt remains hurt.
    (ps: I didn't know Goblins had a facial rig that allowed their face mesh to blink and them to have modeled eyelids and eyeballs, rather than painted on ones. When'd that happen. )