Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Preach Said All Classes Are Currently Dull Without Azerite Gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tm2z3GQL84

In this video preach discusses his feelings on classes in BFA and hopes that the Azerite gear wont be just % to spell damage. That the gear will change up the gameplay of the classes with meaningful choice. He said that right now in the beta, things are grim and every single spec is Terrible. What are your feelings on the Alpha classes? Will Azerite Armor improve things? It's worrying hearing feedback like this That the classes are all fucked right now and absolutely no indication that Azerite Armor will have interesting gameplay. It might just be netherlight 2.0 rather than what the legiondaries and weapons had. The lack of info on what the armor is is concerning

Do you think all the specs right now are boring or bad? Without good Azerite Trait will you stop playing? From what ive watched, some specs dont seem so bad. Warlocks seem fine, others seem fine with the right talents.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2018-02-12 at 08:36 PM.

I think this depends on what spec you play, and how much of a role that artifact has on certain specs. As an assassination rogue, for example, I won't really lose all that much from getting rid of the Kingslayers other than kingsbane. It's a nice button to have, and it does a lot of damage, but it didn't really change anything drastically about the spec rotationally. Meanwhile, I feel like Outlaw rogues are heavily tied to the Dreadblades, and probably don't feel too good right now without curse and a few other big traits being gone

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    ... everyone I know and everyone on the competitive WoW scene
    I'm sorry... but this is just hilarious... "competitive WoW scene".

WoW hasn't had a "scene" for many years... certainly nothing competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    no offense to you but preach is probably the last person you should rely on as a trustworthy source of WoW analysis, I too have alpha access and everyone I know and everyone on the competitive WoW scene don't agree with most of his blabbering
    i like him for his personality outside of these critical videos and the legacy's. His live streams are fun. i have to wonder tho how his audience would react if ever one of his class videos is negative assuming Azerite gear isnt impactful.

Not just him but some of the more technical players who make community content. im sure theres others

Yes, well, hes also the guy that said arcane was going to be op.

How much or little his opinion actually means aside I think its to be expected that classes are a little bit less fluid without the azerite armor seeing as how we're all going to have it. Did anyone really expect the specs to have tons of depth and complexity and afterwards have Blizzard add more on top with the traits on those armor slots?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Preach analysis LUL

I really like Preach videos, especially the Legacy ones, but that "analysis" seemed kind of pointless. I know it's good to be aware of class changes as early as possible, but this is literally staring at a stack of bricks and complaining that this house looks like crap. NOTHING is even close to finished, Azerite gear is only one among dozens of missing pieces of puzzle. Going for drama right now, with no data whatsoever is sort of clickbaity. Current Alpha is the test run to see how the weakest of players would deal with the leveling content and Preach even did admit that - how can you build any analysis on that?

Blizzard is not going to make an interesting twist by making all classes unplayable and removing everything that made them fun.

Too early to make such judgements.
    Though someone who wants to see that, will do so regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

I don't get your signature. Are you insinuating that no one will get bored and stop playing classic WoW over 2 years? I've been playing since the first day WoW came out and I can guarantee you a vast quantity of people will start getting bored and leaving Classic in under a year's time.

Classic is not designed to be a BfA replacement, it's designed to be a compliment to current WoW.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Would have to play it for myself. Though I imagine a lot of classes are gonna feel dull without artifacts, especially in the early Alpha of the new expansion.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like Preach, but he's very often blind to any aspect of game beside raiding. In some recent BfA video he and Ghosty looked at placeholder minimaps and seriously thought that Blizzard is changing maps. In Legion Alpha he looked at unfinished Suramar, praised that it's nice idea to introduce story quest without and reward... and later whined that Blizz filled the blanks and gave AP as reward for Suramar quests. His videos very often lacks ANY research.. and very often logic, to be honest.

It's obvious that specs are unfinished, int's no brainer. They just give us something to play, right now focus is on levelling zones, they won't even enable 120 level and endgame in few weeks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't exactly give my thoughts when only like 10 people have alpha and even after 11 years no beta ever still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that the Raidd or die guy?

Deleted
    If every spec is terrible,

no spec is terrible.

I can't see how anyone should be surprised if any and all classes in Battle feel a bit dull at first.

For one thing, there's the classic leveling experience in which you replace your gear, lose your tier bonuses, maybe even a legendary.
    Then there's what's to come in Battle where we'll lose everything our Artifact offers, unless baked into the specs baseline, and our legendaries.

As a Fury Warrior, I'll have to contend with a 1m CD on Battle Cry/Recklessness, the loss of increased crit dmg during said ability, and the increased rage generation of my legendaries, just to mention some of the immediate major losses.

That is definitely gonna make life feel a bit slower and probably more dull for a bit, but after knowing we'd lose our Artifacts and other powerful gear for a long while now, that's something I've prepared myself for.

For the time being, I'm seeing Azerite armor as a cocktail of tier bonuses, legendaries, and Artifacts all in one. A few rows of increased dmg, survivability and/or utility, with a juicy bonus at the center which could be reminiscent of a golden trait in the Artifacts or the like. Granted I don't know if that's truly the case but that's the impression I've had so far.

Try playing Legion without all the endgame toys and I'll bet those are pretty dull too in comparison. We've just gotten used to all the endgame fun and will simply have to deal with a batch of meh until we get to 120 and gain the power of Azerite.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tend to believe him. On alpha a bunch of people running around with 5 active spells on 110+
    Also its obvious statement given we lost the artifacts with 4+ usefull traits and 30+ % "talents".

Thats moronic. Doesn't matter if you like it or not almost everything has a competitive scene.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2018-02-12 at 09:23 PM.

Sorry, but I could probably take your post more seriously without that signature. :P

And in today's episode of MMO-Champ logic: "Stop giving feedback, it's unfinished"

Like guys for real, do you know what an alpha is for? It's for giving feedback so that the unfinished things can be finished, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I don't get your signature. Are you insinuating that no one will get bored and stop playing classic WoW over 2 years? I've been playing since the first day WoW came out and I can guarantee you a vast quantity of people will start getting bored and leaving Classic in under a year's time.

Classic is not designed to be a BfA replacement, it's designed to be a compliment to current WoW.
    He's making the allusion that people who play Retail WoW are losers. He always does this on threads about Retail.

Just report him for derailing/trolling and move on (i.e. put him on ignore).