Poll: Well?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Some good points. It is not like Trump would start a war anyway. I think the best solution at this point is to squeeze the shit out of them with embargoes and sanctions.
    Maybe China will cooperate THIS time, eh?

Or not- a stable NK is far preferable to China, regardless of the security concerns than a chaos with chemical and nuclear weapons and/or a refugee crisis on their border.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I'd easily be able to get out of it on medical issues but I'd actually prefer to just refuse on the basis that nobody should ever be forced to fight under any circumstances. any country that forces people to fight for it isn't worth fighting for
    So you're fine with other people dieing for you and your freedoms, just not the other way around? Cool I guess. Has a certain logic to it.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I agree with that, only China and Russia are propping them up... so if we actually want to bring them down, we will have to deal with two bad actors on the world stage, propping up the "hermit kingdom".

I watch and read a bunch of NK documentaries... they are an interesting country.
    There would be a price to pay, but we should be punishing China for any sanction violations against NK the US and the UN has imposed. Same with Russia.

not from the US, but I would dodge any draft in any country. Forcing people to go die in a war (which will most likely happen on the other side of the world for no fucking reason) is not my cup of tea.

I would oppose the idea from the very beginning and if it came to it, then yes I would dodge.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Maybe China will cooperate THIS time, eh?

Or not- a stable NK is far preferable to China, regardless of the security concerns than a chaos with chemical and nuclear weapons and/or a refugee crisis on their border.
    It is already happening. I expect NK to have a sudden desire to hold talks with the US before the end of the year. China? They are careful with their bread butter trade partner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    From what I've got so far in the thread: Everyone here has a mental illness and couldn't serve because of it ^_-

I'm sure that would go great when they throw you into bootcamp

Hey I'm 32, I'm sure they could climb up to my number, but I'd go gladly knowing I'm defending my country - not trying to look like a white knight, but it's pathetic seeing like 95% of people age 18-25 here bring up mental illness as a factor when it's just made up bullshit

I agree with that, only China and Russia are propping them up... so if we actually want to bring them down, we will have to deal with two bad actors on the world stage, propping up the "hermit kingdom".

I watch and read a bunch of NK documentaries... they are an interesting country.
    National Geographic had a good one on not too long ago. One of their correspondents actually was allowed to go in and film for a bit. She posed as an assistant to some doctors. It was quite an eye opener. How they view the Kims as “gods”. Similar to how the Japanese viewed the emperor as a god.
    The doctors were there to do something along the order of a 1,000 eye surgeries in a week. That is actually what got me to watching it. The whole Doctors Without Borders(I volunteer with them).
    Instead of thanking the doctors after the surgery. The patient would want to see a photo of Kim first thing upon the removal so they could thank him for their gift of renewed sight. They would get down on their hands and knees. It was pretty unbelievable.
    The correspondent asked someone if Kim could be wrong about the rest of the world and the interpreter couldn’t understand what she meant. The actual thought of Kim being wrong was unfathomable to him. It just didn’t compute.

Peace
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2018-02-27 at 12:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would do my best to avoid it legally. I don't have some illness or injury or anything. I just don't give a rat's ass.

Failing that, I would do my best to avoid it illegally.
    Failing THAT, they can put a gun in my hands but they can't make me shoot it.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2018-02-27 at 12:25 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I couldn't be drafted because I already served and am on military disability. I would oppose it though, and certainly wouldn't want either of my kids to be drafted.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I find it a bit odd how people are against it because they wouldn't "Fight for Trump" - as if wars are fought in the honor of the president in charge, at the moment of said war.
    Well, it has been in recent history...besides, you don't really need an army unless you want to secure territory.
    It would make sense to make an army to defend your land, but sending it halfway across the globe to do so is pure bs.

I saw that one, was pretty good, Lisa Ling is a really good reporter/journalist:

That’s it! It has been a while since I have seen it. At about the 43min mark is where they are removing the patient’s dressings. People are dropping to their knees in front of a Kim mural.

Peace

The POTUS can't reinstate the draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Pretty normal i guess. Royalists dodged or fled to canada or joined the british army during the war for independence. During the civil war, many dodged on both sides or fled the country. Lots of people dodged in ww2. Vietnam the same. Why should the next one be different??
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    I would. No way I'd risk my life to fight for this country in the current state it's in

If you're not a US citizen, then pretend you are then answer the poll.
    I would claim I have bone spurs.

The only way I would fight for this country was if somebody was actually invading the country. Then I would fight all out, because they are actually invading our land.

I don't consider flying off to the "hellhole of the minute" to fight some people we don't even know to be "fighting for our country." That is fighting for industry and that isn't my fight.
    Last edited by Alydael; 2018-02-27 at 12:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would accept the draft. Always wanted to enlist, but I know finishing college is the best route I need to take.

But I can definitely understand why someone wouldn't want to fight under trump.

If America were ever to get into a war that warranted a draft, it wouldn't be a small war but a world war. There's really only 2 countries that would warrant a draft, that'd being china or russia. There'd be no escaping a world war in 2018+

If I were an American I probably would, I am not gonna throw my life away and I am not gonna be dependable if I am not being cooperative so forcing me to do anything would be counter-productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    So you're fine with other people dieing for you and your freedoms, just not the other way around? Cool I guess. Has a certain logic to it.
    I'm fine with people making an informed decision over whether or not to risk their lives. I'm not fine with people being forced into it

Deleted
    I would never fight in any war... if the world has no peaceful country left I rather try some inhabitant island. As long as I have legs I will not grow roots.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, someone obviously doesn't have an education past high school.