Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    First I want to start of by saying its been great seeing everyone discuss this. While this thread is mostly about Zandalari druids I think a racial shapeshift revamp would be awesome for druids in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    I am trying to tell that when you bring some uniquie flavour to one race+class combo leaving others overboard...(and we all know how Aliance players react when horde get something "cool") well it will bring more anger than fun from the comunity. So if they want create this - they must plan not only race+class combo, but many many of them. At least as promise to create this in future patches. (and this still leave "physical" classes left alone - like warrior, rogue, hunter) wich will lead to more work for the developer team (artist and animation especialy)
    About void - well, void is consuming already so in terms of blood and unholy it's easy. And fire - all types of dark fire and ash (ash chains instead ice chains, ash shield and etc.)
    Okay now I get what your saying. To appease this Alliance community why not add the Wildhammer Dwarves and give them druids. Their land Travel Form can be a ram, their flight Travel Form could be a gryphon. Their Guardian form could be a more grizzly style of bear and their Feral form could be a lynx with all sorts of feather and braided fur on all the forms to really root them into the race fantasy. Giving Worgen a Pack Form (wolf) would also help ease this Alliance animosity.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Glyphs! Introduce Glyphs! Make the nation happy!
    Yes Glyphs are the perfect way to implement these additional forms into the game, I'd love it if I had access to some non-"big butt" bear forms on any race, even the vanilla model is more appealing to me than any off the ass-bears. I don't know why but when they updated the bear model they turned changed them from grizzly bears into black bear anatomy. I want grizzly bear anatomy back! Cats and Wolves have a bunch of various physical structures why is there only one bear model?!

Vanilla Bear

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    it would be really cool and unique to the race... its just that so many of the feral/guardian spells are associated with a bear or a cat in their icons. Tiger's fury, frenzied regen... It would be weird to associate them with anything either than cats/bears, and it would be weird to have them changed just so they can be streamlined for dinos.

That being said, they should just do it lol. Shred/Rake/Rip/Swipe/Thrash still can lend itself to different forms just name-wise, and i just wanna charge shit as a dino :P
    I see what you mean, I don't see a problem with Frenzied Regeneration but Tiger's Fury, and all of the fur abilities for Guardian druid would need a thematic name change but that doesn't seem like it would be a problem because Paladin's already have Summon Charger/Elekk/Sunwalker Kodo

Quote Originally Posted by Joolo View Post
    yeah but in that case no one will play night elf taren or normal troll DRUID anymore xD can you imagine that?
    I'm all for giving them glyphs to change their form or even a class quest to unlock other forms like the sleak cats from Legion or other raptors for trolls or kodos for tauren. Glyphs are highly underappreciated and could be expanded upon immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    Sethrak you traitor have you gone over to the Troll side

OT: I was planning to roll a Zandalari druid any way if they have direhorn forms for bear forms I would be all over that.
    Direhorns would be amazing and the armored ones from MoP as their Incarnation form would be icing on the cake.
    Here are some links to their animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethrak View Post
    Okay now I get what your saying. To appease this Alliance community why not add the Wildhammer Dwarves and give them druids. Their land Travel Form can be a ram, their flight Travel Form could be a gryphon. Their Guardian form could be a more grizzly style of bear and their Feral form could be a lynx with all sorts of feather and braided fur on all the forms to really root them into the race fantasy. Giving Worgen a Pack Form (wolf) would also help ease this Alliance animosity.
    this will work for some time. but sadly then druids will start asking for giving them acces to other races forms. And then paladins, priests and DK will rice their heads to have some uniquie flavour (especialy paladins and priests). We see some of their anger even now when they argue about Tauren, troll (if this happen), and BE "paladins"

Flight/travel are easy because all they do is move. I doubt the combat forms will ever vary from the bear/cat template.

Claw form and Guardian form

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    this will work for some time. but sadly then druids will start asking for giving them acces to other races forms. And then paladins, priests and DK will rice their heads to have some uniquie flavour (especialy paladins and priests). We see some of their anger even now when they argue about Tauren, troll (if this happen), and BE "paladins"
    I know that maybe people will disagree but... so what? we need some faction differences, I think updates should happen across the board, but just because one race gets something really cool doesn't mean that all races, or opposing factions need the same thing. Differences would be good again, instead of red horde and blue horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Flight/travel are easy because all they do is move. I doubt the combat forms will ever vary from the bear/cat template.
    Moving is technically how we attack, anything with claws or anything that can injure someone, could technically do the job, raptors were basically the wolf packs of the Dinosaurs, the way a raptor and a cat hunt isn't all that different, they both prefer to ambush their prey, and Direhorns could be justified to replace the Bear form by way of Direhorns having very tough hides, being a combination of Triceratops and Ankylosaur, and they could just toss their heads around to effectively "maul" their opponents, much like a bull would

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Moving is technically how we attack, anything with claws or anything that can injure someone, could technically do the job, raptors were basically the wolf packs of the Dinosaurs, the way a raptor and a cat hunt isn't all that different, they both prefer to ambush their prey, and Direhorns could be justified to replace the Bear form by way of Direhorns having very tough hides, being a combination of Triceratops and Ankylosaur, and they could just toss their heads around to effectively "maul" their opponents, much like a bull would
    But it's easier to just stick with the cat and bear models with different skins rather than animating other creature models to have the full druid kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    But it's easier to just stick with the cat and bear models with different skins rather than animating other creature models to have the full druid kit.
    Some creatures could easily be given, or already have acceptable animations necessary, for example, a feral druids Pounce is basically just a jump, If an animal can effectively preform the same role as a cat or bear, there is no reason you couldn't have them instead, and also, the cat and bear forms of each race aren't different skins their different models

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well now it will be shitty turtle form.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Moonkin and Guardian forms for Zandalari just dropped on wowhead

Edit; that is definitely not a bear, at least not a species I've ever seen, not a Direhorns though

zandalari best druidforms!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Moonkin and Guardian forms for Zandalari just dropped on wowhead

Edit; that is definitely not a bear, at least not a species I've ever seen, not a Direhorns though
    it is a anklyosaurus in real life, but not something we see in game (i think?) but yeah some people have said turtle but the front legs are the wrong direction for turtle, and also that is a carapace, not a shell.

this but without the tail thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    zandalari best druidforms!
    Indeed, Can't wait for the Feral form, I've personally theorized a saber-toothed Jaguar of sorts, Though if that Guardian Form is any indication, it's gonna be a dinosaur, but with a catlike look

That is the closest we're likely to ever get to playing as an Arrakoa. Man, the Zandalari are way ahead of the other Allied races by far now. Wowza.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it is a anklyosaurus in real life, but not something we see in game (i think?) but yeah some people have said turtle but the front legs are the wrong direction for turtle, and also that is a carapace, not a shell.

this but without the tail thing.
    I did think it looked like a Ankylosaur, but not having a tail kinda put me off

5+ Year Old Account
    Welp fuck it, holy fuck!

I did think it looked like a Ankylosaur, but not having a tail kinda put me off
    It looks like it uses bear skeleton, which makes sense for Guardian animations.

That skeleton lacks bones for long tail, so we got that stub instead.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It looks like it uses bear skeleton, which makes sense for Guardian animations.

That skeleton lacks bones for long tail, so we got that stub instead.
    Well the goblin rig lacks animations for the Vulpera tail so it wouldn't be impossible to add tail animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethrak View Post
    Well the goblin rig lacks animations for the Vulpera tail so it wouldn't be impossible to add tail animations.
    Creature models (which the druid forms are) are currently way less sophisticated than character models (player and NPC races). They could convert bears into the new format and add tail to this form, but looks like they have opted to use the existing skeletons instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Creature models (which the druid forms are) are currently way less sophisticated than character models (player and NPC races). They could convert bears into the new format and add tail to this form, but looks like they have opted to use the existing skeletons instead.
    It still isn't a bear, just moves like one

I hate to be that guy, but damn what the hell are alliance getting again? and do NOT get me wrong, i love that this is happening for horde, and that these forms are awesome (maybe not the dino turtle with no tail, should have the tail plz blizz) but we are talking sheer models here, and the scale broke and tipped to one side..