Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Sounds like it wasn't anything we didn't already know.
    Eh, this basically laid out that at least some members of the campaign were aware of russian interference and knew that the russians had hillary's emails and not just didn't notify the FBI, but courted the overtures. Don't think that's ever been announced except through anonymous sources as opposed to officially.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Nah, remember the DM’s about the Trump Tower meeting?
    Jr denied that they ever received anything at that meeting. This doesn't refute that specifically, but basically says the agreement was to release them through a cutout, instead of giving it directly to their campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

How long until Nume's releases his Response Memo to the Democratic Response Memo to his Original Memo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s an official release that shows they were at least aware of the possibility of collusion and were interested in getting it going. You said we only had anonymously sourced information before the memo.
    Exactly. In an alternate universe where facts mattered it would at least setup the grounds for the investigation to those who have been calling it a "nothingburger" for months.The memo is unlikely to change opinions in this universe though causes feels > reals.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

We really don’t know much about Mueller’s investigation. The exchange and Trump Tower meeting may well be major factors.
    Indeed, Mueller's investigation is a black box.

There are a few choice people who know what is inside that black box.

Google "Ben Garrison Mueller" to see the insight of one of them.
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

10+ Year Old Account

Nunes says Demos are colluding with...the US government.

His last statement, which the Dem memo makes to it being false, is why there is an investigation in the first place. Except its the Trump admin getting info from...an unfriendly foreign nation to use against another campaign. How do we know this, because Trump not only did urge Russia to hack Clinton's emails, the Trump campaign was at least willing to listen to political dirt against another campaign FROM RUSSIANS. Dems should be like (which we know is false anyway), yeah they domestically obtained dirt on another campaign but the sitting President's campaign used Russians to get their information. One is a slap on the wrists, the other warrants an investigation. Help to figure out which is which.

- - - Updated - - -

We really don’t know much about Mueller’s investigation. The exchange and Trump Tower meeting may well be major factors.
    We know he is investigating a paper trail of Russian money and influence seeming its way into the American political environment, namely the Trump campaign. Money motivates the deviant, so if you follow their money you uncover their crimes to obtain said money. All of Mueller's indictments point back to Russian money finding its way into the hands those conducting political business.

Quote Originally Posted by Putricide View Post
    Google "Ben Garrison Mueller" to see the insight of one of them.
    First hit: r/theDonald.

Shocker.

Ooh boy he draws some awful shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Putricide View Post
    How long until Nume's releases his Response Memo to the Democratic Response Memo to his Original Memo?
    He already did, almost immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    We know, generally speaking, what he’s investigating. We don’t know any real details about what he’s found or what is being used as evidence in cases he’s building against these criminals.
    I'm not sure what you're getting at because it seems pretty clear to me but here's a brief summary of everything thats happened so far.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/u...n-charges.html

Some of the things we've learned from the new memo (including some we knew, but now confirmed):

* The surveillance of Carter Page happened after he left the Trump campaign
    * All four judges who approved the FISA and its 3 renewals were Republican appointees
    * The FBI had already been investigating the Russia/Trump connection for seven weeks before they got the Steele dossier
    * The FBI was already investigating a redacted number Trump campaign members at the time! (4 or 5?)
    * The FBI corroborated parts of the Steele dossier when when they renewed the FISA on Carter Page! Which parts unfortunately redacted.
    * The Page surveillance resulted in useful information, which was submitted in the FISA renewals
    * The source of the Steele funding was not personally unmasked, but was explicitly pointed out that they were researching to discredit Trump's campaign
    * The FBI never paid Steele
    * The Yahoo/Isikoff article wasn't used to corroborate the Steele dossier, but to put Page's public meetings denials on record

That's just my first pass. A lot is redacted.
    Devin Nunes straight-up lied.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    First hit: r/theDonald.

Shocker.

Ooh boy he draws some awful shit.

Jesus, I went to his website and its like alex jones and breitbart had a cartoon drawing baby.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Some of the things we've learned from the new memo (including some we knew, but now confirmed):

* The surveillance of Carter Page happened after he left the Trump campaign
    * All four judges who approved the FISA and its 3 renewals were Republican appointees
    * The FBI had already been investigating the Russia/Trump connection for seven weeks before they got the Steele dossier
    * The FBI was already investigating a redacted number Trump campaign members at the time! (4 or 5?)
    * The FBI corroborated parts of the Steele dossier when when they renewed the FISA on Carter Page! Which parts unfortunately redacted.
    * The Page surveillance resulted in useful information, which was submitted in the FISA renewals
    * The source of the Steele funding was not personally unmasked, but was explicitly pointed out that they were researching to discredit Trump's campaign
    * The FBI never paid Steele
    * The Yahoo/Isikoff article wasn't used to corroborate the Steele dossier, but to put Page's public meetings denials on record

That's just my first pass. A lot is redacted.
    Devin Nunes straight-up lied.
    I'm shocked, positively shocked, that Nunes, Republican legislators (mostly), and conservative media would lie and run with such a transparently dishonest narrative.

: |

So shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Jesus, I went to his website and its like alex jones and breitbart had a cartoon drawing baby.
    Yeah, Ben Garrison's political satire takes are usually recycled far-right talking points through a Paleo-Conservative lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    You know one of his nicknames? Zyklon Ben (yeah, like Zyklon b, the pesticide used to genocide the european jews, among many other people, like catholics, gays, slavs, etc).
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2018-02-25 at 05:59 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    You know one of his nicknames? Zyklon Ben (yeah, like Zyklon b, the pesticide used to genocide the european jews, among many other people, like catholics, gays, slavs, etc).
    I looked this up and the internetz are saying this was from people editing his cartoons and turning him into a meme. Did I get that right or is there more to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, that's evidence in cases he's already built. Not cases he's building. There's a difference. And it's a big one.
    Gotcha. I personally think his guideline is the Trump Tower meeting with the Russians, prosecuting those in charge and any connections that might pop up along the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    You think wrong. His guideline is finding ANY evidence of criminal activity through his investigation into Russian meddling and bring charges.
    We're basically saying the same thing. Maybe instead of guildline I should have said anchor point? Catalyst? Of course he is looking for any and all incidences of criminal activity but needs something to define the scope of his investigation. Somewhere to begin or end.