Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The first theme gives me a bit of an War of the Ancients vibe. The decoration kinda looks like it came from the Well of Eternity dungeon. The second theme is obviously Netherstorm/Tempest Keep, so we might finally get to see Kael'thas this year. I've no idea what to think of the third one, I can't recall ever seeing this anywhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    The un-nerfing of Molten Giant came out of nowhere. I wonder of there will be a card or cards in the upcoming expansions that would render Molten Giant unplayable at 25 mana. Indirect nerf to Holy Wrath! Lol
    The Molten Giant buff was due to people asking for the old version back to play Handlock again. Rather than deal with balance issues in Standard, it was simply HoF'd and buffed.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Many people had asked for DKs and monks for years but neither ever happened. I think that third set might actually apply a theme similar to the HS DKs only with HS monks. Omnia mage Jaina, Malfurion shapeshifting into Niuzao and Valeera dressing as a Shado pan.
    Yes let's turn all of the heroes into pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I'm amending my previous 'Ghostlands' idea to Gilneas. The dark bark and glowy stuff could very well be there instead of the Ghostlands.
    Agreed. I thought Ghostlands too but on second glance I think another undead themed expansion is extremely unlikely after we just had KotFT. I also think Terrokar can be ruled out since EXP2 is clearly Outlands related.

I’m thinking it will be Emerald Dream or a much more stylized night elf themed zone

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Agreed. I thought Ghostlands too but on second glance I think another undead themed expansion is extremely unlikely after we just had KotFT. I also think Terrokar can be ruled out since EXP2 is clearly Outlands related.

I’m thinking it will be Emerald Dream or a much more stylized night elf themed zone
    It seems too dark to be Emerald Dream imo, but who knows? We'll find out soon, hopefully.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    First one has the color scheme of Dread Wastes.

Wood/Trees are a big part of the zone's theme.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-03 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It seems too dark to be Emerald Dream imo, but who knows? We'll find out soon, hopefully.
    Solid point. Maybe the Sunken Temple? It has some pretty diverse themes between trolls, the emerald dream/nightmare, Hakkar etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post

Definitely a possibility

Deleted
    I think the issue with coldlight oracle was more about the card draw than the fact it helped mill decks. If they hated milling/destroying/replacing cards they wouldn't have added things like azari or togwaggle this expansion. I'll be sad to see it go since I play a lot of fatigue warrior still but hopefully it means more card draw next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Well kinda. Diablo does not get content. WoW does. Not at the pace and quality FFXIV does, but still. However Hearthstone at the very least has better lore. Just look at Mean Streets of Gadgetzan compared to what you have in WoW.
    What content does FF XIV provide that WoW doesn't? I am all up for supporting FF XIV, and it's better than WoW imo, but content wise, we get a proper raid tier every 6 months in both, but FF XIV gives 4 bosses per tier, while WoW gives like 9-12. Zones? Wow has a lot more patch zones, Eureka? We don't even know if it will be good, tbh it looks like Diadem snorefest V2, with reskinned weapons/gear. No new resources went in that art-wise, all the mobs are just recolored, the artefact 3 weapons have some glow effect, and artefact gear just becomes dyable, which should have been the case from start, not a reward for new 'fresh' content lol.

Story is decent, but that's all that FF XIV currently has going on for it. The only interesting updates in FF XIV in Stormblood were the story, and the Unending Coil as well as its primals. The raids are cool, and the mythic only Kefka/Exdeath boss fights are amazing, but the story of the raid is extremely lacking and is a generic 'power level' story.

Heavensward brought all that, plus an interesting original raid story without just blatantly copying old FF villains. I much prefer Legion over Stormblood due to the theme also. FF XIV interested me because of medieval/steampunk theme, not Asian one. I mean, it's a cool theme, but it's getting rather bland, with all the Asian mmos out there. And the content updates are getting thinner and thinner in FF XIV.

No more CT/Jade tards, can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    No more CT/Jade tards, can't wait!
    Yeah more cube lock....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    What content does FF XIV provide that WoW doesn't? I am all up for supporting FF XIV, and it's better than WoW imo, but content wise, we get a proper raid tier every 6 months in both, but FF XIV gives 4 bosses per tier, while WoW gives like 9-12. Zones? Wow has a lot more patch zones, Eureka? We don't even know if it will be good, tbh it looks like Diadem snorefest V2, with reskinned weapons/gear. No new resources went in that art-wise, all the mobs are just recolored, the artefact 3 weapons have some glow effect, and artefact gear just becomes dyable, which should have been the case from start, not a reward for new 'fresh' content lol.

Story is decent, but that's all that FF XIV currently has going on for it. The only interesting updates in FF XIV in Stormblood were the story, and the Unending Coil as well as its primals. The raids are cool, and the mythic only Kefka/Exdeath boss fights are amazing, but the story of the raid is extremely lacking and is a generic 'power level' story.

Heavensward brought all that, plus an interesting original raid story without just blatantly copying old FF villains. I much prefer Legion over Stormblood due to the theme also. FF XIV interested me because of medieval/steampunk theme, not Asian one. I mean, it's a cool theme, but it's getting rather bland, with all the Asian mmos out there. And the content updates are getting thinner and thinner in FF XIV.
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on most of these points. But I do agree on the very first one

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post

9 classes, 9 paragons of the klaxxi.

At the same time though I feel like they would've incorporated the amber somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on most of these points. But I do agree on the very first one
    So you actually find the story of the Omega raid compelling? I know tons and tons, and TONS of people who have unsubbed simply because they haven't played FF 6, and literally feel like Sigmascape and Deltascape are filled with random bosses that have nearly 0 background aside from some flavour text right before you fight them while Nero is devising a tactic. I mean, the fights are epic, and the music is phenomenal, I feel like wow is far from reaching that in any way, but its solid raid fights every tier do deliver.

The story is decent, but even there, we have some 'suffering' due to Stormblood going through the usual anime trope of 'NO ONE WILL DIE, ASSPULLS EVERYWHERE'. I sincerely hope that Zenos is just a puppet controlled by the white Ascian, else this will be the worst asspull so far, like why would a guy who cut his head in front of us, be alive? Lol. Then again, I gotta say I like stormblood for Rabaun's return to Ala Mhigo, and for 4.2 Zenos' lunatic fan a lot more than HW, but 4.2 fell really sort on the 'gameplay' department in solo duties.

Also as I said, the Asian theme is tiring, and that's coming from a guy who also liked Pandaria a lot, my fav expansion also (I assumed that by looking at your sig/prof pic).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    So you actually find the story of the Omega raid compelling? I know tons and tons, and TONS of people who have unsubbed simply because they haven't played FF 6, and literally feel like Sigmascape and Deltascape are filled with random bosses that have nearly 0 background aside from some flavour text right before you fight them while Nero is devising a tactic. I mean, the fights are epic, and the music is phenomenal, I feel like wow is far from reaching that in any way, but its solid raid fights every tier do deliver.

The story is decent, but even there, we have some 'suffering' due to Stormblood going through the usual anime trope of 'NO ONE WILL DIE, ASSPULLS EVERYWHERE'. I sincerely hope that Zenos is just a puppet controlled by the white Ascian, else this will be the worst asspull so far, like why would a guy who cut his head in front of us, be alive? Lol. Then again, I gotta say I like stormblood for Rabaun's return to Ala Mhigo, and for 4.2 Zenos' lunatic fan a lot more than HW, but 4.2 fell really sort on the 'gameplay' department in solo duties.

Also as I said, the Asian theme is tiring, and that's coming from a guy who also liked Pandaria a lot, my fav expansion also (I assumed that by looking at your sig/prof pic).

Well I feel sorry for everyone who unsubbed simply because they couldn't find lore on sigmascape bosses. I mean it's their choice, but if that's their biggest problem....

I was more referring to patch sizes and frequency by the way. Yes, if you focus solely on top raid difficulties, although said raids become irrelevant sooner as well.

Well I for one am thrilled we got to go to Othard. Less thrilled that we have to deal with Ala Mhigo as well as I pretty much hate every Ala Mhgian beside Raubahn. But exploring Kugane and piecing together the lore of Tamamo-no-Gozen and her servants is priceless. And that's not even counting the Stormblood ninja scenario.

As for Zenos, I'm positive things are a bit more complicated than Elidibus simply taking over his body. That's too easy for an answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this was a hearthstone thread....

Im excited to see the year of the raven changes, I really hope one of the expacks are related to MOP. The klaxxi would be cool as hell. Also i hope they pull another Dungeon Run like solo scenario again because i have put way too much time into Dungeon Runs...
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Yeah let's slide back to the Hearthstone topic please at this point, getting a wee bit too far off track now.

Seems like they are going to announce the new expansion on Monday. Judging from the teasers of Kosak getting lost in the woods, I think something Emerald Dream related seems most likely

Some people are speculating the new expansion will feature a new mechanic “search”. Your guess is as good as mine on what that means

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait. I hope aggro decks become unplayable, so we get to see plenty of new deck types. So tired of seeing only aggro in ladder, with the occational cubelock and big spell priest. Sure, all are easy to counter but it's sooo boring! Can't even bother to do quests anymore.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!