Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Explain how Lightforged / Highmountain / Zandalari / Dark Iron / Void Elves / Nightborne are new race. All i see is reskin with tweaked model and new hairstyle/horn/hoof/eyes.
    OK and this is bad because?

It's what we were asking for since forever.

I swear there is always this salty guy or two who can't just stand anything Blizzard does even if it's overwhelmingly positively received.

Explain how Lightforged / Highmountain / Zandalari / Dark Iron / Void Elves / Nightborne are new race. All i see is reskin with tweaked model and new hairstyle/horn/hoof/eyes.

Like i said they affect already butchered Lore. Allied Races = No new races because last time Blizzard made new race was MoP. Only ONE race that was available for BOTH factions. Last time when Blizzard made two new races one per for faction was Cataclysm.

I understand people were waiting for sub races. But we were waiting for ogres / vrykyl / arrakoa and others - races that we DIDN'T have as playable. What we got is just reskins of races we already have with few different character creation options.

You can believe Allied Races is great now. But time will pass and when Blizzard instead of new fresh race made from scrath will give you another reskin you will understand what i mean.
    What were you expecting for SUB races? Hint, none of the races you listed are sub races. And it doesn't mean we'll never get new allied races. They're a gimmick for BFA, but that doesn't mean 100% we won't get full races down the line.

Either way my point is that allied races whem compared to something like lfg/gear catch up systems is apples to oranges, because races are mostly cosmetic aside from small racial bonuses and not things that will largely affect the dynamic of the game like the other two. Not liking them is fine, pretending they could have the same impact as lfg on the community or catchup mechanics on making previous raids/content irrelvant too soon is silly.

No amount of delaying will fix it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    OK and this is bad because?

It's what we were asking for since forever.

I swear there is always this salty guy or two who can't just stand anything Blizzard does even if it's overwhelmingly positively received.
    Yes its bad because it too fucking hilarious call it Allied Race and make it different race. It should have been character creation additional options. Like seriously since fucking when FAT and THIN humans should be counted as DIFFERENT RACE?! Or brown orcs. Or Taurens with different horns?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    What were you expecting for SUB races? Hint, none of the races you listed are sub races. And it doesn't mean we'll never get new allied races. They're a gimmick for BFA, but that doesn't mean 100% we won't get full races down the line.
    People were asking Ogres and Vrykul as sub races as long as i remember.

Knowing Blizzard and how they like to abuse things to justify their laziness and indifference i'm doubt we will seen really NEW races anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes its bad because it too fucking hilarious call it Allied Race and make it different race. It should have been character creation additional options. Like seriously since fucking when FAT and THIN humans should be counted as DIFFERENT RACE?!
    So, Alliance Void Elves would be a customization of?

Horde Nightborne would be a customization of?

Hurr? Them being separate allied races allows them to not depend on core model and allows them to be part of faction they would not be part of naturally.

That's one significant benefit. I, as Alliance player, am glad I have access to BE model which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Should BfA's release date be delayed if classes are not in a respectable state by September? Legion's classes were rushed out of the gate and most classes never recovered as the expansion went on. In fact, some got worse.

I'd rather wait another few months and have BfA released at the end of the year or the start of next year to maximise the probability of classes being respectable. Because with a September release that seems unlikely. And there's little hope of the classes being fixed throughout BfA.
    I suspect we can rest assured that Blizzard can make this call as necessary.

Despite the rantings of a minority from one expansion to the next, WoW seems to be doing okay for a game over 10 years old.

Wouldn't you have to know some basic information, such as the release date, to make such a claim?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    This whole topic seems a bit overly hypothetical.

Did the OP miss that it's still february and the date is currently set for september?
    +1 . , its still in Alpha, and ur "perfect" is some1 else's "crap"

10+ Year Old Account
    People were asking Ogres and Vrykul as sub races as long as i remember.

Knowing Blizzard and how they like to abuse things to justify their laziness and indifference i'm doubt we will seen really NEW races anymore.
    And allied races framework allows introduction of these much easier than the previously required spectacle of a chunk of expansion being built around them or a bloody whole expansion in case of Pandaren.

Seems like a potentially good way to reconcile between Blizzard "laziness" and your desires.

I think you simply don't see the potential behind the allied races.

Deleted
    It should be canceled. Allied Races will become next cancer of this game like LFG and catch up system.
    How exactly? It's just like transmog - doesn't affect anybody who's not interested in them one bit. If you're a human rogue or undead warlock since 2004 and don't want a gilded goat alt or whatever the fuck, nobody's forcing you.

Unless you're in some sort of a competitive environment like top 100 mythic guild or pushing Glad season after season - and thus pissed about having to (or, "having to") FOTM reroll in the expansion... but let's face it, anyone that serious about the game does that without batting a lash anyway, and always has.

Pretty much every race in the entire game is a new model on an existing animation skeleton, and more customization options is what many have been asking for. I'm happy with my NB but wish they had more custom animations. The others? Meh. I'm not as angry at them as you are, but they could have done more. I'm reserving judgment until I see more of them come out beyond what was announced.

Deleted
    For one half of players. Not cool bro not cool.
    Hairless pandares will save the Alliance tho.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    Pretty much every race in the entire game is a new model on an existing animation skeleton, and more customization options is what many have been asking for. I'm happy with my NB but wish they had more custom animations. The others? Meh. I'm not as angry at them as you are, but they could have done more. I'm reserving judgment until I see more of them come out beyond what was announced.
    You miss the difference between introducing Void Elves/Highmountain in BFA and Dranei/Blood Elves back in TBC. Se what i'm talking about?

And allied races framework allows introduction of these much easier than the previously required spectacle of a chunk of expansion being built around them or a bloody whole expansion in case of Pandaren.

Seems like a potentially good way to reconcile between Blizzard "laziness" and your desires.

I think you simply don't see the potential behind the allied races.
    What potential? Reusing same races and same skeletons? Yea sure.

So, Alliance Void Elves would be a customization of?

Horde Nightborne would be a customization of?

Hurr? Them being separate allied races allows them to not depend on core model and allows them to be part of faction they would not be part of naturally.

That's one significant benefit. I, as Alliance player, am glad I have access to BE model which I like.
    So you agree that its not NEW races but just excuses to give Alliance race to Horde players and vice versa?

I hope we get even more allied races. They are an amazing addition to the game. If you don't like 'em, don't play 'em. More customization is always good. We've been asking for sub-races for a LONG time. Blizzard just gave us a better version with Allied Races. Mag'har Orcs, Dark Iron and Zandalari are looking amazing. It's sad that people get so angry over that but whatever, Blizzard won't listen to trolls anyway.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Considering they have a lot more complete than you think, they only spoon feed content in the Alpha. On a side note the classes will NEVER be balanced, so play the FoM and be happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    As you'll see in one of my other posts I mentioned that some classes are getting 1 ability back + 1 raid buff.

Then they're removing other baseline abilities and making them talents like Shadow Word: Death.

I've done my research mate. Go and check Wowhead. Arms lost its Artifact ability(which was boring) and gained Overpower BACK. Which was previously pruned. No net gain.

It's but one spec.

Go and watch some youtube footage and tell me the specs play well without Artifacts. Go on.

- - - Updated - - -

No one here is talking about balance.

We're talking about pruning and actual feel of specs. Are they fun to play?

Blizzard has always been horrendous at balancing.

Who gives a fuck about numbers if your spec doesn't function properly without an Artifact..... Because they were gutted in Legion and designed wholly around the Artifact.

- - - Updated - - -

They apparently have the biggest team they've ever had and still can't deliver an acceptable content drought.

I hope everyone enjoys grinding the bland, boring and uninspired content on Argus for 7 months.

People still believe that the further pruning / removal of abilities is fake news. Which makes no sense when people could spend the 1 minute it takes to actually go onto Wowhead and look it up, but there you have it. If these people seriously think it isn't happening, then I for one will be delighted to read the rants when reality finally hits in July or whenever pre-patch lands and people realise that FOR A THIRD TIME, that their cultish mantra of "It's only Alpha!", "Beta will fix it!", "It's Beta, this won't go Live!" has been proven wrong yet again.

Every Reddit thread on r/wow is being downvoted if it asks about classes - and the comments in these threads being upvoted are the comments saying that artifact abilities / traits are being made baseline. THIS IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE.

The time to speak up and raise hell about classes is NOW.

Deleted

So you agree that its not NEW races but just excuses to give Alliance race to Horde players and vice versa?
    I wish it was. Unfortunely, those 2 are the exceptions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Except that Void Elves are just a Blood Elf with emo hair and grey skin. Exact same model, animations.. everything.

They're a ret-conned race pulled out of Allerias asshole for the sole purpose of laziness and giving Alliance High Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

The only exceptions are Zandalari and Nightborne.

Whilst they are still lazy - at least they have a new model and reportedly Zandalari may have a few new animations.

They still both use 90% Night Elf assets though.
    I meant about giving models to the opposite faction. I wish they did that because that way at least everyone would have a semblance of a new race/s to play. Things like lightforged, orcs, highmountain and iron dwarfs are things that could just be added to the existing character creation options of those existing races.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Should BfA's release date be delayed if classes are not in a respectable state by September? Legion's classes were rushed out of the gate and most classes never recovered as the expansion went on. In fact, some got worse.

I'd rather wait another few months and have BfA released at the end of the year or the start of next year to maximise the probability of classes being respectable. Because with a September release that seems unlikely. And there's little hope of the classes being fixed throughout BfA.
    Then nothing will ever be released because there is always someone who doesn't like the new changes or hates what the class was before the changes.