No Updated Goblin/Worgen: A Lie?

Maybe Muffinus wasn't aware, but in the interview with wowhead he said:

Q: How are the Worgen and Goblin updates coming along?
    A: Right now Blizzard is focused on Allied Races. Nothing on the immediate list but they want to!
    However, Vulpera are using a number of more fluid-looking and updated Goblin animations. It is very unlikely they would develop unique yet incredibly similar animations for just one race that uses another race's rigging, so it's safe to say that these new animations will also be found on Goblins.

What's the deal? Why would they update Goblin animations but not say they are updating them?

Well he said they were working on the Allied Races, which is true. That they are using them to work on the Goblin and Worgen is probably meant as a surprise for 8.1 or something.

Animations are only one part of a race update. You should see it as good sign that it'll help to reduce the work required to finally update Goblins later on.
    If they had an update rolling out for those, why would they not say so? A dumb thing to lie about, isn't it.

I'm sure they'll be updated in BFA, but probably not until the final content patch.

Allied Races give money (race changes) and they have deadlines to achieve things.

Goblin / Worgen new models consume time and won't give more extra money than a new allied race.

Blizzard already said old races aren't a priority right now. Maybe next year or so.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They said sometime during BFA's patch cycle. That's a 2 year window for the revamp to land in.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    They feeding us with this shit since WoD. Nothing new.

Can you imagine the uproar if they updated Goblins and not Worgens? Maybe if they have some animations ready, they're not gonna release anything unless they serve both factions.

Goblins are my favourite Horde race but I keep playing them less and less because they feel so outdated... I hate it when random NPC model has more detail than my 2D eyed gob... For now my Horde focus is on blood elfs, but as soon as they give goblins a proper update I will drop from the overpopulated elfs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Goblins are my favourite Horde race but I keep playing them less and less because they feel so outdated... I hate it when random NPC model has more detail than my 2D eyed gob... For now my Horde focus is on blood elfs, but as soon as they give goblins a proper update I will drop from the overpopulated elfs.
    Same with Worgen. I'm and a lot of people I know in game would roll Worgen if they got model update. For Alliance it even worse situation since Worgen are one of two playable druid races.

They'll be pushed back another expansion or updated in Night Elf Worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    They'll be pushed back another expansion or updated in Night Elf Worgen.
    I can see their updated animations/model being used to push them against Dark Rangers for another Undead vs Night Elf revenge patch later on.