Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What Weak Aura profile do you guys use?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    If thats the case then he did not have to write the post in the first place.
    Take your childish insults somewhere else.
    What about your childish insults? Where do you take those? Not to play fury would be my first guess lol.

Fun is completely objective and those enjoying themselves are always preached to how wrong they are for playing a spec. Just like not liking something is also subjective but haters love to treat it like fact. But someone calling another player shit and foolish for enjoying something they don't well that isn't a shocker coming from the wow community or MMO Champion. The Trolls need to get exctied a rub their fat bellies with their tounges hanging out somehow.
    The Last Starfighter

"Listen, Centauri. I'm not any of those guys, I'm a kid from a trailer park." - Alex Rogan

"If that's what you think, then that's all you'll ever be!" - Centauri

Quote Originally Posted by Epicon View Post
    What about your childish insults? Where do you take those? Not to play fury would be my first guess lol.

Fun is completely objective and those enjoying themselves are always preached to how wrong they are for playing a spec. Just like not liking something is also subjective but haters love to treat it like fact. But someone calling another player shit and foolish for enjoying something they don't well that isn't a shocker coming from the wow community or MMO Champion. The Trolls need to get exctied a rub their fat bellies with their tounges hanging out somehow.
    I didn't insult anyone. If you write a blog like this on a forum then you have to expect that other people will jump in with their opinions. If you can't handle that then the internet might not be for you.

Success in this game revolves around having a strong community (be it 4 or 19 other people) and investing time to get the best possible gear and best possible skill.

All three require reliability in performance. For most us who don't have the time or will to play this game profesionally, we can be lucky if we have one class and spec for which we fulfill the criteria. Anyhing beyond that is usually luxury reserved for the most dedicated players.

Flexibility, an important aspect of enjoying this game, varies between specs, classes, players. Due to large variety of specs, self-healing tanks and pet classes, for example, will have greater soloing ability than others. Other classes, like mages, thrive in group content.

Most of us senior players know this from the start. There's no surprise beast mastery hunter will be a top solo content class, whatever the current iteration of it, just like there's no surprise warriors need healers to keep them up. It has been that way since first days of Alterac Valley 8-hour battles.

Superstition and dislike existed from very early days of Vanilla. I had a 14-year old's dream come true to tank Molten Core as a bear, beacuse no other guild would have him. He did a solid job of making the maximum out of a truly gimped class. By same logic, I allowed a shadow priest and a fully R14 geared ret paladin. Before that, we as a group lacked a tank so we rotated the hunter' pet and had our shaman go tank spec. We cleared all dungeons up to Blackrock Depths, where mobs started hitting too hard.
    Did they top DPS meters? They did not. But they were having fun and were grateful for the opportunity. That is what gimped specs feel like. Being rejected on a game-wide level (at that time played by millions of people).

Fury in 2018 is nowhere near that level of struggle and humiliation.

You can argue that Blizzard spent more than a decade changing the game. It's true. And we changed with it. But to be fair, our skill at clicking buttons developed much faster than our social skills. A perfect Mythic+ spec is giving you social crutches. Fury does not have that luxury. So what? Be better at social skills.

The issue here is not whether you can top DPS charts (and I presume you can, actually), but whether you are fully accepted and appreciated by your community. No class or spec can buy that. That one is purely on the player.

If anyone feels forced to play the optimal class and spec for M22+ then it's a sad state of affairs that says more about the community than the game itself.
    Last edited by Parhelion; 2018-03-13 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parhelion View Post
    If anyone feels forced to play the optimal class and spec for M22+ then it's a sad state of affairs that says more about the community than the game itself.
    You made some good points and I agree with most of it, but this last part I have to disagree with. There are some specs that legitimately do not have the tool sets to deal with some boss mechanics. Fury is going to have a bitch of a time surviving tyrannical Hyrja at 21+. My frost DK can't survive tyrannical Melandrus 20+ even with 14% avoidance and Prydaz unless the healer can afford to just focus spam me. I am sure there are plenty of others, and while it may be possible to survive, it is unlikely and experienced groups will probably chose not to take the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    You made some good points and I agree with most of it, but this last part I have to disagree with. There are some specs that legitimately do not have the tool sets to deal with some boss mechanics.
    I understand what you're saying. This one is on Blizzard. It's their content. Even if it scales into infinity (like Mythic+), there should be no unavoidable damage that can one-shot any class. An on-demand damage mitigation should be in the warriors' toolkit, perhaps some sort of Ignore Pain. That would fit class fantasy.

I'm thinking hard and I can't seem to find any other class or spec that doesn't have some sort of damage mitigation built in.
    Last edited by Parhelion; 2018-03-15 at 11:26 AM.

Deleted
    DPS warrs in legion is the most I have hated their specs and I have played warr since vanilla (did skip WoD & MoP on warr).

Deleted
    I really enjoyed Inner Rage Fury, but dont like the current Bloodbath Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    You made some good points and I agree with most of it, but this last part I have to disagree with. There are some specs that legitimately do not have the tool sets to deal with some boss mechanics. Fury is going to have a bitch of a time surviving tyrannical Hyrja at 21+. My frost DK can't survive tyrannical Melandrus 20+ even with 14% avoidance and Prydaz unless the healer can afford to just focus spam me. I am sure there are plenty of others, and while it may be possible to survive, it is unlikely and experienced groups will probably chose not to take the risk.
    What boss do you mean? Or did you get confused with the Guild Wars god Melandru? Legit confused right now haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    What boss do you mean? Or did you get confused with the Guild Wars god Melandru? Legit confused right now haha.
    Melandrus is the last boss of Court of Stars.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

On the topic of survivability, I watched a hpala stream yesterday of Lower Karazhan +22. Blood DK tank, two affli warlocks, a rogue. The hpala did 10 % of healing (on average).

On the other hand, after that, they did CoS +24, and it was trinary. Either instant death, instant 80-90% HP loss or no damage. I guess it's the "instant 90% hp loss" that's the issue for fury warriors.

Fury is so awefully boring in legion I can’t stand it. Don’t get me started on rampage. Such an annoying and long animation. And I never understood how more buttons makes it more fun to play. Yay I pressed another button next to my other button omfg this is so fun. Or not it’s an annoying hassle. The less buttons you have to press the more fun I have. I hate the current state when you have to press this first then that. Ffs just let me use whatever button available or best for the moment. Hell I played combat rogue in wotlk. And specifically played this because the ruptureless rotation was viable. This made it to. Spam sinister strike then snd and eviscerate. Man that was so simple and fun I miss it. Fury was fun and simple too.

I didn't insult anyone. If you write a blog like this on a forum then you have to expect that other people will jump in with their opinions. If you can't handle that then the internet might not be for you.
    So you point is: If you ask anything on the internet, always expect fools to respond with pointless, rude comments.
    Opinions was what he requested, but your comments was pointless to the topic and frankly just not very clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    So you point is: If you ask anything on the internet, always expect fools to respond with pointless, rude comments.
    Opinions was what he requested, but your comments was pointless to the topic and frankly just not very clever.
    He got my opinion. What you're suggesting here is that he was looking for people that agreed with him. He never said anything of the sort though.
    If you don't like to have your ideas and oppinions challenged then you really should keep them to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Siven View Post
    I really enjoyed Inner Rage Fury, but dont like the current Bloodbath Fury.
    I agree, but it's a lot less worse if you either run Carnage along with it and/or just equip Cenn+Valarjar, the Rage generation is high enough to keep the spec fun, and it's what I do when we run Heroic. What is a good deal less fun is the optimal execute build from 100-20, but as a silver lining it does allow us to go Super Saiyan from 20-0 which has its charm.

He got my opinion. What you're suggesting here is that he was looking for people that agreed with him. He never said anything of the sort though.
    If you don't like to have your ideas and oppinions challenged then you really should keep them to yourself.
    And this is where i realize i am talking to someone my kids age, and simply leave the conversation. Have fun.

And this is where i realize i am talking to someone my kids age, and simply leave the conversation. Have fun.
    That would put you at around 60-65 then?

That would put you at around 60-65 then?
    And that would make you way to old to act like you do. Have a nice evening.

And that would make you way to old to act like you do. Have a nice evening.
    I'm not the one flaming and tossing out insults here. But sure, have a nice evening.

10+ Year Old Account
    That does not mean he knows how to play it.
    So? he's having fun with something IN A GAME, that's enough.