Question So... did we ever find out what [Detection] was for?

Aside from using it in that one 5-man dungeon?

You know; the Vault of the Wardens boss that forces you to use one spell that will quadruple it's cooldown or whatever? I find it hard to believe they added it solely for that.

Secrets? Hidden items? Did anyone [Detect] anything?

Deleted
    There's the Survivor's Bag of Coins that I know of.

It just triggers the animation of the old Find Traps ability. Nothing more.

And yes, people actually asked for that to be re-added to the game. Go look up "swirly ball".

I use it on the Inquisitor Boss in VotW to get rid of his ability lock.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It just triggers the animation of the old Find Traps ability. Nothing more.

And yes, people actually asked for that to be re-added to the game. Go look up "swirly ball".
    This. The old Rogue community wanted our Swirly Ball back.

Here's an original thread about the removal of Swirly Ball. https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/3010464633

It does apply 5 levels of Invisibility Detection, the same as Extra-Dimensional Ghost Revealer. Great for finding sneaky marmots.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Aside from using it in that one 5-man dungeon?

You know; the Vault of the Wardens boss that forces you to use one spell that will quadruple it's cooldown or whatever? I find it hard to believe they added it solely for that.

Secrets? Hidden items? Did anyone [Detect] anything?
    ... i didn't realize we had rogues that never knew of the swirly ball.

Detection was an old skill used to detect hidden things in vanilla, mainly hunter traps in pvp. It was made into a passive skill rather than an activated one and many rogues had certain views on the activated skill. Eventually they made it into what it is now and it's little more than a toy effect.

That's what detection is... a swirly ball animation many players got attached to.

Deleted
    man, that's why we need classic, to bring back the quality old vanilla memes

Deleted
    It's used in the Dragon Soul legendary Rogue daggers questline too, at one point. If I remember right!