Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    Deleted

Local gun shops see spikes in AR-15 rifle sales after school shooting

Some local gun shops are reporting an increase in people buying AR-15 rifles.

The weapon, dubbed "America's most popular rifle" by the NRA, has been used in many mass shootings like the one in Las Vegas and most recently at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.

Aaron Forum, the owner of the Shoot Center in Cape Coral, said the store has seen AR-15 rifle sales increase by 30 percent following the Parkland incident.

He said it's a typical response following tragedies like mass shootings because people fear future restrictions would prevent them from owning the weapon.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/37541100/...chool-shooting

Didn't this indeed also happen the last time that they talked about more regulation?

Deleted
    Sick people

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically grown men acting like kids. They get really emotional when parents threaten to take their toys away. Emotional buyers are suckers for impulse purchases.

Every shooting I get some hysteria adverts from local dealers. Its like clockwork, more so than the tax rebate sales.

7+ Year Old Account
    its pretty amazing how people in america are like "strict gun regulations would reduce the amount of children (and adults) that die every single fucking day in this country by huge margins, but... BUT... i like guns, and those lives arent more important than my like of guns"

Deleted
    Not surprised one bit. In fact i’m starting to lose interest in (and sympathy with) what happens in America now when the solution is so glaringly obvious. Americans have become the laughing stock of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Sick people
    If more students at that school had guns, they would have been able to stop the attacker!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    If more students at that school had guns, they would have been able to stop the attacker!
    Yeah, haha, amazing that people actually believe that unironically.

Well, kinda obvious, they see more and more push to restrict gun access and they will want to buy guns before it happens (which I don't think it will happen anytime soon to be honest).

Any European having trouble understanding the Americans weapon zeitgeist, just think of mass immigration on Europe instead. No matter how many bad things happen, they will hold into the good or possible good outcomes.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by BadguyNotBadGuy View Post
    its pretty amazing how people in america are like "strict gun regulations would reduce the amount of children (and adults) that die every single fucking day in this country by huge margins, but... BUT... i like guns, and those lives arent more important than my like of guns"
    Pretty sure you're talking about two different people, not the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Well, kinda obvious, they see more and more push to restrict gun access and they will want to buy guns before it happens (which I don't think it will happen anytime soon to be honest).
    But they have overwhelming control of government, I mean Florida just defeated the suggestion by a landslide but asking for critical thinking from gun crazies is probably too high of a bar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Some local gun shops are reporting an increase in people buying AR-15 rifles.

The weapon, dubbed "America's most popular rifle" by the NRA, has been used in many mass shootings like the one in Las Vegas and most recently at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.

Aaron Forum, the owner of the Shoot Center in Cape Coral, said the store has seen AR-15 rifle sales increase by 30 percent following the Parkland incident.

He said it's a typical response following tragedies like mass shootings because people fear future restrictions would prevent them from owning the weapon.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/37541100/...chool-shooting

Didn't this indeed also happen the last time that they talked about more regulation?

They shoulodnt even allow heavy machine guns for citizens , appart from police etc

Gun nuts are going to be nutty, it's just what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Why? The shooter wasn't trained - it doesn't seem outlandish to think maybe someone with a gun could have taken him out and far reduce the number of deaths. This is coming from a pro-gun control guy
    So....train high school students to use and carry guns.....except the ones that will go on a crazy killing spree in the future ofc!
    Mother pus bucket!

Guns should only be for people who have a valid reason to own them.. like being a hunter is a valid reason to own a gun. "I like guns" is not a valid reason.

You should outlaw guns and offer people with then illegal guns a way to get rid of them without punishment for a limited time.

The best way to reduce overall gun related death is to reduce the number of guns.

Why? The shooter wasn't trained - it doesn't seem outlandish to think maybe someone with a gun could have taken him out and far reduce the number of deaths. This is coming from a pro-gun control guy
    I prefer the world in which nobody has a gun in the first place

Anyone can decide to be a hunter though
    If anyone can be a hunter without training / exam then your hunting system needs a revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    But they have overwhelming control of government, I mean Florida just defeated the suggestion by a landslide but asking for critical thinking from gun crazies is probably too high of a bar.
    I don't think the issue is as simple as you are trying to picture.

I lived most of my life in a country with a lot of gun control laws and it didn't work at all to control the gun violence. Criminals don't really care if they are breaking the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    I prefer the world in which nobody has a gun in the first place
    Does this world also have Unicorns and a working communist state? I would prefer leaving in middle earth, unfortunately that damn reality makes it impossible for both of us =(
    Last edited by Knolan; 2018-02-21 at 11:21 AM.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by Justcurzed View Post
    They shoulodnt even allow heavy machine guns for citizens , appart from police etc
    Mass shooting gun shouldn't be allowed by police, neither.
    Why does a police mass shoot at a group of people?

However, if you want to kill lots of people, a time bomb is the best, not gun.
    It is cheaper and safe (to yourself). You can do it many times.

Don't get advice from NRA. They just want to sell you the most expensive one.
    Get advice from Muslim.

Happens every time.

The more gun owners are scared, the more likely it is that something will eventually happen. This is a good thing.