Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    I really don't see at the moment how this iteration of ret should be better than Legion ret. In all honesty: I begin to wish, they revert all alpha changes back to the current iteration. Better mobility (never thought I would say something like this), more fluid rotation, Divine Tempest, no decision between HoW OR BoW(I still think that is the most sadistic part) and so on...
    I think you've figured out Blizzard's grand master plan. Operation "How to get the Ret community to stop bitching about Legion Ret".

Solution? Make BfA Ret worse. Then they'll start talking about the "good old days" of Legion Ret.

i understand why Blizzard can't give the Class Fantasy Because the majority of players will go Ret again ... it happened once they wont do it again

There hasnt been a single expansion where the players in every spec didnt complain during the entire alpha about how shit their spec is and how it was so much better in <insert previous expac>

Play something else if you dont like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azen View Post
    There hasnt been a single expansion where the players in every spec didnt complain during the entire alpha about how shit their spec is and how it was so much better in <insert previous expac>

Oh , that sounds just like a plan.
    A: “I don’t like that my car is barely working”
    B: “Drive something else if you don’t like it”

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Against Many View Post
    Oh , that sounds just like a plan.
    A: “I don’t like that my car is barely working”
    B: “Drive something else if you don’t like it”
    Running in the streets and shouting that your "car isn't working" before it has even left the factory is a little dramatic to begin with.

In the end, Blizzard will never please everyone. If after beta people are still not happy - it doesn't mean "the car isn't working." It probably means you don't like the way it works.

Deleted
    What I can see is that we are looking for Graphic bugs and seeing if the quest works, yes I am in Alpha and yes I dropped down a graphic hole in a road on a wall
    I don't think they are doing DPS right now so don't get upset over nothing it's still early Alpha testing.

Running in the streets and shouting that your "car isn't working" before it has even left the factory is a little dramatic to begin with.

In the end, Blizzard will never please everyone. If after beta people are still not happy - it doesn't mean "the car isn't working." It probably means you don't like the way it works.
    Can you, just for a second, allow the suggestion that spec might be found wanting and lacking?
    Or is it impossible?

So I just got Alpha access and this is my first impression of BFA Ret.

The core playstyle is very similar to Legion Ret, except with a A LOT less AoE, somehow even worse mobility than Legion and more "Do X% more damage" buffs to manage in a way that isn't very fun or engaging.

I'm not really sure what Blizzard is trying to go for with Ret but my first impression of BFA Ret feels like an overall worse, watered down version of Legion Ret with no Artifact traits (which at least some should have become passive).
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2018-03-23 at 03:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

Pessimists with unrealistic expectations and an inability to accept change. They are never happy.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    watered down version of Legion Ret with no Artifact traits (which at least some should have become passive).
    How's that Azerite Armor testing going?

Since when being realistic and critical turned into “pessimism with unrealistic expectations”.
    Why would we accept changes for the worse?
    Since when are we to smile broadly when shit is being thrown in our faces?

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    Pessimists with unrealistic expectations and an inability to accept change. They are never happy.

How's that Azerite Armor testing going?
    I don't understand the relation to what you quoted. What do you mean?

He tried to be snarky towards your incredibly pessimistic and unrealistic comment regarding ret being watered down legion version without legion traits and inquire at azerite armour as if is supposed to fix all the problems.

15+ Year Old Account
    Azerite Armor is the replacement (or close to it) for artifacts and their traits. Talking about their absence and saying "some of them should have become passive" is pointless without seeing what AA adds.

He thinks, azerite armor will fix the mess.
    No.

He thinks, azerite armor will fix the mess.
    He implies. Basically he’s out of arguments and is strawmanning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Against Many View Post
    He implies. Basically he’s out of arguments and is strawmanning.
    Your obsession with me is a bit worrying at this point. No one said anything about fixing anything. Keep your (incorrect) assumptions and trolling to yourself.

Please refrain from provoking other users.
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2018-03-23 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose View Post
    Your obsession with me is a bit worrying at this point. No one said anything about fixing anything. Keep your (incorrect) assumptions and trolling to yourself.
    Why would I be obsessed with you, my dear swampie?
    But do keep your (incorrect) worries and insinuations to yourself.

Please refrain from provoking other forum users.
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2018-03-23 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    i understand why Blizzard can't give the Class Fantasy Because the majority of players will go Ret again ... it happened once they wont do it again
    The "majority of players" weren't Ret, and they never will be. Equal representation of classes/specs shouldn't be the goal anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

So I just got Alpha access and this is my first impression of BFA Ret.

The core playstyle is very similar to Legion Ret, except with a A LOT less AoE, somehow even worse mobility than Legion and more "Do X% more damage" buffs to manage in a way that isn't very fun or engaging.

I'm not really sure what Blizzard is trying to go for with Ret but my first impression of BFA Ret feels like an overall worse, watered down version of Legion Ret with no Artifact traits (which at least some should have become passive).
    We don't know how Azerite stuff is going to change gameplay yet, so we really don't have the full picture, which is pretty annoying, because AOE only breaks even at 3 targets at the moment, which probably isn't their intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    The "majority of players" weren't Ret, and they never will be. Equal representation of classes/specs shouldn't be the goal anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't know how Azerite stuff is going to change gameplay yet, so we really don't have the full picture, which is pretty annoying, because AOE only breaks even at 3 targets at the moment, which probably isn't their intention.
    In terms of raiding across Normal - Mythic Ret Paladin is the 3rd most popular spec in Antorus behind Aff Lock and Havoc DH. Looking at previous raid you can see that Ret is usually top 5 and only falling lower when certain specs were heavily considered FOTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holysack View Post
    In terms of raiding across Normal - Mythic Ret Paladin is the 3rd most popular spec in Antorus behind Aff Lock and Havoc DH. Looking at previous raid you can see that Ret is usually top 5 and only falling lower when certain specs were heavily considered FOTM.
    It's fine if Ret is popular. That doesn't mean they should engineer numbers and/or gameplay to make it less attractive. That just seems like their real-life politics bleeding over into WoW, which is pretty ridiculous.