Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i know what it is, but sometimes a hand is forced. like i said, twitter and facebook have become something more than companies.

an free speech should most definitely never get you fired unless you work in some field that handles people's lives, like a doctor or something. racist shouldn't be able to be a doctor.
    they are not. and free speech does not include hate speech anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Teenagers not children.
    Teenagers are children.
    They can't have it both ways. They took part in a disgusting PR piece to try and invoke the below.
    Oh, take a hike. We're not talking moral panic. We're talking about literal survivors of an actual fucking spree shooting.

Youtube is not a house party.
    Youtube was a place for people to put their funny videos and they benefited from public labour while covertly taking their information and grew big because of it. Now after brexit and trump we have the dishonest and secretive attacks on various subjects and opinions.
    There was nothing "covert" about Youtube's data collection.

And there's been no "dishonest and secretive attacks". That's nonsense conspiracy garbage.

So I get why you like Jones.

Teenagers not children.
    They can't have it both ways. They took part in a disgusting PR piece to try and invoke the below.

Ya because fuck the children because I want to have more guns then some military bases. I will gladly sacrifice 100, 1000, 1,000,000 children so I can own all the guns I want.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    and free speech does not include hate speech anyway
    it does in the us. it's a shame that is the price we must pay, but i wouldn't have it any other way.

it does in the us. it's a shame that is the price we must pay, but i wouldn't have it any other way.
    it doesn't in the u.s.a. There are laws against Emotional and Mental abuse as well as Libel Lawsuits. Free speech in the U.S.A. is not absolute.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Let's take a coke advert. If I am a conservative, and I see a coke ad right before a video saying how all conservatives are dumb, am I really going to want to buy a coke? Adverts work primarily through psychology and subliminal messaging. Rarely do they work directly. If you see an advert, and then see a video that makes you angry, then you are not going to want to buy a coke.
    but adverts are placed on a range of conflicting content. Most people aren't watching content they don't like that which is why there was a political campaign highlighting it in the first place.

That's why advertisers have this power. Youtube makes all their money on adverts, and they do not want their customers leaving them because their ads are showing up on content they do not want. You and I? We are products. InfoWars? It is a product. We are not YouTube's customers, we are what they sell.
    and if groups are leaning on the businesses that supply youtube with ad money........

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I believe Alex Jones had said somewhere that he plays somewhat of a character but he is still definitely crazy. Not much to be said for him though considering he's claimed in the past that the Columbine shooting was a hoax and that the families of the victims were paid shills or some such crazy shit.
    It was Sandy Hook, I think, but yeah he did peddle that.

Which to me is kind of the moment when he went from a harmless, overly hammy actor, to an asshole that will say anything to pander to his base so they watch his show and buy his shit so he makes more cash.

15+ Year Old Account
    How is he banned when I go to the channel and see 18 videos posted since this MMO-Champ post was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You forgot basically all of the anti-vaxxers.
    I count them as part of that crowd, but yeah you could bring up Wakefiled and Jenny McCarthy.

Though I'd rather we were able to forget about them as a society due to them no longer being a thing but, alas =\

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

And there's been no "dishonest and secretive attacks". That's nonsense conspiracy garbage.

What's it like living in full denial? Should I link countless stories where YouTube censorship has occurred? Maybe I should start with Joe Rogan or SecureTeam10 stuff.

Also, you're fake news.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-02-28 at 05:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Alex Jones is a national treasure!
    If by "national treasure" you mean "cautionary tale", sure.

The people that actually watch that prick with any degree of seriousness have no interest in anything but their prolefeed version of reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    If by "national treasure" you mean "cautionary tale", sure.

The people that actually watch that prick with any degree of seriousness have no interest in anything but their prolefeed version of reality.
    LOL BWAHAHAHHAH too funny. Youtube is so SJW that this video is appearing on Trending! no really Alex Jones videos are appearing on Youtube Trending lol.

Last edited by szechuan; 2018-02-28 at 05:30 AM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    None of those people are on the left. They're closer to libertarians than anything. And the only thing they really have in common is thinking GMOs are bad which is hardly a conspiracy theory and mostly just ignorance.
    As someone who knows many people who are way far left (some who would even make Jill Stein and the Green Party seem like sane moderates in US politics), as well as plenty of libertarians of different stripes (from follows of Cruz, the Pauls, Rand, Beck, and everyone in between) none of those people are at all libertarians. They are literally the current stars of the far-left fringe groups that disappeared from the limelight when Obama was elected, who took over the mantle from Greenpeace, PETA, and the hardcore animal/environmental rights activists of the '90s/early 2000s.

They have far more in common than just GMOs are bad. There's the wonderful healing power of crystals and removing "toxins", chemtrails, a lot of them also think 9/11 was an inside job (though they don't subscribe to a lot of the other false-flag conspiracy theories pushed by Infowars), among others.
    Last edited by Brubear; 2018-02-28 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The one thing I’ve learned is that no libertarian is considered a true libertarian by other “libertarians”.
    Libertarians want freedom from government so they tend to side with Right Wing because they generally are for Smaller Government or at-least that's what they claim.

there actually is a new competitor to youtube that says it values free speech.

i can't remember the name of it, but it's mostly filled with racists right now. but, if that's the price, i'm willing to pay it. everyone should be able to hold their own ideals and speak them freely.
    Free speech applies to being able to post whatever you want on your own private website. Free speech doesn't mean you can shitpost on private websites and they have to put up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Ok? Not sure what that has to do with libertarians calling each other fake when they actually discuss their politics.
    I'm going to assume they don't even know what it means or he was joking/lying. Because Libertarians are for Freedom From Government. That's what there entire Party is also based on.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_L...nal_Convention

Libertarian also means "Doctrine of Free Will".
    The Libertarian Party (LP) is a political party in the United States that promotes civil liberties, non-interventionism, laissez-faire capitalism and the abolition of the welfare state.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libert...United_States)
    Libertarian often gets confused as "Liberals"
    They are not the same thing.
    Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-02-28 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    I'm going to assume they don't even know what it means or he was joking/lying. Because Libertarians are for Freedom From Government. That's what they're entire Party is also based on.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_L...nal_Convention

Libertarian also means "Doctrine of Free Will".

Libertarian often gets confused as "Liberals"
    They are not the same thing.
    Its really not weird to see libertarian argue they are fake. Because most Libertarian are only libertarian on paper so like most anarchist they get to call each other about how fake they are. Its people that never passed that stage of when you are a college kid and read Ayn Rand and believe you are now the smartest person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You realize they're not censoring Alex Jones because they simply disagree with the nonsense he spouts. They're doing it because what he's saying are factually wrong conspiracy theories.

Or do you actually think this school shooting and Sandy Hook were a hoax?
    Again, I could find thousands of bullshit conspiracy theory videos on Youtube right now. Why single out one nutjob over another?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Teenagers are children.
    No they're not.

Oh, take a hike. We're not talking moral panic. We're talking about literal survivors of an actual fucking spree shooting.
    They took part in a disgusting PR piece. If you cared you would complain about them being exploited.

There was nothing "covert" about Youtube's data collection.
    The average users does not know how or what is being done. Presumably you do?

Do I?

Youtube hiding peoples videos without warning,pushing videos into restricted mode, deleting videos and channels "by accident", losing subscribers and who knows what else, is dishonest and secretive.

Your arguments aren't as good as they used to be. Is it because you can't infract people for spurious reasons like calling people alt left that's frustrating you?

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Again, I could find thousands of conspiracy theory videos on Youtube right now. Why single out one nutjob over another?
    You're free to report videos that peddle Conspiracy too. Oh and it takes time, a lot of time to go through a lot of videos.

- - - Updated - - -

No they're not.
    According to the law they are.

They took part in a disgusting PR piece. If you cared you would complain about them being exploited.
    Exploited? I only saw them telling the truth.

The average users does not know how or what is being done. Presumably you do?
    Do you?

Youtube hiding peoples videos without warning,pushing videos into restricted mode, deleting videos and channels "by accident", losing subscribers and who knows what else, is dishonest and secretive.
    Youtube has there reasons and has already mentioned a lot of what you're talking about.