Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Um, because producing 30% less aggro means you can do 30% more damage before you pull aggro. Not really that complicated.

Shaman totems are group only so you'll need 1 for each group of DPS. You also can't drop Windfury and tranquil air at the same time, which means you're basically a much worse paladin if you drop a tranquil air.

You can get a full rundown here: https://www.engadget.com/2013/08/02/...ted-the-horde/

Faction imbalance was very real in Vanilla.
    x = threat cap (no modifiers
    y= threat cap with salv

y(0.7) = x ?

doesn't salv mean you can do effectively do over 40% more damage with same threat effect? I don't know if true, but 30% threat reduction in normal language would equate to letting you do nearly 43% more damage and produce same threat.

- - - Updated - - -

Real life money earns compound interest if you don't spend it. WoW gold does not.
    Actually, many formerly-interest-bearing accounts in the US did not pay interest for years until recently (if even now). I believe Japan has even offered slightly negative rates on recent debt at some point

All you have to assume is azeroth central bank has set effective net negative interest rates, but horde/ally banks offer 0% rates as teasers.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it doesn't. Interest is literally what makes not spending money work in real life. WoW does not have interest. There is no reward for saving.
    worse - buying power decreases. wow has an inflation rate that is much worse than most/all? developed countries. There have been/are countries where it is preferable to convert cash into trade-able goods that will appreciate with inflation rather than keep the cash because the devaluation rate is so high.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2018-03-21 at 04:05 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Horde gets access to BL, which was damn important during Naxx progression. You won't be far behind in terms of PvE, not at all.
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miro91 View Post
    But is Fearward so powerful? I mean, a good stancedancing tank could avoid this boss mechanic completely... but i have probably too much trust in human kind.
    when you can stagger than constantly with multiple dwarf priests yes

lok'tar ogar
    For the Horde!

Human always, they have the best early questing zones.

Tough call for me. I've been horde since Wrath and I love it.

That being said, I will probably end up making my dwarf priest again if fear ward is still exclusive to them. I absolutely loved talking around IF in full Transcendence and Benediction, and then towards the end of vanilla I had enough for my epic mount, and sitting on that thing outside of the AH made it all worth it. I was 15-15 at the time and would relish in the whispers of "Whoa" I would get

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thenatural View Post
    Tough call for me. I've been horde since Wrath and I love it.

That being said, I will probably end up making my dwarf priest again if fear ward is still exclusive to them. I absolutely loved talking around IF in full Transcendence and Benediction, and then towards the end of vanilla I had enough for my epic mount, and sitting on that thing outside of the AH made it all worth it. I was 15-15 at the time and would relish in the whispers of "Whoa" I would get
    My nigga!

Dwarf priest is THE shit. You'll never have issues obtaining a spot in raids thats for sure.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    My nigga!

Dwarf priest is THE shit. You'll never have issues obtaining a spot in raids thats for sure.
    But you will hate yourself everyday for playing such an ugly character and all gear looking terrible on them :P

I raided horde all the way to cata then we migrated over to Alliance until end of MoP then Back to Horde. I am totally split on what faction, I will most likely be swayed by the people I play with and what they want to do.

I do feel Alliance would be more interesting for a change, see Vanilla from a new perspective.

Why can't we be both? lol I play both sides and have played both sides. And from what I've seen? Horde are overrated and Alliance are a bunch of winey children xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightheart View Post
    Why can't we be both? lol I play both sides and have played both sides. And from what I've seen? Horde are overrated and Alliance are a bunch of winey children xD
    this is too true even to this day

10+ Year Old Account
    Por que no los dos? I don't see the point in limiting myself to experiencing half the story and seeing half the game because of a fictional coalition of pixels, sound files, and animation sets.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Miro91 View Post
    which one of the two has better levelling routes and zones?
    i was very determined to roll a Human Mage because Alliance have an easier time when it comes to PvE due to Paladins and Dwarf Priests but i really like the Horde races too (i love Undeads).
    Undead had one of the worst leveling paths in their starting zone. Lots of running all over the place over and over to complete quests. Pretty exasperating IMO. Of course things got more interesting in Hillsbrad but until then I remember as a exasperating experience

I'll play Horde. But will be harder to progress through in raids compared to Alliance.

Paladins:
    1) Blessing of Kings: 10% to ALL stats for the entire raid. HUGE buff, extra HP for all, Int/Spi Casters, Avoidance for Tanks, More DPS.
    2) Blessing of Salvation: 30% less threat, meaning DPS does not have to hold back that much.
    3) Blessing of Wisdom: Mana regeneration
    4) Blessing of Might: More attack power

- On top of that there are various auras Paladins bring to their group.
    - And if that was not enough, a boss could also be judged with Seal of Light or Seal of Wisdom

Fear Ward overrated: Horde has Tremor Totem, Undead with WoTF, Warriors can stance dance. Only some bosses Fear.
    Windfury Totem overrated: Only works for melee (Excluding Feral Druids), Rogues can't use poisons.

To sum it up:
    4 Paladins can buff the ENTIRE raid with 4 buffs, support 4 groups with an Aura, Judge the boss to benefit the ENTIRE raid.
    4 Shamans can buff HALF a raid with 4 buffs having a LIMITED range, no extra aura or debuff on the boss.

My personal opinion:
    At the end of the day I think Blessing of Kings is the biggest imbalance between factions. One having 10% more stats than the other.

EDIT: But you can get around that by having two people make an Alliance Priest and Paladin,
    Use Mind Control on few key raid members, buff Greater Blessing of Kings.
    15 Min buff should be enough for a harder boss pull.
    But keep this a secret
    Last edited by Hunterwep; 2018-04-17 at 08:39 PM.

I play a human in every game I play. Humans happen to be in the alliance, so that's what I'll be playing as. Faction imbalances can really make you feel like you're playing on hard mode though.

I remember preferring the Alliance during Classic. Horde was largely all about mudhuts and ruined human buildings back then, where as Alliance had all sorts of neat stuff. Ironforge was the main hub too.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    My friends and I will probably be rolling Alliance for Classic

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter. Classic PVE content is very easy. By the way alliance was the easymode raiding due to pally buffs mostly.

Horde. I would rather play a faction of generic heavy metal tropes than a faction full of hugging feel good generic fantasy tropes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde totally. Orcs and no gnomes!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Horde gets access to BL, which was damn important during Naxx progression. You won't be far behind in terms of PvE, not at all.
    Horde got access to Windfury, Alliance got access to Blessing of Salvation.

If your DPS were not threat capped by the tanks, Windfury was a huge DPS boost for melee classes.
    If your DPS were already threat capped, Blessing of Salvation had the potential to grant up to a 30% DPS increase for the whole raid.

Personally my guild did pretty well without Fear Ward as our warrior tanks were competent enough to Stance Dance. It did give me the opportunity to tank Onyxia and the fear-based bosses in Molten Core on my paladin during off-raid days though.
    Last edited by Hottage; 2018-04-18 at 10:15 AM.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    I'll play Horde. But will be harder to progress through in raids compared to Alliance.

Paladins:
    1) Blessing of Kings: 10% to ALL stats for the entire raid. HUGE buff, extra HP for all, Int/Spi Casters, Avoidance for Tanks, More DPS.
    2) Blessing of Salvation: 30% less threat, meaning DPS does not have to hold back that much.
    3) Blessing of Wisdom: Mana regeneration
    4) Blessing of Might: More attack power

- On top of that there are various auras Paladins bring to their group.
    - And if that was not enough, a boss could also be judged with Seal of Light or Seal of Wisdom

Fear Ward overrated: Horde has Tremor Totem, Undead with WoTF, Warriors can stance dance. Only some bosses Fear.
    Windfury Totem overrated: Only works for melee (Excluding Feral Druids), Rogues can't use poisons.

To sum it up:
    4 Paladins can buff the ENTIRE raid with 4 buffs, support 4 groups with an Aura, Judge the boss to benefit the ENTIRE raid.
    4 Shamans can buff HALF a raid with 4 buffs having a LIMITED range, no extra aura or debuff on the boss.

My personal opinion:
    At the end of the day I think Blessing of Kings is the biggest imbalance between factions. One having 10% more stats than the other.

EDIT: But you can get around that by having two people make an Alliance Priest and Paladin,
    Use Mind Control on few key raid members, buff Greater Blessing of Kings.
    15 Min buff should be enough for a harder boss pull.
    But keep this a secret
    This is pretty much it but I think in the end Salv was the biggest buff. The extra threat reduction allowed for easier tank swaps, especially on bosses that could not be taunted. There was also thing like BoP for tank swaps, BoP Taunt for bosses with mechanics that you needed to dodge, LoH to save a tank. Overall for raiding Alliance had a full tool box and horde got the fisher price version. Also NE's warrior had the lower chance to be hit.