Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why do so many players hate demonic build ?

I'm a casual player not some Uber guy but I play with a lot of high-end people in my guild I've got three demon Hunters that are i970+ geared and they all say how much they hate demonic but have to play it.

And I pug raids with other super high-end demon hunters and I've heard similar things I've asked them about demonic and they say yeah it's to go to play style today but not a fan.

I seem to hear that quite often lately people just not happy with demonic and dps Demon Hunters overall lately.

I'm just starting to switch from Blades to Demonic I finally got three piece t21 working on getting my 4th piece. But curious why I'm reading all this hate about the current state of demon Hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I'm a casual player not some Uber guy but I play with a lot of high-end people in my guild I've got three demon Hunters that are i970+ geared and they all say how much they hate demonic but have to play it.

And I pug raids with other super high-end demon hunters and I've heard similar things I've asked them about demonic and they say yeah it's to go to play style today but not a fan.

I seem to hear that quite often lately people just not happy with demonic and dps Demon Hunters overall lately.

I'm just starting to switch from Blades to Demonic I finally got three piece t21 working on getting my 4th piece. But curious why I'm reading all this hate about the current state of demon Hunters?
    Because demonic is incredibly boring. You basically just hammer one button and eye beam when it’s up. It’s completely brain dead and unsatisfying to play.

Its not bad its just different. Cant really complain myself. Im only 960 ish but Im hovering around 1.7M-1.9M sustained for most fights. For a class with no DoT's Im not sure what more you could want. Use Raddons and the Lol ring and you spend more time in Demonic form than not.

Its not a complex build and the playstyle isnt overly complex so I could see why people dont like that.

I got no hate for my DH just a bit sad knowing that BfA will probably come with a hefty nerf bat.
    Last edited by Vanillidari; 2018-02-26 at 09:21 PM.

What's the Lol ring ? Or do you mean Anger of the Half Giants ? That ring so important, almost be baked into the Demon Hunter talent tree it's so vital and important to making the class smoother gameplay.

I don't have that ring yet and I'm always in cool down on chaos strikes or what not and my guild mates tell me that ring is extremely vital to smoothing out the Demon Hunter DPS
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2018-02-26 at 09:00 PM.

The one legendary I can't seem to get

What's the Lol ring ? Or do you mean Anger of the Half Giants ? That ring so important, almost be baked into the Demon Hunter talent tree it's so vital and important to making the class smoother gameplay.

I don't have that ring yet and I'm always in cool down on chaos strikes or what not and my guild mates tell me that ring is extremely vital to smoothing out the Demon Hunter DPS
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137038/a...he-half-giants

Yeah its sadly mandatory. Its just another reson the Legendaries for all idea sucked
    Last edited by Vanillidari; 2018-02-26 at 09:04 PM.

I have had experienced Demon Hunters tell me, don't even seriously play this class until I get that ring, without it the class is broken they say.

I say that's Blizzard fault in poorly designing a new class, where a specific Legendary is almost mandatory to play it well at the high level. And then the whole shitty way you can't farm for Legendary's, it's all random luck if you will ever get a certain Legendary. Sure you can run every Emissary WQ, run every Dungeon, do crazy amount of Mythic runs, as well as Raids, and you MAYBE just MAYBE might get the ring. That's BS that you need to be in a super grind for months on end, and still not get the ring. I know a couple of players who have done that, they'll do EVERYTHING in the game, every day, every week, and they still haven't seen the ring, and others who play DH as a casual alt, and they got the ring in a few weeks.

But curious why I'm reading all this hate about the current state of demon Hunters?
    its boring and having your damage rely completely on procs from the tier 2 talent feels excessively legionised - if first blood was a base dh passive or worth picking for demonic over cc, that would go a long way to making the rotation feel more enjoyable
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2018-02-27 at 08:46 PM.

I also have a Fury Warrior as my dps alt, maybe I should concentrate on him instead until I get the AotHG ring ?
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2018-02-26 at 11:05 PM.

Just play the DH. The more you play the DH, the more likely you are to get that ring. I play 5 toons and have like 1 or 2 leggys on each one, no more. ive had them at 110 since launch. I play so little that I do maybe 2 caches a week on each one.. if I had stuck to just the 1 class id have all of my leggys by now and id be happy as larry.

because the demonic RNG is just ridiculous. ALL the rng on 1 skill, the chaotic onslaught, the fury refund, the inner demons, the demon appetite orbs etc for meta form. Its one of the class in which the damage rng disparity is close to 900-1 milion dps depending on luck. Even our demon bite generator with ring. between 21 or 44ish fury with one swing, thats just dumb. Not skill. Rng in havoc demonic is almost 70% of the playstyle.
    Last edited by Rakkan12345; 2018-02-28 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkan12345 View Post
    because the demonic RNG is just ridiculous. ALL the rng on 1 skill, the chaotic onslaught, the fury refund, the inner demons, the demon appetite orbs etc for meta form. Its one of the class in which the damage rng disparity is close to 900-1 milion dps depending on luck. Even our demon bite generator with ring. between 21 or 44ish fury with one swing, thats just dumb. Not skill. Rng in havoc demonic is almost 70% of the playstyle.
    Excellent points, and makes Havoc sound like a poorly developed class by Blizzard. Like it wasn't thought through well enough, or tested properly.

I hope BfA sees a major overhaul on the Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkan12345 View Post
    ... the damage rng disparity is close to 900-1 milion dps depending on luck...
    I don't think I've ever seen my dps swing by that much at the end of a fight. Sure we can get some pretty crazy streaks going but imho I've found Demonic to be fairly stable with how much dps I do.

I've always felt the other way imo, I never liked the previous gameplay without any filler in case you don't have any procs and find yourself without fury.

I also played Demonic before T21 without the ring (of course that was the last legendary to drop, thanks RNGesus), so Raddon+Shoulders, and it was still fine, I was far from underperforming (especially in MM+ dungeons where anyway you'll drown in Fury with Eye Beam and the Stun's orbs).

Excellent points, and makes Havoc sound like a poorly developed class by Blizzard. Like it wasn't thought through well enough, or tested properly.

I hope BfA sees a major overhaul on the Demon Hunter.
    At least for chaos strikes refunds the rng seems to stay. But now with a flat 40% instead of depending on crit.

i like demonic

10+ Year Old Account
    I like demonic as well. It fits the class thematically so damn well, that it should be the baseline of the spec (the part where you eyebeam and then go into meta.)

As to the soul rng, that is a different thing. I think it's pure garbage we have such a high amount of rng to the point our dps can be great or garbage.

I also like the playstyle that includes blade/death dance rather than just spamming the hell outta chaos strike, but since demonic appetite doesn't allow blade dance to even have a chance to proc a soul, there is no point even having it on the bar in Antorus.

I just wish demonic appetite had a fail safe system built in.

But the main problem with demonic is the rng on top of rng on top of rng. Demons bite doesn't always gives you the max amount of fury per cast, rather fury gain might be mediocre with it. Then chaos strikes fury refund rng. And even the soul procs from chaos strike. To much rng is involved

Deleted
    I like demonic for M+, but for most raidbosses it's a 3 button spec...

Quote Originally Posted by Livonya View Post
    I like demonic for M+, but for most raidbosses it's a 3 button spec...
    Demonic > Demon's Bite, Chaos Strike, and Eyebeam.
    Chaos Blades/First Blood > Felblade, Chaos Strike, and Blade Dance.

Havoc has been a 3 button spec since they nerfed the old Momentum/Bloodlet build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtveclipse View Post
    Demonic > Demon's Bite, Chaos Strike, and Eyebeam.
    Chaos Blades/First Blood > Felblade, Chaos Strike, and Blade Dance.

Havoc has been a 3 button spec since they nerfed the old Momentum/Bloodlet build.
    Hm but this is a blizzard problem not a only havoc problem.
    Look at arms cs ms ww reset. Plus execute phase cs ex ms reset
    Arcane mage
    Fury warrior
    Mm hunter
    Frost dk
    Bm hunter

Nearly every class in legion with no dots and not with two energy bars is a 3 button DD. One to build one to fill and on proc or extra damage window shit.

Or im wrong? Maybe talent could change that but this talent are to weak atm