Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You have to remember the game was made back in 2004 so its very outdated. This game was made when Windows XP was still a new system. In that time, they have updated pretty much everything in the game and fixed many security flaws. Going back to this old core of the game is extremely risky because its very outdated and they will need to go back through every patch and add these security patches into the game before it can be released. Blizzard would not release a version of the game that is not secure. Wont happen. This would be very time consuming going back through all the code of the game. I can't see Classic coming out until late 2019.

An example of how outdated the system is: When TBC patch came out, EVERYONE had their friends lists wiped. This was because the code of the game needed to be updated to add the new expansion. This flaw was fixed and it has never happened again but this flaw would still be current in vanilla and need to be fixed before its released. I can just imagine the backlash if this happened in the current game and everyone lost their friends list.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    And classes are very well balanced in vanilla, even more so than in later expansions.
    are you on crack? lets see at the end of vanilla when it was believed to be the most "balanced" you had :
    PVE: Warrior the only true tank
    Mages, rogues and warriors the top dps by a significant margin
    Hunters were only brought for pull and tranq shot
    Locks brought for 2 curses to buff the warriors, rogues and mages
    Could your class heal.....well you better get good at that cause you are not doing anything else.
    PVP: Rogues and warriors were unstoppable in group PVP
    Druid was the only viable flag carrier, you having one and the other team not meant game over
    3 minute mages would one shot you
    Demo lock could 1v1 anyone

There is your balance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    They are not "a bit worse". They are doing less than half the DPS of real DPS classes. That is literally shit tier.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure that solution works fine for you but it doesn't work for Blizzard. If they launch a game that 99% of people don't want to play, then that's what's known in the business world as a failed product.
    99% eh? Based on what?

You do realize vanilla is a thing because a massive amount of people have been asking for it for years and since they have been ignored, were playing on private "vanilla" servers. If your 99% is even remotely true (which, anyone with common sense knows is complete BS) then how would they have thrived and had such massive sub numbers?!
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by skidfromsteamwheedlecarte View Post
    I see in vanilla wow community stating that they want classic to not be touched as it gives a true "vanilla experience"
    You guys are joking, right?
    Nope... not joking.

There are many bugs in the game that were not intended, yet it gave an illusion to the players that it was a mechanic blizzard wanted.
    I'm fine with bugs being brought over as well... and fixed in patches just like it was back then.

If you want true vanilla experience, that means no class balance, either? Yea good luck with that.
    Correct NO class balance. You played a class then because it was your class fantasy to do so... yep some of them sucked in that they were not "balanced"... but it did not stop people from playing them because they enjoyed playing the class.

I am pro for changes for classic realms, such changes are only for life improvements.
    Quality of life "improvements" has diminished the game significantly. For intance: No guild banks, small bags, reagents, keeping offset gear in inventory... all made bag space important, and made you choose what to keep, what to vendor and what to discard. Maybe you don't like that, but it was "real" in the sense that the fantasy meant you had limitd space and had to make those decisions... some people want to hurry up and go slash a few more monsters and have unlimited bag space... but that is indeed one of the reasons the game has gotten so dumbed down.

Buffing whole raid every couple of mins? No thanks.
    Part of the game then... made the attempts more important rather than the insta-re-attempt there is now that really just demeans the encounter.

Running 5 min From a long distance graveyard to the corpse? Nope.
    Totally disagree... yeah it sucked to die back then... so guess what? You were more careful... dying has SOME level of cost to it.. .now no one gives a crap about dying... and thus they just bang their heads against a wall to brute force through a section of the game rather than using skill, thought, and strategy.

Small things that are annoying should be improved.
    Absolutely not. Everything should be kept the exact same. You want the improved version? You already have that. What you really want is the CONTENT of vanilla brought to current WoW... and that just isn't going to happen.
    Last edited by Maudib; 2018-03-19 at 02:59 PM.

I am all for old school Vanilla.

I want to have Poison Stacks and the Poison making profession on my Rogue,
    I want to have to come up with weird talent choices to make my Enhance Shammy viable
    I want to make Ret work
    I liked that Hybrids were tough to play well in their "Ban Specs"
    I fell in love with Druids in Vanilla, and also Saw a high lvl priest running around the Barrnes and Dotting everything in the planet and it ticking down dead in a few ticks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Absolutely not. Everything should be kept the exact same. You want the improved version? You already have that. What you really want is the CONTENT of vanilla brought to current WoW... and that just isn't going to happen.
    or maybe that is exactly what is going to happen.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    or maybe that is exactly what is going to happen.
    Ha ha... good luck with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha ha... good luck with that.
    expecting blizzard to do a 100% about face on everything they have done, their core values, their design philosophy since the merger (10 years ago this year) is an uphill argument. the most obvious, likely outcome is they heavily retail-ize classic.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

expecting blizzard to do a 100% about face on everything they have done, their core values, their design philosophy since the merger (10 years ago this year) is an uphill argument. the most obvious, likely outcome is they heavily retail-ize classic.
    Blizzard's core value is making money with as little work as possible. Standing up old server code is far easier than incorporate content that was removed years ago with Cataclysm. I know you would like so badly to troll it a different way, but it just isn't going to happen that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    are you actually being serious? it isn't clear.

they are going to run this on their current engine. the only question is what new features they turn on or off.

Let's get real - Bli$$ard will fuck up classic servers with their QOL "improvements" then go "LOL SEE!! NO ONE LIKES VANILLA WOW LOL BFA IS BETTER!"

also as someone who plays on private classic servers a ton I will say that some specs are more viable then people previously thought.

are you actually being serious? it isn't clear.

they are going to run this on their current engine. the only question is what new features they turn on or off.
    Not a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    Let's get real - Bli$$ard will fuck up classic servers with their QOL "improvements" then go "LOL SEE!! NO ONE LIKES VANILLA WOW LOL BFA IS BETTER!"

also as someone who plays on private classic servers a ton I will say that some specs are more viable then people previously thought.
    I too get my WoW fix privately. And yes, Blizzard could screw up a two car funeral.

Deleted
    I see in vanilla wow community stating that they want classic to not be touched as it gives a true "vanilla experience"

There are many bugs in the game that were not intended, yet it gave an illusion to the players that it was a mechanic blizzard wanted.

If you want true vanilla experience, that means no class balance, either? Yea good luck with that.

I am pro for changes for classic realms, such changes are only for life improvements.

Yes and please add LFR, dungeon finder and flying mounts then we got all the "good" stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

I too get my WoW fix privately. And yes, Blizzard could screw up a two car funeral.
    but they won't screw up classic release?

We're going to have some aspects from live servers now on the vanilla ones. The game client and interface has changed so much since the initial launch of the game to the point where they can't make it how it was.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

but they won't screw up classic release?
    Them screwing up release is completely possible... them using the new engine or making any real changes to Vanilla... not gonna happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sweatshopkids View Post
    We're going to have some aspects from live servers now on the vanilla ones. The game client and interface has changed so much since the initial launch of the game to the point where they can't make it how it was.
    The only thing that will be different is the launcher... because it didn't exist back then. Behind the scenes changes like calls to servers and such must change, but that has no effect on the game itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Them screwing up release is completely possible... them using the new engine or making any real changes to Vanilla... not gonna happen.
    is bold speculation or factual knowledge?

10+ Year Old Account

Do you know the game Red Alert 2? I still play that game time to time to this day. If you have no idea about that game let me give you few tips:
    Game is extremely unbalanced yet so much fun to play.
    Because you can't understand doesn't mean people would not like classic as it is.
    A very cool signature text.

is bold speculation or factual knowledge?
    Yes and yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and yes.
    how much has the topic of accessibilizing classic, even to 3.0 levels, come up? You have seen the blue posts talking about feelings and classic means something different for everyone. these aren't the blue posts of a company planning on a literal classic release.

why are blue posts talking feelings and changes and qol features?