Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The only thing that should be delayed is your ability to post threads.
    No expansion should be delayed ever for any reason. Just because you don't like the state of something doesn't mean it won't change during the expansion. Look at legion month one compared to it now.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    It should take as long as needed to be a quality product.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Not always. Fucking ME Andromeda was 5 years in development and what we got?
    Something that probably would've been remembered a lot more favourably had it taken six. As Miyamoto once said, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Something that probably would've been remembered a lot more favourably had it taken six. As Miyamoto once said, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
    Oh its not only graphics. Story was REALLY stupid. You can't fix it with time and patches.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Don't see how they're damaging the lore. Lore is by definition an always growing, changing thing.
    They were introduced and hinted at with Alleria, so I wasn't surprised.
    Not the first time, remember the pandaren?
    Wasn't he basically thrown out of office long before the xpac ended?
    I'm assuming you play Alliance, which race do you think you're having to earn again?
    Dark Iron Dwarves who technically joined Alliance back in Cataclysm.

Look in my eyes Allied Races should have been character creation options not "NEW" races and used as expansion sell point.

I mean the only reason an expansion should be delayed is if its broken / not finished. Because some players don't like a feature or direction the game is going shouldnt ever matter.. I mean.. if that was the case nothing would ever release ever..

Not always. Fucking ME Andromeda was 5 years in development and what we got?

No new races from the scratch. Also will fuck up already fucked lore.
    Void Elves?
    People i helped joined my enemies?
    Orcs from alternative universe that already have their own warchief?
    We work to get race we already have story wise?

Now its PERSONAL!!!
    You just like to bitch, dont you?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh its not only graphics. Story was REALLY stupid. You can't fix it with time and patches.

Look in my eyes Allied Races should have been character creation options not "NEW" races and used as expansion sell point.
    If they were added in a patch, like many new allied races will be, you'd just complain that it shouldn't be a patch sell point.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

The classes are fine. They aren't changing but a couple specs. What a dumb thread; it should be released when the content is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The only half that matters.
    the one with shitty architects, got it.

If they TRUELY cared about classes being unique and functioning in most situations appropriately they could make it happen in a month or two - it's just not a high priority for them. Who cares if some specs simply have no button that makes any sense in dungeons, when huge trash packs are pulled and die within 7 seconds? Or if fights demand high burst and high movement at the same time and your class can only do either? Blizzard knows these problems - but they simply do not care enough.

I'm far more concerned of the dire state of the Alliance vs Horde theme than class mechanics. Watch a video of the Alpha....Zandalar is so much superior to Kul'tiras in almost every aspect that even comparing them seems like a silly thing to even start with. All of the lore that will be carried further in raids and beyond the expansion happens in Zandalar. None of it in Kul'tiras. Zandalari vs Dark Iron is the next big shitshow. Dark iron would have been a mediocre niche-race to begin with...but them having already been a part of the Alliance for more than 7 years and then being put up against Zandalari...? That's just a brutal slap to the face.

But none of these issues could be fixed by delaying the expansion. It's just a very flawed concept from the get go.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-02-25 at 04:14 PM.

Dark irons joined the Alliance in Cataclysm the same way the Dunemaul ogres have been members of the Horde for the whole game. You have a named leader and a couple friendly npcs in one or two towns who don't even have their own rep. That's a far cry from a full faction and/or a playable class.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Dark irons joined the Alliance in Cataclysm the same way the Dunemaul ogres have been members of the Horde for the whole game. You have a named leader and a couple friendly npcs in one or two towns who don't even have their own rep. That's a far cry from a full faction and/or a playable class.
    This is just not true. Sorry. In Cataclysm playable Dwarves received Mages+Warlocks AND and new skin option (dark with red eyes...) because Dark Iron officially joined the Alliance. Your comparison is shit. Show me the Horde race that received playable classes and an ogre skin in the past.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Why are people asking if a game should be a delayed without having any behind the scenes information long before an expansion is even supposed to be released?

That sounds like a separate issue then. I'm talking about things that are obviously unfinished and lacking in polish. ME:A would've certainly been better received if it didn't suffer from so many visual and animation issues. Some elements of design are subjective and difficult to evaluate, but others can very directly be improved upon with more development time. Since we're talking about WoW specifically, we've seen a number of instances in which expansions/patches have launched with unfinished content, WoD being the biggest and most obvious example.

i see the complain about early alpha has started
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    This is just not true. Sorry. In Cataclysm playable Dwarves received Mages+Warlocks AND and new skin option (dark with red eyes...) because Dark Iron officially joined the Alliance. Your comparison is shit. Show me the Horde race that received playable classes and an ogre skin in the past.
    Pretty much this ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Lots of groups have officially joined the various factions. They usually, like I said have a named leader. And they usually, like I said, have next to no presence among the faction outside their native areas. How many Dunemaul ogres do you see outside Dustwallow, how many Revantusks outside Hinterlands, how many of those furbolds on Azuremyst outside Azuremyst? All technically members of their respective factions, but a very very minor presence. The dark irons are simply the first ones to become playable.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

why would it be? The game is well on it's way to be finished, there are alpha patches being thrown every other week or so and constant changes happening.

People for some fucking reason think Alphas are supposed to work like the live game, have no bugs, have no changes reverted, no trial and error. I'm hardly a Blizz defender (quite the contrary) but people are actually being incredibly stupid about the alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be canceled. Allied Races will become next cancer of this game like LFG and catch up system.
    Lmao is this sarcasm or are you just stupid? How is Allied Races have any impact on the game besides a cosmetic addition? LFG and Catch up mechanics keep the game up. Without it, I don't think anybody would come back to Legion

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Should BfA's release date be delayed if classes are not in a respectable state by September? Legion's classes were rushed out of the gate and most classes never recovered as the expansion went on. In fact, some got worse.

I'd rather wait another few months and have BfA released at the end of the year or the start of next year to maximise the probability of classes being respectable. Because with a September release that seems unlikely. And there's little hope of the classes being fixed throughout BfA.
    I am sorry but that's your OPINION. In my opinion, and many others, most of the speccs in legion were fun and fresh. There were some broken ones, but that's what you get when you revamp 36 speccs, you will get 20 good ones, 8 ok ones, and 8 bad ones. How is that different though than ANY other expansion, aside from MoP maybe? And classes will be fine, people are overreacting.