Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    Which country rules the world then? The other statistics mean fuck all if you cant be the last one standing.

In that case though Uncle Sam is going to be passed by Uncle Xi. These Nordic countries will always be further down the food chain.

Like I said Ragnar Lothbrok would be disappointed in them.
    Policing the world does not mean it is the greatest country. The Netherlands has a lot of weed to smoke right? Oh because that is somewhat legal The Netherlands is the greatest country? Fuck that... that is one aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    It's a known fact that Sweden has the hottest women around the world. And the men there get to see them everyday. I'm jelly.

To be fair, that's a pretty subjective thing. Not everyone is into blondes. And personally, as far as blondes go, I've usually found slavic blondes more attractive than Scandinavian blondes. But hey, to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Priest Bojangles View Post

Jealous isn't the word I would use.
    Are you using a youtube video by an alt-right conspiracy theorist as an argument? lmfao!

Imagine a guy from a state, who just had several kids gunned down at a fucking school, is pointing fingers at Sweden, the disinformation is unreal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't love Sweden, and I don't hate it, but I have spent a good portion of most of my life not even giving a second thought to Sweden or Norway, or a great deal of other countries, that is the truth.

So, NO! I am not jealous at all.

If there were ever an opinion for me to form about Sweden is that they all seem to be sweet, wonderful warm and loving people, who seem to really like chocolate or something. I am part swedish, I have swedish family members and most of the fall into the category as I mentioned, they aren't perfect but MEH!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Im swedish its horrible here atm immigrants gang raping every day in the papers and if you say anything about youre a racist. Its a mess here atm im waiting for the next elecetion then deciding if im gonna gonna leave sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Oh, I am not saying that it couldn't be handled better. Just saying the taxes are higher due to a reason that many other countries can't understand.

Right, so, if I didn't have a car, I souldn't pay taxes to roads because why should I pay for other's roads? I don't watch soccer, why is some of my tax being used for social and culture, I shouldn't pay for that. I don't plan on retiring soon, why should my tax help people retire?

You pay taxes to obtain and have a better living overall, this isn't the lower systems where all money is "mine mine mine, and screw the rest of you!"
    That argument is so invalid. Even implying we need the state to provide the roads it still does not rebuke his argument about paying insane taxes for others' problems. If you don't agree with abolishing the state you know you could keep them just for roads, police and courts and not a fuckton of social welfare?

No social and cultural expenditures are by any means justifiable. As for culture it just makes crappy artists and boring events profitable as long as they appeal to the ruling party and of course everybody pays for some dumb hoe singing dumb songs for taxpayers money to give the plebs bread and circuses.

Been in Norway, worked in Norway. Came for money and got out of there. Would never want to settle in that country. For reasons beyond taxation.
    S.H.

15+ Year Old Account
    Right, so, if I didn't have a car, I souldn't pay taxes to roads because why should I pay for other's roads? I don't watch soccer, why is some of my tax being used for social and culture, I shouldn't pay for that. I don't plan on retiring soon, why should my tax help people retire?

You pay taxes to obtain and have a better living overall, this isn't the lower systems where all money is "mine mine mine, and screw the rest of you!"
    Exactly. Why should I pay for someone else's leasure?
    If people like football then let them finance it. I don't like it, I don't want to pay for it.
    We should fucking be allowed to opt from what we don't want to pay taxes for, but also become forbidden from joining those actives.
    I don't care how they make it working, just make it work.
    I'm sick and tired of paying for someone else. I give a lot away in charity, but yes, the money I earn is MINE. Screw everyone else.

Paying taxes is something we Scandinavians are happy to do (relatively speaking). Solidarity is a very Scandinavian trait.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Paying taxes is something we Scandinavians are happy to do (relatively speaking). Solidarity is a very Scandinavian trait.
    Now THAT is something that I'm jealous of. It's crazy to me how many people here wear the fact that they don't give a crap about other human beings on their sleeve. Like it's some badge of pride or some shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    To be fair, that's a pretty subjective thing. Not everyone is into blondes. And personally, as far as blondes go, I've usually found slavic blondes more attractive than Scandinavian blondes. But hey, to each their own.
    I like red heads myself, but I won't shy away from a blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    ignorance at its finest. so many better places in america than shitty ass california. that place is just fucking dirty.
    The thing is since USA falls behind the other places, the only advantage it has is a nice life for rich and some warm states. California is warm and has lots of tech companies which I like. I havent liked the other states.

Deleted
    love sweden will never leave this place

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Exactly. Why should I pay for someone else's leasure?
    If people like football then let them finance it. I don't like it, I don't want to pay for it.
    We should fucking be allowed to opt from what we don't want to pay taxes for, but also become forbidden from joining those actives.
    I don't care how they make it working, just make it work.
    I'm sick and tired of paying for someone else. I give a lot away in charity, but yes, the money I earn is MINE. Screw everyone else.
    Then you didn't understand my post, honestly. Sorry. I'm pointing out that a lot of the tax we pay is a necessity to make things go round. Whining about having to pay medical bills for others by paying some tax for a social medical welfare is one of the biggest whining turds ever. And really, I would rather not pay for culture but damn sure I know that I'll have to because it is part of what brings money to the country too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    That argument is so invalid. Even implying we need the state to provide the roads it still does not rebuke his argument about paying insane taxes for others' problems. If you don't agree with abolishing the state you know you could keep them just for roads, police and courts and not a fuckton of social welfare?
    And what if YOU suddenly needed social welfare? What if YOU suddenly needed more medical aid? If you don't pay you can't claim when it is needed. There is a reason you pay, you aren't paying just because you have to alone, you are paying because you're an asset that is viable for using said services as well.

No social and cultural expenditures are by any means justifiable. As for culture it just makes crappy artists and boring events profitable as long as they appeal to the ruling party and of course everybody pays for some dumb hoe singing dumb songs for taxpayers money to give the plebs bread and circuses.
    When I say social and culture, I am also talking public areas, parks, stadiums, concert halls, libraries etc - you pay for that in your taxes. You are able to use these because of it. If you weren't, then I guess one would have to keep a tap on when you sit on a public bench, etc.

Been in Norway, worked in Norway. Came for money and got out of there. Would never want to settle in that country. For reasons beyond taxation.
    Yeah, uhm, Norway is the expensive one of Scandinavia. Good money until you have to use them within the country, heh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Oh, of course we're happy to do so. The damn taxes pays for so much for us.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    In Norway, as a business owner, you dont get taxed to hell through income. I pay less taxes(percentage wise) now than I ever did as a salaried worker.

You do have to pay sales tax on everything though, but most people just shrugs it up as being a part of the normal price.
    Where I live we pay 15 cents on every dollar for everything except perishables. I feel the pain of sales tax lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Are you using a youtube video by an alt-right conspiracy theorist as an argument? lmfao!

Imagine a guy from a state, who just had several kids gunned down at a fucking school, is pointing fingers at Sweden, the disinformation is unreal.
    Are you deflecting instead of addressing any points or arguments? lmfao!

Classic Alinsky-ite tactics, friend. Keep it up.

There isnt much good about Sweden.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    if im gonna gonna leave sweden.
    So wher will you go?

they aren't America so by default, no.

Then you didn't understand my post, honestly. Sorry. I'm pointing out that a lot of the tax we pay is a necessity to make things go round. Whining about having to pay medical bills for others by paying some tax for a social medical welfare is one of the biggest whining turds ever. And really, I would rather not pay for culture but damn sure I know that I'll have to because it is part of what brings money to the country too.

And what if YOU suddenly needed social welfare? What if YOU suddenly needed more medical aid? If you don't pay you can't claim when it is needed. There is a reason you pay, you aren't paying just because you have to alone, you are paying because you're an asset that is viable for using said services as well.

When I say social and culture, I am also talking public areas, parks, stadiums, concert halls, libraries etc - you pay for that in your taxes. You are able to use these because of it. If you weren't, then I guess one would have to keep a tap on when you sit on a public bench, etc.

Yeah, uhm, Norway is the expensive one of Scandinavia. Good money until you have to use them within the country, heh.

Man it is never that you take from the state what you have put in - because then whole system would be pointless and obsolete. You either pay for others' expenses or others' pay for your expenses and that payment is forced so either you pay state robbers to extort money from people or you are being extorted.

Stadiums, concert halls and stuff can be easily funded by private investors to make profit out of them not to host some artists that actually the government likes.

I'd rather like if nobody took my hard earned money from me and I would never want to take others' money to pay for my living. If I would be in dire need then it's my responsibility to cover that situation - either by having friends and family or paying private insurances not the state which will put me in prison if I don't want to pay for some junkies social welfare.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Sweden like other northern european countries are the best countries to be in, in the world.

I wish all these countries would bundle up and make their own "europa".

- Norway
    - Sweden
    - Denmark
    - Germany
    - The Netherlands
    - Luxembourg

The rest can kiss it.
    you can add Switzerland