Poll: What is your opinion on Turalyon?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Turalyon is the classic example of why I won’t ever never roll a Paladin. Just too stupid even for the alliance.

I've hated him since I first read Tides of Darkness. He was introduced as a plot device (with an equally plot device crisis of faith, and the solution somehow made him the strongest paladin ever, because why not) for no other purpose than to replace a better developed and generally far superior character as the commander of the Alliance.
    And years later, he comes back as the leader of a ragtag army of survivors from countless worlds across the cosmos that the Legion has destroyed (yet for some reason it only consists of draenei and a light-infused dreadlord), all the while overshadowing characters that are more interesting than him. Can't have a human not be the figurehead of the Army of the Light, I guess.

I hope he is killed off soon.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-02-23 at 05:39 PM.

He sucks, Alerya is more interesting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I don't care for him. He's just another Human Paladin and they literally killed off Tirion Fordring to make room for him.

He also seems to lack any kind of flavour imo., almost like a cardboard cutout of a Paladin.
    And tbh tirion was pritty meh. And they killed bolvar off to make room for him.

Now bolvar there's a dude you can get behind. Watching him chase hord out of Stormwind keep.... Good times.

He's chricture is also interesting and he's still interesting as the new lich king

Deleted
    I do like him, sister, for he bears purity willing to glass the worlds that stand in way of the Light. Holy man he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Since Turalyon has finally come back, I've seen little else but either complete indifference to him, or just blatant dislike. Clearly blizzard wanted this to be a big moment: the hero coming back with his golden light sword and hero wife to lead the armies of good against evil! But then he came, people saw him, and the general opinion seems to be that he's just bland and lifeless. Nothing fun about him, he's just there. Or as I've seen a few people in the RP community mention: Oh look they took one of the greatest human heroes, tossed him in futuristic space armor and made him use Draenei words while riding on his Elekk.

I've yet to see anyone actually like Turalyon. I've known a few who liked what he used to be in WC2 and the ToD book, but not like this new Legion (and chronicles which retconned a bit) iteration. I've seen no one going "Oh, can't wait to see what he does in BfA". Just a big, vague, "Meh, who cares."

So, do you like Turalyon? If not, why, and do you think there anything they can do to make him more likable as a character?

EDIT: Please don't make this an Alliance vs Horde thing. I'm speaking of Turalyon the character specifically.
    yes, all correct what you wrote. and the answer is: cause blizz writing is shit, since around cata/mop. their lore became 1inch deep. what do you think is the reason why they literally recycled stuff to dead ? they are completely unable to even write the most basics for new chars or lore. metzen is old and lame and leaved, and the rest is as good at writing, as my ass. or in short: lore, chars and story is death in wow. since years. or, when you want, not death, but just made for ppl new to warcraft lore or young kids, or retards.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-02-23 at 05:02 PM.

I don't really care that much.

But the place to bring him back into the story was somewhere in 2.X (The Burning Crusade). I mean, he was lost on Outland...and the Argus inception of him seems kind of contrived.

He is a paladin character that didn't break the Blade of the Fallen prince so he is cool in my book.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

He's a Draenei weeaboo who is your typical religious goof.

"Hey its okay you put my wife in prison I still believe in you!"

Then again that's more a reflection of the fucking awful writing that has plagued this game for years than anything else.

I miss Bolvar... I wish they had made him an alliance leader instead of the new LK/Jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yes, all correct what you wrote. and the answer is: cause blizz writing is shit, since around cata/mop. their lore became 1inch deep. what do you think is the reason why they literally recycled stuff to dead ? they are completely unable to even write the most basics for new chars or lore. metzen is old and lame and leaved, and the rest is as good at writing, as my ass. or in short: lore and story is death in wow. since years.
    I dunno, Legion had some good parts to it. Like the Illidari stuff and many class halls had good quests. Some of the zones were well done as well like Suramar.

And please, when they recycle people get on their ass for recycling, when they make new stuff people get on their ass for not sticking to just WC1-3 stuff. They can't win in that regard.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    He's like Bret Hart in WCW or Raven in WWE.

For me he's a "Lights boyscout"...and tbh imho they really screwed him in Legion with hist voice-over actor. The one from audio book was/is so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    He's like Bret Hart in WCW or Raven in WWE.
    I think I get the Bret Hart part of this... not too sure about the Raven part.

He could've been made much better. I liked him before Legion and that didn't change but it's a waste of potential. On Argus his character seems like "Look I'm here too".

Top quality transmog tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I dunno, Legion had some good parts to it. Like the Illidari stuff and many class halls had good quests. Some of the zones were well done as well like Suramar.

And please, when they recycle people get on their ass for recycling, when they make new stuff people get on their ass for not sticking to just WC1-3 stuff. They can't win in that regard.
    agree a bit to suramar. but you dont see much of their chars. so only talyssra is left. she was ok. but thats it.

class halls: the only thing they did, is take lore, recycle it and go „x is the biggest badass demon ever. protect us, hero.“ IN EVERY FUKIN CLASS HALL QUEST ON EVERY FUKIN CLASS. there wasnt lore. there was existing lore used, to transport ingame stuff. it was MUCH lore fragments, but it was FLAT as hell. quantity over quality.

After WC2 I was expecting a grim veteran over the brainwashed zealot he ended up being.

Illidan should've killed him when he got mindcontrolled by Xera

Honestly, the fact that he is voiced by Travis Willingham is the biggest reason I like the character. If he wasn't, I probably wouldn't care about him at all.

Deleted
    Rhonin and Turalyon should just die for the simple reason of engaging in the boring human male + elven female romance (Rhonin's already dead so I suppose we're already half-way there). Had he not gotten together with Alleria I might have thought differently of him, but as it stands I hate all four of them (Vereesa and Alleria included).