Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    Just because you're proud of having people slaughtered on your land doesn't mean I'm happy to see the shithole like Sweden go up in smoke and flames.
    Most of the world is lava by that definition. You don't give the impression you bothered to finish reading the comment before posting a reaction.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Well I guess justice is no longer blind in Denmark.
    Never really been blind but politics and social stands has. Now they are talking this idea because they are running out of fixes for these areas.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    The minister of justice is a conservative.. Sure you might have a point but it is irrelevant, he is not left wing, the policy is not left wing, the government is not left wing.
    I'm aware but it doesn't change the low level of competence on top of precedent set with this suggestion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    He's the one who brought up Malmo. *Shrug*
    True, though. Just many tends to mention it in connection, makes it weird. hehe. Though, police force, Denmark is also in Malmö.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I'm aware but it doesn't change the low level of competence on top of precedent set with this suggestion.
    What would your suggestions be? I am rather curious now. The list is VERY long of what they've tried before.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    It worked in the mid to late 90's with biker gangs, so I am not entirely opposed to implementing it.

It servers as a rather good tool, to essentially break a cycle of criminals.

But on a completely personal note, I do find the notion of being punished harder simply because of location, to be a unjust concept. But reality sometimes supersedes ethics and morals.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It is their last step. The next stage is forcefully evict people and desolve the ghetto's and make them more suitable for everyone, spreading the evicted people across the country depending on having jobs or not. That is the last thing they wish to do.
    Yet it's the thing they have to do. When they don't get out of the area much, little spaces and boxes to live in in ghetto-blocks become coffins in peoples heads.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is their last step. The next stage is forcefully evict people and desolve the ghetto's and make them more suitable for everyone, spreading the evicted people across the country depending on having jobs or not. That is the last thing they wish to do.
    Yeah i bet they wanna tear down those ghettos and build deluxe condos that noone can afford instead. That sounds like a long term plan the Danish Government would be pining for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    But on a completely personal note, I do find the notion of being punished harder simply because of location, to be a unjust concept. But reality sometimes supersedes ethics and morals.
    Oh, I would agree with you on this if it wasn't due to the situation of these areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Yeah i bet they wanna tear down those ghettos and build deluxe condos that noone can afford instead. That sounds like a long term plan the Danish Government would be pining for.
    Nah, someone wanted but was shot down with that idea. The state gave the notion that if it was to be torn down, it should save as a better social construct of living for the low income families.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Yet it's the thing they have to do. When they don't get out of the area much, little spaces and boxes to live in in ghetto-blocks become coffins in peoples heads.
    They tried many projects to mix it up, built offers for people and all has been in vain. This idea is their final attempt to fix it before it'll just have to be torn down.

- - - Updated - - -

Justice with prejudice is no justice at all. It’s a failure in policing and should be addressed as such, punishing some more than others for the same crime is a step backward.
    You are getting it wrong in a way. It is overall bad yes, but it is the areas that are already at the brinck of not being able to be solved. And for policing, yeah, we've had that done with cameras and more cops, still goes on. And some cops are basically forced to be in large armoured numbers if they are to make a notice.

True, though. Just many tends to mention it in connection, makes it weird. hehe. Though, police force, Denmark is also in Malmö.
    Maybe they watched the Bridge and got confused which end of the bridge is which.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Oh, I would agree with you on this if it wasn't due to the situation of these areas.
    Even then, we are seeing improvements in most of our ghettos in the last 15 years, so it seems a bit out of time to implement it (at least for those that are improving). It is a select few that still are bad, and some getting worse because of gangs, and it is likely those that they want to combat, and as I mentioned this is along the lines of the strategy that we took down biker gangs, so we know that there is some merit to the implementation, however one feels about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Sounds exactly like America's "War on Drugs" campaign which was proven to be racist.
    I don't see how it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Even then, we are seeing improvements in most of our ghettos in the last 15 years, so it seems a bit out of time to implement it (at least for those that are improving). It is a select few that still are bad, and some getting worse because of gangs, and it is likely those that they want to combat, and as I mentioned this is along the lines of the strategy that we took down biker gangs, so we know that there is some merit to the implementation, however one feels about it.
    Oh, indeed but this is the old saying. A few rotten apples can spoil the whole bag. This attempt is most likely on certain four ghettos that are out of hand. And indeed, it worked with the biker gangs. And it can sound tough but it is a solution to try before going full on extreme. No one wishes to be the eviction guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This can't be constitutional. Severity of punishment based on where it was comitted?
    Who cares honestly.

People can either move, or not commit crimes.

It's not hard to follow the law, especially with the distribution of wealth Denmark has, noone is forced to do crime to get by.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I guess justice is no longer blind in Denmark.
    So what lol.

Don't be a criminal.

Deleted
    It's safe to assume this ghettos are where non-natives live, right? If that is the case I 'd make a screening of each individual to see how much has he contributed to the society in the past 6 - 12 months. If the results are negative I would deport them, much easier and will save the money.

As for the higher punishment I would streamline that as well. One crime and you're getting deported.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Fears View Post
    It's safe to assume this ghettos are where non-natives live, right? If that is the case I 'd make a screening of each individual to see how much has he contributed to the society in the past 6 - 12 months. If the results are negative I would deport them, much easier and will save the money.

As for the higher punishment I would streamline that as well. One crime and you're getting deported.
    Can we do the same for old people? I just want to make sure your support of fascism is as strong as your support for white nationalism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Who cares honestly.

People can either move, or not commit crimes.

It's not hard to follow the law, especially with the distribution of wealth Denmark has, noone is forced to do crime to get by.

- - - Updated - - -

So what lol.

Don't be a criminal.
    Well, if a person cares about equality under the law, he should care. You may not support such principles, but that's probably because you would assume that you would never be the target of that inequality.

Luckily, my country has a 14th Amendment, and I'm a huge fan of equality under the law.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Can we do the same for old people? I just want to make sure your support of fascism is as strong as your support for white nationalism.
    I've been waiting for you and your logical fallacy. Now, why would I do that to native old people? They worked their asses off so you can reap the benefits, they deserve their rest.

I don't support fascism or white nationalism, I do support nationalism in a healthy, natural dosage though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Fears View Post
    I've been waiting for you and your logical fallacy. Now, why would I do that to native old people? They worked their asses off so you can reap the benefits, they deserve their rest.

I don't support fascism or white nationalism, I do support nationalism in a healthy, natural dosage though.
    Well, you just proved my point for me, it's not about dealing with those who are not productive to society, it's about nationalism (of the "vanilla" kind). If you want to claim you don't support white nationalism, you may want to do something about that avatar picture. Just a thought.

As for me, I'm a big fan of equality under the law, limited government, and individual liberty.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2018-02-27 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Well, if a person cares about equality under the law, he should care. You may not support such principles, but that's probably because you would assume that you would never be the target of that inequality.

Luckily, my country has a 14th Amendment, and I'm a huge fan of equality under the law.
    I'm also a big fan of equallty under the law.

Just not in places where regular people trying to do their damn jobs are attacked and threatened, and the people who live there fear break-ins and rape.

That's when I lose my patience and think "Fine, fucking fine." especially in Denmark where there's literally no reason to be a criminal, unless you're just doing it for the sake of it.

Ideally punishments were made tougher across the board all over the country but until that happens I guess time will tell if this works or even passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I'm also a big fan of equallty under the law.

Just not in places where regular people trying to do their damn jobs are attacked and threatened, and the people who live there fear break-ins and rape.

That's when I lose my patience and think "Fine, fucking fine." especially in Denmark where there's literally no reason to be a criminal, unless you're just doing it for the sake of it.

Ideally punishments were made tougher across the board all over the country but until that happens I guess time will tell if this works or even passed.
    Then you are not in favor of equality under the law. Your second sentence literally contradicts your initial statement.

Individuals should be held accountable for their actions, and they should have equality under the law. If they want to make the punishments stronger, fine... but be consistent about it.