Jeepers Creepers 3

So I'm watching Jeepers Creepers 3 and it is not good. I don't understand why nobody has thought to call in the military to take care of the bastard yet. Cut it into pieces and send it to opposite corners of the earth.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Yah I love horror movies, even the bad ones and that one wasn't good ..
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Deleted
    I can watch most horror movies and find something redeemable about them...
    but i can say; this one wasn't "just not good", it was actually pretty bad.

None of the characters really made much sense to me... Not that much in the sense of doing stupid things, but more in the sense of being one-dimensional and boring.
    There's a lot of them; and those that get any development what-so-ever end up dead in the most stupid ways possible.

As for the military:
    The damn thing shows up for 23 days every 23 years... by the time the military rolls in it's long gone and goes the way of bigfoot. Besides there were those hunters who tried to take it down with a machine gun and it didn't end that well.

Ugh.

The first movie was great - I enjoyed it a lot. The second wasn't as engaging but still managed to capture some of the charm of the original. The third, though? It's just a mess - there's far too many characters, so most don't get any real development and it just feels disjointed.

A lot of horror movies are better as one hit wonders, I feel. Sequels just don't seem to pack the same punch and risk straying too far away from what made the predecessor great in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So I'm watching Jeepers Creepers 3 and it is not good. I don't understand why nobody has thought to call in the military to take care of the bastard yet. Cut it into pieces and send it to opposite corners of the earth.
    I enjoyed the first one, the second one was OK. I assume by these responses that I should steer clear of the 3rd one.

Horror is the most stale genre there is, there hasn't been an original idea in like 30 years. And if its title is followed by a 2 or 3, it's even worse.

Those movies are 6A4EVR.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Sage89 View Post
    I enjoyed the first one, the second one was OK. I assume by these responses that I should steer clear of the 3rd one.
    Yes, yes you should. My brother and I watched it on Netflix cause we love the series and this was just hard to watch. The CG wasn't that good in the first half of the movie but it became Sharknado quality in the second half. Characters were dumb, all of them throw away, and the Creeper has turned into a joke version of himself. 1/10 only because they somewhat expanded on the Creeper and his truck (that's alive?).
    There's someone in my head, but it's not me - Pink Floyd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Horror is the most stale genre there is, there hasn't been an original idea in like 30 years. And if its title is followed by a 2 or 3, it's even worse.
    Huh? The VVitch, Babdook, and It follows came in the past 30 years along with some other good ones with none of the aforementioned having sequels so I dunno what you're talking about other than the Insidious series which are just meh.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    wait there was a Jeepers Creepers 3? They were sure quiet about that. I actually liked the first one
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Huh? The VVitch, Babdook, and It follows came in the past 30 years along with some other good ones with none of the aforementioned having sequels so I dunno what you're talking about other than the Insidious series which are just meh.
    Insidious is a good one that comes to mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    wait there was a Jeepers Creepers 3? They were sure quiet about that. I actually liked the first one
    it's on netflix

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Was looking forward to Jeepers Creepers 3, but when I watched it I swear to god I almost fell asleep, it was awful. They big up some knowledge on what the creeper is and stuff and then decide naaa we're gonna make you wait until the next one until you see anything good. Terrible film, even for filler.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Was looking forward to Jeepers Creepers 3, but when I watched it I swear to god I almost fell asleep, it was awful. They big up some knowledge on what the creeper is and stuff and then decide naaa we're gonna make you wait until the next one until you see anything good. Terrible film, even for filler.
    They made the monster look very fake in this one. He was way more convincing in the other 2.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Jeepers Creepers 3 is it really that awful? gonna watch it this weekend how about Hills have eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    A lot of horror movies are better as one hit wonders, I feel. Sequels just don't seem to pack the same punch and risk straying too far away from what made the predecessor great in the first place.
    Depends on if its just a cashgrab or done with creative people that have enough money and time.

How does Victor Salva still have a job in the entertainment industry?

10+ Year Old Account
    I turned that shit off after maybe 20 mins. It was garbage.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Damn... after the trailer I had some hope it could be good! Loved the first one!

5+ Year Old Account
    The director of it is a convicted pedophile is he not?