Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What do you guys think about humanoid nagas? I know it sounds weird but what if after we kill Azshara, most of the nagas want to live with two legs and there somehow is a way of getting that, thus making a faction of humanoid nagas. Could probably be written better but this could lead to an interesting allied race.

Tortollan they dont even really NEED gender specific models... and i just want turtle race for the alliance
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Why do people still expect new races?
    Isn't it clear enough by now that allied races are nothing more than subraces of the ones we already got? They just didn't want to use that word because they already planned to switch factions for the existing elves models. I wouldn't expect anything more than fat humans, green gnomes or goblins with fur and tails, at this point.
    It's just a clever marketing strategy for adding more customisation options.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcieth View Post
    What do you guys think about humanoid nagas? I know it sounds weird but what if after we kill Azshara, most of the nagas want to live with two legs and there somehow is a way of getting that, thus making a faction of humanoid nagas. Could probably be written better but this could lead to an interesting allied race.
    I'd be really disappointed. A naga with legs just isn't a naga to me, and I realize there's some irony there with how often I post in support of sethrak, who are really just legged slith.

I'm hoping our next race will be the Sethrak or the Arrakoa.

I think either of these are possible; Arrakoa because since we're dipping back into WoD content for a race on one side, it would be the best opportunity to reach back for them as well. Back then, the forums lit up with so many "Let us play these' threads that they could probably be seen from space. In a way, they were the prototype for the Nightborne. An entire zone and questline set up to tell their story and set the Player up in such a way that they become involved with their culture and dif characters and stuff. Plus their animations are fantastic.

The fact that the Sethrak are more primitive then the rest of the Alliance doesn't really make it seem less likely. Once upon a time, a very different race in the Blood Elves joined the primitive Horde, going against the grain of the rest of the faction. This would effectively be a reverse of that. They seem to be pretty much built on a Worgen skeleton, and lorewise hooking up the 'good' ones to our cause wouldn't be difficult to pull off, especially if their Vulpera enemies are joining the Horde. This would also give a little variety in the races made availible, one cute and one exotic. This reptillian race would also solve all the hypothetical problems that the naga would have had in becoming a race (both mechanical and lore-wise), and requests to play Naga are very old indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    If Horde are getting Orcs from Draenor, maybe Alliance can get the Arrakoa they've been asking for.
    Sure hope so It seems like it could really happen. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    So we can basically infer the next batch of allied races to be announced will be...

1. Draenor Orcs
    2. Vulpera
    3. Kul Tiran (Bulky) Human
    4. ???

Sethrak have been brought up as a candidate, but the Horde will apparently work with a rebel group to bring down the sethrak Emperor. Tortollans have also been proposed as a candidate but they seem to also live on Zandalar and work with the Horde to commune with Torga, a turtle loa. Thin humans are also a proposed candidate, but that would be extreme human overkill.

So based on what we know, my prediction is the Alliance will either get broken or quilboar.
    My expectation is 90% chance to be Arakkoa, 10% to be Saberon. Here's why.

Blizzard does often follow some sort of symmetry between their races and how they implement things with faction balance.

Orcs are parallel to Humans.

Goblins, whom the Vulpera are based on, are parallel with either a) Worgen (in terms of their release date) or b) Gnomes in terms of their faction role.

Now let's look at the structure of where these races are being pulled from. Draenor and the new islands. Kul'Tiran and Vulpera are from the islands. This tells me that the other race will likely come from Draenor.

Ogres would be incredible, but they would HAVE to go horde, and we already have Draenor orcs. So really what's left in terms of playable races in Draenor? Arakkoa and Saberon.

Arakkoa would be much more interesting in my view and already have a VERY fleshed out culture, including unique architecture and a TON of voice acted material from WoD - plus they show up in both BC and Draenor.

I threw in 10% chance to Saberon only for a few reasons: I thought it was interesting they never reintroduced a Claws of Shirvallah cosmetic (maybe they were being considered for a playable and that cosmetic would diminish them), they already share the SAME exact animations as Worgen (the Goblin parallel - which is getting Vulpera) and they are also a Draenor race.

Another point for Saberon would be that Arakkoa don't feel like a "sub race" of any particular main race. Which is what allied races are up until this point.

I also feel like if they are going to introduce Ogres to the Horde, Arakkoa would be a better parallel to save for the Alliance whenever that happens.

As far as Sethrak for the alliance goes, the nightborne models pre-allied race weren't really built for gear at all but that changed. Not saying that's what will happen but it is a possiblity, slim as it may be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

My inside source at Blizzard have informed me that Alliance are getting Pygmies from Uldum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now the only "confirmed" allied races that we'll be getting in BfA are:

DI Dwarves and Kul'Tiran Humans for Alliance and Zandalar Trolls and Mag'har Orcs for Horde.

Vulpera playable race has NOT been datamined or anything. You guys are just assuming it because of the different customization options that Blizz already confirmed all NPCs will be getting to make designing them easier in future.

If Vulpera is released, it probably won't be until at least the 2nd half of the expansion, if at all.

I assume Zandalar/DI will be unlocked probably upon hitting 120. Then Orcs and Humans will be unlocked after you complete certain requirements at the end game. (Although releasing Zandalari Trolls AND Kul'Tiran humans first would make more sense from what we know. Horde will be helping the Z. Trolls and Alliance the K. Humans while leveling up).

Which ever races come out after that will probably be coming out in 8.2 if I were to guess. Adding too many races that quickly is not really something that is sustainable.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2018-02-23 at 08:42 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Assuming draenor orcs and kul'tiran humans, then there's still 2 "subrace" spots on each side to fill out if you don't count pandaren.

I think with the worgen and goblin model updates coming at some point, I think it would be a good way to put that work into their allied races as well. The obvious candidates are night elf worgens to the alliance, and gilgoblins to the horde after the defeat of Queen Azshara

That leaves gnomes and undead as the odd ones out. Since Blizzard has shown that they're not afraid of giving one faction's model to the other (nightborne and void elves) It would be really cool to have the leper gnomes officially join the Horde, since there are already some that are part of the Royal Apothecary Society in Undercity. That just leaves the undead model as the only one not given to anyone, and since they couldn't let the horde have one more allied race than the alliance. There isn't really a good way to give the alliance the undead model, but there are 2 that would be super exciting. The first is Morgraine/Thassarian convincing Anduin that drastic measures must be taken to win the war, and so he gives them permission to raise people. The much much much cooler and much much more unlikely option would be Bolvar allowing part of his scourge to fight for the alliance. He obviously has the connection to Anduin, and might offer the Alliance aid in exchange for their continued passivity towards him.

The easier option for gnomes/undead would just be to give horde undead the skeleton option (not sure how this would work in China), and have leper gnomes get partially cured, so they're not insane and can rejoin the alliance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another fact that add possibility for Saberons - Alliance embassy in Gorgrond.

Deleted
    Vulpera for now are just a rep for Horde players and this can be a point "Furries in the Hordies"

I would like Sethrak on Alliance for 2 reasons : 1. Will be something "new" instead of another elf/draenei/uman and 2. They can be some sort of Naga mutation so Tyrande can be useful

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Starling View Post
    I'd be really disappointed. A naga with legs just isn't a naga to me, and I realize there's some irony there with how often I post in support of sethrak, who are really just legged slith.
    Understandable, but realistically thinking, do you really believe naga would be an ideal playable race? Armor wouldn't really work on them, it wouldn't look good, and also certain mounts would look wrong with them. If they made two-legged naga, sure, it wouldn't be naga any longer but perhaps then you could see them as a different kind of race. Just like you can differentiate Sethrak and Slith.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    Vulpera for now are just a rep for Horde players and this can be a point "Furries in the Hordies"

I would like Sethrak on Alliance for 2 reasons : 1. Will be something "new" instead of another elf/draenei/uman and 2. They can be some sort of Naga mutation so Tyrande can be useful
    First of all, Sethrak would be a terrible playable race due to how their model is. Secondly, they're too evil lore wise for Alliance to be willing to recruit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Another fact that add possibility for Saberons - Alliance embassy in Gorgrond.
    A what? Is this something new?

7+ Year Old Account
    Understandable, but realistically thinking, do you really believe naga would be an ideal playable race? Armor wouldn't really work on them, it wouldn't look good, and also certain mounts would look wrong with them. If they made two-legged naga, sure, it wouldn't be naga any longer but perhaps then you could see them as a different kind of race. Just like you can differentiate Sethrak and Slith.

- - - Updated - - -

First of all, Sethrak would be a terrible playable race due to how their model is. Secondly, they're too evil lore wise for Alliance to be willing to recruit them.
    Not really we are dealing with 2 factions of Sethrak one is evil and the other follows the Snake Loa wich is the one we are helping so everything is still on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    Not really we are dealing with 2 factions of Sethrak one is evil and the other follows the Snake Loa wich is the one we are helping so everything is still on the table.
    And who helps them?
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

10+ Year Old Account
    Vrykul. Me wants them.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I don't think any race that's a hunter set is a realistic candidate to become playable. That includes saberon and saurok, as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    And who helps them?
    that we do not know we only have some data mined text it not mentioned if its the horde or the alliance, for all we know it could the horde or they can cut them out completely wich would sadden me like I said everything is still on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    And who helps them?
    The Horde, so maybe that dooms them to being the new drogbar. However, with the Alliance invading Zandalar through Vol'dun, there's an opportunity for them to take another path. It's not hard to imagine vulpera hating sethrak so much that, from their perspective, the only good snake is a dead snake.