Poll: Do you support world PvP

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Support a Dying Breed - World PvP'ers Unite - Say "Yes" or "No" to World PvP

World PvP'ers are a dying breed.
    Help and support us with feedback.

We want a Faction of World PvP with rewards for killing other players.
    Timeless Isle was the best of times where Blizzard for the first time supported war against factions...and even war against people of the same faction!
    Timeless Isle was the perfect paradise for our community and for some reason we never saw such content ever again

Say "Yes" or "No" to World PvP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: I dont support the killing of low levels with a max level char. That is not true World PvP and those guys bring a bad reputation to this community.

Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-03-03 at 02:40 PM.

TBH genuine world pvp died when battlegrounds were introduced. Can't see it come back anytime this or the next decade.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Isle of Quel'Danas was the best world PvP. It was for territory, the side who won got to do their dailies, the side who lost effectively lost their time which is the whole point of winning and losing, the losers needs to lose something instead of be like in BGs where they stuill get something, that's completely fucking stupid and backward, catering to shitters instead of promoting the right thing, and the right thing is performance.

Also there was no bullshit betrayal against your own faction, what a clown concept made for griefers, trolls, and completely ignoring anyone who has honor and self respect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support world PvP but I don't really care, you'll all going to be phased out soon, sadly. Only time I will fully care if when it'll affect my RPpvp.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

it's over man.. relish the times you had and start looking towards other titles because WoW's been moving against it for so long now that there's no way they'll backpedal on this one.

The phasing pvp stuff with extra rewards for doing things in the world will probably help a lot with this case, and tbh I don't think it needs more.

World pvp almost always came down to engaging in unfair fight, ganking low levels and people who just want to finish their quests/fishing/whatever in peace. I'll never support this.

However, being around likeminded people, who want to get into random fights on even grounds seems a lot more appealing. I'll probably actually use that when I'm in the right mood from time to time.

Isle of Quel'Danas was the last world pvp WOW has seen
    been dead a while now..

10+ Year Old Account
    World PvP is literally the best aspect of WoW and it's been dead for 10 years. I support bringing it back. #MAWA

good bye and good riddance

7+ Year Old Account
    World pvp died cause its bad.
    why do yo uthink world pvp dissapeared in vanilla once bgs were added? because its better, world pvp is 100% just "Ok that dude is distracted killing 2 mobs, time to kill him well he is at 50% HP"
    or
    "That dude is just trying to mine, time to fuck over his whole day"

also super cringy art doesent help... like im all for some memes but come on... its just cringy dude, to a whole new level
    like its so fucking bad... its so bad...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Also there was no bullshit betrayal against your own faction, what a clown concept made for griefers, trolls, and completely ignoring anyone who has honor and self respect.
    Such a beautiful concept killing your own faction. Just thinking about it brings a tear to my eye.
    Reminds me of the Defias Brotherhood and rebels against the system

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    World pvp died cause its bad.
    why do yo uthink world pvp dissapeared in vanilla once bgs were added? because its better, world pvp is 100% just "Ok that dude is distracted killing 2 mobs, time to kill him well he is at 50% HP"
    or
    "That dude is just trying to mine, time to fuck over his whole day"

also super cringy art doesent help... like im all for some memes but come on... its just cringy dude, to a whole new level
    like its so fucking bad... its so bad...
    LOL, what can i say...i'm a bad artist i have no skillz T_T

Battle for Azeroth sounds like the perfect expansion to really tinker with world pvp, and make it very enticing for a large number of players. Though, I’ve always felt that old school world pvp was never really beneficial in terms of character progression, and people only did it because they had fun, therefore I don’t blame Blizz for the lack of world pvp nowadays. I think the players themselves moved away from it.
    Stoneskin, Mana Spring, Wrath of Air, Totem of Wrath...

I support the path that Blizzard seems to be taking regarding World PvP, in Battle for Azeroth.

I, however, will reserve my right to change my opinion once I actually try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Timeless Isle was the best of times where Blizzard for the first time supported war against factions...and even war against people of the same faction!
    Timeless Isle was the perfect paradise for our community and for some reason we never saw such content ever again
    And also forced against players who don't want PvP. Times have changed and most people, even non-PvPers, flocked to bigger servers to play with more people/friends/etc., and this also means they're stuck on a PvP server that they didn't necessarily want to be on, myself included.

The change announced at Blizzcon was something I nearly cried at. It was by far the best part of the presentation (which TBH is kinda sad for an expansion reveal but w/e), and I'm more than thrilled it's coming. Now, you'll be able to WPvP to your hearts content against other people who WANT to WPvP, and those of us who don't can just opt out.

Because I mean, what's more fun? Fighting people against their will that don't want to and either get ganked or don't care to fight back, or, fighting people who specifically chose to be on the PvP side and having a decently fair fight which will also improve your PvP skills? If you chose the former, you're just an asshole/shitter, and if you chose the latter, well then, you're actually a smart person.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtsinchaos View Post
    Battle for Azeroth sounds like the perfect expansion to really tinker with world pvp, and make it very enticing for a large number of players. Though, I’ve always felt that old school world pvp was never really beneficial in terms of character progression, and people only did it because they had fun, therefore I don’t blame Blizz for the lack of world pvp nowadays. I think the players themselves moved away from it.
    There won't necessarily be progression or much incentive to do it, but when you opt-in, players will most definitely be engaging more in PvP than today, since, again, you'll be opting-in to a shard/instance of other players, ALL OF WHICH ALSO OPTED-IN. Less ganking/unfair PvP, more expected and welcomed brawls.

Also, they're adding an incentive to opt-in as you'll get "bonus rewards" for leaving it on instead of off since you'll very likely be going a lot slower on a PvP shard than a non-PvP shard due to the extra fights you'll have to deal with.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2018-03-01 at 08:33 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    TBH genuine world pvp died when battlegrounds were introduced. Can't see it come back anytime this or the next decade.
    Exactly so. There is no reason to world pvp other than selfish reasons. You aren't a dying bread. Your peers just grew up. You should not be actively encouraging the prevention of playing the game by another person, especially when there are no incentives in place.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Such a beautiful concept killing your own faction. Just thinking about it brings a tear to my eye.
    Reminds me of the Defias Brotherhood and rebels against the system

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, what can i say...i'm a bad artist i have no skillz T_T
    i mean its decent drawing but its fucking this

look like fucking dio when he watches that mother zombie eat her baby alive
    liek for fucks sakes

like i have some less then standard art, but i know to avoid the weird faces.
    (Commissioned not mine)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I fully support world PvP dying in a hole and forever being forgotten. Amen.

And if blizzard insist on keeping it alive then you deserve no rewards for doing it either way.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-03-01 at 08:41 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think your picture might have a lame eye.

World PVP = ganking single individuals in groups, preferably lower level ones. Kill it with fire, bury the charred remains and forgot it forever.

Good news is you can shard onto a realm with all the other trolls when you want to fight. They will be looking for it. Instead of flying down on kids in hellfire as a 110 for lawls is on the 61 and 62s that can't fight back.