10+ Year Old Account

Who decided to call that Wendy's sauce S'awsome sauce?

I mean yeah I like Wendy's. Its alright. I also like this sauce, but I always feel kinda stupid saying "awesome sauce" out loud.

Just corporate middle age men trying to fit in with the young hip demographic. Business as usual.

It's an older meme, sir, but... well, I don't know if it checks out, actually.

Who is more embarrassed... the person that says awesome sauce out loud? Or the person who is working at Wendy's listening?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Just corporate middle age men trying to fit in with the young hip demographic. Business as usual.
    The sad thing is, the "corporate middle-aged men" were the ones who probably said things like "awesome sauce" when they (my generation) were the younger generation complaining about the "corporate middle-aged men" from our time trying to sound hip and cool to promote and market towards us as kids. lol.

Lol, it is clearly working. They've gotten someone to make a thread on a forum indirectly advertising for Wendy's and the new sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    The sad thing is, the "corporate middle-aged men" were the ones who probably said things like "awesome sauce" when they (my generation) were the younger generation complaining about the "corporate middle-aged men" from our time trying to sound hip and cool to promote and market towards us as kids. lol.
    Nobody is hip forever, the point is that the young hip market buys a lot of things without too much thinking, so a lot of businesses want to appeal to it. This is the most common result.

"Awesome sauce" was a thing people would say around here about... 5-10 years ago? Haven't heard the phrase in a while.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Stoopid Aik View Post
    Lol, it is clearly working. They've gotten someone to make a thread on a forum indirectly advertising for Wendy's and the new sauce.
    Basically. I kinda want to try it now!

Matters not, Rocket Sauce > Awesome sauce.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Well, it at least got people talking about it, so I guess there is that.

Called marketing. And I actually love the sauce tbh, reminds me of Zaxby's back in the day.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Please post a article on this so we have something to discuss. Otherwise this is pretty pointless thread.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Marketing department I would imagine.

Peace

Deleted
    I figure they base the naming of their products on the types of customers they get.